jhenley9111
nato1111

It is 100% Wrong to be Gay

jhenley9111

jhenley9111

Con

I will ague that it is OK to be gay. I will let my opponent go first. Best of luck!
nato1111

Pro

Why is being gay wrong? I'm a straight girl with no deep religious views. I know the difference between right and wrong. Homosexuality is not wrong. It is not exactly right. But heterosexuality is not right either. If anything they are both right, they are both a choice for each person to individually look at it. Or maybe it"s not really a choice. Maybe people are born gay. I really think I was born straight. I just want to know why people think it"s so wrong. So I'll argue a few point people usually bring up.
God Thinks its Wrong
How the hell do we know what God thinks? God loves everyone and he forgives you as long as you ask. So if he can forgive a pedophile, which is possibly the worst type of person, as long as they ask for forgiveness, why can't he forgive a gay? I'm not saying gays need to ask for forgiveness I'm just saying if he really did think it was wrong why couldn't he forgive them? If you think being gay is against god why can't you just get on with your life and let god deal with it when gays get to heaven?
The Population Will Go Down If Gays Can Marry
I saw someone post that on another discussion. That is so ignorant. Homosexuality has been around for centuries it just wasn't talked about because it wasn't a big deal. The next generation will not just decided to be gay because they see gay people married. They won't even always think it"s right if gays are married. Blacks and whites get married all the time but alot of kids are taught that that"s wrong. Its whatever their parents tell them. Even if they think its right they won't just turn gay. They will have to decide who they are on their own just like every person before them. They will merely accept it. And that brings me to..
Gay Marriage Ruins the Sanctity of Marriage
All I have to say is if people are fighting so hard for something, so passionately, just to be like everyone else why can't we let them? Romeo and Juliet fought for their marriage which was considered wrong, and everyone thinks it"s the best love story ever. Two people fighting and dying just to love each other. Why was it beautiful when they fought for a marriage considered wrong but when two men do it its against god? If they fight so hard for it then they really want it and they will mean their vows so much more than straight people who take marriage for granted.
jhenley9111

Con

"Homosexuality is not wrong."

If you are making this claim, why did you choice this debate??

"I just want to know why people think it"s so wrong."

I do too. I think your on the CON side of this debate.
nato1111

Pro

Your the con for this argument and it is very convincing title it is 100% wrong to be gay it should say is it 100 wrong to be gay? Plus I'm the for gay in this argument.
jhenley9111

Con

No. I pick the title and I pick the side I'm on. It is YOUR job to pick what side you are on.
nato1111

Pro

01) Being gay is not natural. b29; And real Americans always reject unnatural things like polyester, and air conditioning, tattoos, piercings 02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, b29;in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall. 03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. b29;People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract. 04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; b29;Hence why women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal. 05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; b29;And we can't let the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage be destroyed. 06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. b29;So therefore, gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our population isn't out of control, our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children. 07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, b29;Since of course straight parents only raise straight children. 08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. b29;In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America. 09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. b29; Which is exactly why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children. 10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. b29;Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
jhenley9111

Con

Those arguments mean nothing now. You already stated that you were on the CON side.
nato1111

Pro

ok well then what am i to say then?
jhenley9111

Con

just go home...
nato1111

Pro

well then
Posted by Anatta 3 years ago
Anatta
yeah that was amusing
Posted by bro20 3 years ago
bro20
so funny :)
Posted by syz 3 years ago
syz
This was freaking hilarious.
Vote Placed by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
jhenley9111nato1111Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Very confusing, Pro sides with Con and backs up Con's argument. Hmmm, There can only be one decision as to who was most convincing, Why? Because Con even convinced Pro!
Vote Placed by subgenius 3 years ago
subgenius
jhenley9111nato1111Tied
Reasons for voting decision: dumbest debate i have read so far...i wish i could take points away from both of you...its 100% wrong to be as dumb this debate was
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
jhenley9111nato1111Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never provided an argument. Pro was utterly confused, but had better conduct.
Vote Placed by Dennybug 3 years ago
Dennybug
jhenley9111nato1111Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Jhenley gets points for conduct, since pro accepted a debate and didn't understand which side she was arguing for.
Vote Placed by Defro 3 years ago
Defro
jhenley9111nato1111Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro chose the wrong side.
Vote Placed by NightofTheLivingCats 3 years ago
NightofTheLivingCats
jhenley9111nato1111Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Confusion.