BeardBoulevard
ConserativeDemocrat

It doesn't matter if humans die out.

BeardBoulevard

Pro

People are so obsessed with the survival of our species. Why? You know that you, personally, will be dead some day, right? And everyone else who is currently alive will be too. Why does it matter if there are any more humans after that?
Who would it really hurt if we stopped reproducing? Chances are, the death of our species is unavoidable anyway. Someday, we will either die, or evolve into something else.
I mean, I understand wanting to keep everyone who is already alive, alive, as long as possible. I don't understand the need for more humans.
ConserativeDemocrat

Con

This is a very interesting and deep topic to discuss.

First off, the main purpose of life is to reproduce. If we die out, then we will be unable to reproduce, which goes against nature. I would say that that matters a lot. Next, we all are have thoughts, memories, and the like. If we die out, then all of our memories of the past, and any future memories will not exist. That is for all people, either present or future. That matters to me at least. Next, if all humans die out, then what will happen to the other animals in our planet? As nuclear power planets go critical, what will happen to the innocent animals nearby? Not to mention pets. To other animals, it will matter if we die out. Now for some semantics. Definition for matter: 1.
be of importance; have significance.
Definition of importance: the state or fact of being of great significance or value.
I would argue that since people have value, then they should be allowed to live.

Finally, at least to me, life is short, but is wonderful. I believe that since life is precious, people should have the opportunity to live.

Since this debate is so subjective, I ask that voters do not vote for arguments, but only tell us who won. Thank you.
BeardBoulevard

Pro

BeardBoulevard forfeited this round.
ConserativeDemocrat

Con

ConserativeDemocrat forfeited this round.
BeardBoulevard

Pro

BeardBoulevard forfeited this round.
ConserativeDemocrat

Con

I'm still here...
BeardBoulevard

Pro

BeardBoulevard forfeited this round.
ConserativeDemocrat

Con

This is disappointing. This would of been an interesting debate.
BeardBoulevard

Pro

BeardBoulevard forfeited this round.
ConserativeDemocrat

Con

Posted by BeardBoulevard 1 year ago
BeardBoulevard
If I can, I will post a counter argument tomorrow.
Posted by BeardBoulevard 1 year ago
BeardBoulevard
Sorry, I haven't logged on in a few days. Sorry, I feel bad.
Posted by ConserativeDemocrat 1 year ago
ConserativeDemocrat
That's fine. You might lose conduct points though.
Posted by BeardBoulevard 1 year ago
BeardBoulevard
I think I am going to have to miss this round. I apologize, I will post next round. I am about to graduate, and I am busy.