romeoboy
Burls

It is better to be flayed than to be burnt.

romeoboy

romeoboy

Con

Both deaths are painful, but you will die sooner and suffer less by being burnt than by being flayed.
Burls

Pro

It isn't beyond our sensibility to comprehend that to some masochists it may be better to be flayed than to be burnt.

The argument has a subjective flaw.
romeoboy

Con

Since the argument is stated in a very general manner, it should be also be in concern of the general perspective.

Leaving aside the experience of the inflicted, it would be more cumbersome and difficult to manage a flayed corpse than to manage a burned one ( as ashes).
So even for others, it is better to have a burnt victim rather than a flayed one.
Burls

Pro

I think people would agree that the amount of work necessary to thoroughly burn a victim is unnecessarily tedious compared to the simpler flaying procedure.
romeoboy

Con

In regards to start-up, maybe but not that big of a difference.
Equipment:
Flaying: knife
Burning: gasoline and lighter

But more work is required for flaying. You have to keep peeling. It is not only time consuming in the long run but it also requires more effort.
On the other hand, once you got the body lit up, it will do the rest of the work for you.
Burls

Pro

Truth is I composted a horse in the heat of August without stinking up the neighborhood, it's a common practice with chicken farmers these days. Flaying and composting is more sensible than burning with gasoline and then dealing with the charred remains.
Posted by Preston 1 year ago
Preston
ditto but burn fries nerves so you only feel pain for a sec, Flaying you feel the whole thing....
|
V
Posted by AnyDifference 1 year ago
AnyDifference
Just thinking about either kind is enough to make me cringe...
Vote Placed by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
romeoboyBurlsTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm confused the debate seemed to go from the benefits of being flayed and burnt to the benefits of flaying and burning. My interpretation will stick with the benefits of being flayed vs burnt. Pro concedes that being burnt is less painful, with the masochist referance. With the only argument to affirm each side of the resolution being this one, I have to give the win to con. I assume most people are not masochists, so cons arguments about pain carry greater weight than pro's arguments for pleasure from pain.