OldIHag
ConservativePolitico

It is better to have lost at love than never loved at all.

ConservativePolitico

OldIHag

Con

It is better to have lost at love than never loved at all. I call bullcrap on this little saying.
ConservativePolitico

Pro

It is better to have experienced the feeling of being in love and the perks that come with and endure the heartbreak than to have never experienced it at all.

Being in love generally makes one happy. It makes you feel affection, romance and general euphoria when you're around the person you love. If the love his returned then the affects are magnified. [1]

Overall, it is better to have the experience of something and endure the negative externalities that may come with it than to never have experienced it in the first place. How can you comment on something you've never felt? More experiences generates a more general knowledge and fuller life experience. Knowledge is power and through aquiring the knowledge about love you will become more powerful in your next romantic endevours thus increasing your prospects of a happier relationship down the road which again will generate the positive feelings of love all over again. It's a positive feedback loop really.

Being in love generates positive feelings and in the end aquiring the experience of being in love will make you more knowledgable and better suited to give input and reflect on life as a whole. So not only do you get the positive aspects of being in love while in love but you also get a more general welfare in the end.

Never loving at all merely allows the person to avoid heartbreak, which is not only cowardly but leaves you utterly devoid of the wonderful experience that is love.

It is indeed better to have lost at love than to have never loved at all.

[1] http://www.romancetracker.com...
OldIHag

Con

OldIHag forfeited this round.
ConservativePolitico

Pro

Extend arguments.
OldIHag

Con

OldIHag forfeited this round.
Posted by ConservativePolitico 5 years ago
ConservativePolitico
I know right >.>
Posted by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
It's impossible to find a finished debate around here.
Posted by MikeyMike 5 years ago
MikeyMike
7-16-12

Never forget.
Posted by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
Are you saying we disagree about something, Mike? I'm marking my calendar.
Posted by MikeyMike 5 years ago
MikeyMike
I've actually debated this before. I side with Con.
Posted by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
I agree with Pro but it's easier to argue Con.
Vote Placed by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
OldIHagConservativePoliticoTied
Reasons for voting decision: I loved Con and he broke my heart by not finishing this debate. Strangely, though, I'm glad I had that experience, because I'll always remember the good times we had. My favorite is when he told me that the resolution was "bullcrap" and we laughed and laughed...oh, Con...I miss you so much...