It Is possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
Debate Rounds (4)
2. Familial love, friendships and poly amorous relationships will be excluded from this argument.
3. A person can be in one relationship and right after be in another relationship. Not getting rid of their old feelings and having both feelings of romantic love at once.
4. A person you romantically loved died, and then you fell in love with another person while still having the romantic feelings of your past lover.
5. Romantic love is a feeling that can no be planned, therefore it is not possible to know when or with whom you will fall in love, making is possible to get this feeling for more that one person at a time.
6. It is possible that more than one person has traits that make you sexually attracted or physically attracted to them. Therefore, it is possible to romantically love each of these people for their different characteristics at once.
7. Therefore, it is possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
Non controversial- 1and 2
-people can still be in love with the person from their past relationship while chosing to be in another. It may not have been by choice that they could not stay in a relationship but because of circumstances that could not have been avoided.
-people can be in love with different personalities and characterisics this can not be controlled.
2. i agree
3. If the relationship ends on a bad note the feelings for the old lover will not be there anymore and you can find someone else that you can bond with and fall in love without having feelings for your past lover.
4. Many people tend to move on and slowly forget how that person made them feel so once that occurs they will move on to another person and love them.
5. if you romantically love someone and are loyal you do not get to the level of romanticism with someone else.
6. when you truly love someone everything they have to offer is enough, their characteristics are enough and you will not go around looking for another lover because what they have is perfect to you.
7. Therefore, it is not possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
1 and 2
4. What if the feelings are not forgotten? once they move on they will remain the same and get the same new feelings for the new person
5. Love is an unpredictable feeling.
6. It is not possible to say that feelings for another person will not come at the same time as you have them for someone else.
7.. What if you are in a romantic situation with another person because both are under the influence, then you get romantic feelings that you would not have had unless you tried it.
8. You do not need to go looking around, it could come unexpectedly at your work, or school and this new person triggers the same romantic feelings you have already.
9. Therefore, It is possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
4. if the person is gone then they're not going to feel that same, they are going to feel pity not the romantic love because noone is going to be there to give them the romantic love back to them and thats what that person needs.
5. i agree love is unpredictable and so is someones feelings so one can have feelings and then lose feelings for the other person through time and slowly forget how that person made them feel before.
6. i agree but you can also push yourself away from putting yourself in that situation because you are loyal to your other lover.
7. how do you know what you're feeling is romantic love instead of lust.
8. you can not just get romantically attached to someone by seeing them, it takes time and if you love someone else romantically you will not put yourself in a situation like that and let it build with another person.9. therefore, it is not possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
4. it is possible that the person feels pity as well as love. When you romantically love someone you can also give them your pity. and just because they are not around to give you love back does not mean the memories will not suffice and allow for the feelings to remain while simultaneously having romantic feelings for a new person.
5. Feelings are not easily lost from one person to the next. especially if the relationship ended unwillingly.
6. Where other substances, such as alcohol or drugs, are involved, a person is usually unlikely to think logically and avoid situations that we would otherwise. Therefore when those substance are involved it is almost impossible to keep your loyalty to one person because you may not even be conscious of it.
7. When you romantically love someone, you love every part of that person. Their personality, their physical appearance, also their imperfections, whereas lust is pure sexual desire. There is no emotional connection.
8. I agree that it takes time to become romantically attached to someone. sometimes those situations are unavoidable if they come up at a place like work or school because those are mandatory.
9. Therefore, it is possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
4. if you are too focused on the memories and the past feelings you are not going to have enough time to love someone else because that involves time and it wont happen if you are too busy mourning.
5. the feelings would if the feelings were not easily lost then what makes you think they are going to look for another lover if their mind is focused on their past lover.
6. i agree but that doesn't mean just because they "hooked up" once they are going to be romantically in love with one another it can simply be lust and a fantasy and it only occurred because they were under the influence but im pretty sure if they were sober the person would not act upon it because they are inlove with the other person and mistakes happen.
7. if you act upon your desire and lets say it was your first time and you did it with that person you are going to grow attached and will not forget about that person and you will grow feelings for this person.
8. how would one put themselves in a situation like that if youre mind is focused on your lover, you're not going to have enough time to spend with this person. you will push your self away from something like that because you are committed to the other person.
9. therefore, it is not possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
4. memories are not always completely consuming. It is possible that you remember a field trip when you where younger but that memory is not going to prevent you from creating new ones on a new field trip.
5. If the feelings are not lost then it does not mean the person will just be trying to hold onto them and do nothign else. It is possible for the person to hold on to old feelings of their former romantic love that they unfortunately could not be with and find a new person to love romantically to creat a relationship that works in their favor.
6. maybe when they were hooking up their intention was not to fall in love but, like we said before love is unpredictable. So maybe if the person was sober they would not have experimented but since they did they now have two romatic lovers, although it was not planned.
7. That was be true. Since this person if the first person you romantically loved, then those feelings will not change when you find someone else and grow feelings for them.
8. Although your mind is focused on your lover, it is possible that someone new comes into your life and your are attracted to them lustfully. That lust could then turn into romantic love and you now romantically love them both.
9. Therefore it is possible to love more than one person at once.
4. I agree that memories are not always completely consuming, however, if you compare the memories of your old field trip to your new one, the will one be that is better an therefore you appreciate it and love it more.
5. That is possible, for the person to look for someone they can romantically love and be with while still feeling romantic love with someone else, however, I think by the time this person begins to feel romantic love for a new person, they will lose their old feelings or they will no longer be as strong or meaningful. The old feelings lack the actual desire for romance.
6. I do not agree with this because if the person realized the hook up was wrong to begin with, once they are sober, then they will not continue to try and create a romantic love after this one mistake because they have another person whom they romantically love and give all their effort to.
7. It is possible for a person to always feel some type of way about the first person they were with, however, I think over time if you are no longer together it seems impossible for the feelings to stay the same especially if you are with a new person.
8. If you are allowing yourself to let the lustful attraction to turn into romantic love, then you must be giving this person more of your attention and time and romance than to your former lover. You love one and lose the other.
9. Therefore it is not possible to love more than one person at once.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.