GarretKadeDupre
M4sterDeb8er

It is better to be too cold then to be too hot

M4sterDeb8er

GarretKadeDupre

Pro

First round is acceptance of challenge, followed by stating what your favorite color is.

Mine is orange. Good luck.
M4sterDeb8er

Con

I accept. State your argument.
GarretKadeDupre

Pro

You failed to mention your favorite color...

If you are too cold, you can easily warm yourself by curling up into a ball or wrapping yourself in a blanket. But if you are too hot, it's not so easy so cool yourself off and maintain a lower temperature.
M4sterDeb8er

Con

My opponent's argument largely stands upon the Idea that it is easier to become warmer than it is to become colder. I would like to rebut that point by describing how a coat works. A coats works by trapping air, allowing the body to warm that air so a temperature stable environment can be reached. This makes a person feel warmer because his or her body does not lose heat.

On the other hand, if you were fan yourself with something it would increase airflow by evaporating sweat. This is more effective than trying to stop air.

Your argument is invalid.

My favorite color is blue, and I'm on my phone, sources next round.
GarretKadeDupre

Pro

"if you were fan yourself with something it would increase airflow by evaporating sweat. This is more effective than trying to stop air."

It may be more effective, but not nearly as efficient. The act of physical activity, like fanning yourself, expends energy which actually creates more heat! Con proposes a method of reducing heat by creating more heat! I would say my argument is not invalid; rather, Con's argument is invalid.

Also, on top of the fact that fanning one's self creates more heat, it also requires much continuous, conscious effort. Warming oneself by remaining in a curled up position in a blanket requires absolutely no conscious effort after the position is attained. Hence, it is better to be too cold then too hot.

I eagerly await Con's response.
M4sterDeb8er

Con

1. You don't need anything to cool yourself down, you can use your hand.
2. If you get too cold, your activity will be limited by shivering. If you get too hot, you will sweat, mobility is still there.
3. Using a pool takes no effort.
4. Relief of fanning oneself exceeds heat gained by energy expension.

http://wiki.answers.com...
http://www.quora.com...
Posted by GarretKadeDupre 1 year ago
GarretKadeDupre
Wow, Bull_Diesel just voted Con because of one easily understandable misspelling on my part. Not cool. Since my opponent didn't complain about this, I don't see the problem.
Posted by Imagination 1 year ago
Imagination
What do you mean by "better"?

Better for survival? Better for comfort? Better for mobility? Better for something else?
Vote Placed by Bull_Diesel 1 year ago
Bull_Diesel
GarretKadeDupreM4sterDeb8erTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins this debate by default. There are two possibilities, 1) Pro isn't a moron and actually meant to write "Better to be hot, then cold." as the debate subject. In this case, neither of you argued for or against the resolution and you both lose. I still give a point to Con for better argument. 2) Pro didn't mean to write 'then' , he meant to type 'than'. In this case, Pro fails at even prompting the debate effectively, and Con wins . 'Nuff Said
Vote Placed by AshleysTrueLove 1 year ago
AshleysTrueLove
GarretKadeDupreM4sterDeb8erTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sources vs non sources. However agree with pro arguments and Con's arguments were unconvincing at best.