It doesn't matter if you say "Soccor" or "Football"

Started: 10/2/2014 Category: Sports

It doesn't matter :)

It actually does matter in a way. Not even by speaking it, but writing it. It's "soccer" not "soccor".

If you live in the USA saying "football" means you want to toss the pig skin around. If you say "soccer" it means you want to kick around a ball into a goal. In Brazil it matters too. If you met someone that speaks English, you should say "football" instead of "soccer". This way they know what you are talking about. You should say it correctly too, as well as write it correctly. Confusing people makes you seem rude. It's best to avoid the confusion and possible argument and just say it correctly where you are.

You wouldn't want to upset someone in their own country if you're a tourist. Being a tourist can be risky, but being a rude tourist is worse.

Will2244 forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeit the last round.

I have a short character amount so I will state the second part of my argument as short as possible.

Disrespect is a serious thing and saying "football" when referring to soccer in America can and will offend some people. Offending people in another country is horrible and can lead to consequences like scams or getting targeted. Especially in foreign countries. Being a target is the last thing you want while being a tourist.

I forfeit the rest of this debate. You Win,

My opponent says he forfeits. I win?
Posted by Mike01506 2 years ago
Well it does matter. What started as football, then got re-named by the Americans as Soccer for seemingly no reason. Therefore it just creates confusion, and 'debates' like this.
Posted by Emilrose 2 years ago
Technically it does matter, as its correct spelling is "soccer".
Posted by MykSkodar 2 years ago
It does because nobody says soccor. You mean soccer.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture