Arganger
kyky33

It is Better to be Upfront and Honest about Yourself, than to Fake Yourself and Hide.

kyky33 has forfeited round #2.

Arganger

Pro

I will allow you to go first, I desperately need an argument to relieve stress.
Three rounds and max 2,000 characters. I want to keep this somewhat short.
kyky33

Con

Ok, nice move. So, I think being yourself is important, but what about that date you want to score? Some people are simply not sure if they can get a date by being themselves, so they act like they're something they're not, and when they fully trust the other person, they start to act like themselves.

XD
Arganger

Pro

Being fake might get you a date but at what cost? presenting yourself differently than what you're really like lies to the other person about what they are in for, and therefore makes a long lasting relationship much less likely or stable. instead of acting like someone else it is best to act like yourself and if they cannot fall in love with that, then it wouldn't of worked anyway.

It's like cat fishing on tinder.
Posted by Killua 6 months ago
Killua
I think it is Better to be Upfront and Honest about Yourself, than to Fake Yourself and Hide if it doesnt cause any harm to others.
First thing first, why would you want to fake and hide your trueself? if it is to satisfy others, to mingle with others, then i would think that it is an incorrect thinking. Life is so short, why want to fake yourself and hide it for others if it is suffering. We should just be ourselves, there wouldn't have ideal situation where everyone likes you. There are people in this world who would like you for who you are, like your honesty. So why hide?
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 7 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@Arganger vote for me in this debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by WhiteHawk 7 months ago
WhiteHawk
I agree with you KyKy33, but people should be themselves because being someone you want to be, is not very moral in my opinion, it just mentally exhausts you. You need to be yourself, no one is better at being you than you.