raindrpdew
pullanovich

It is harder to become happy rather to become sad.

raindrpdew

Pro

Directions: Strictly state why you think that it is harder to become sad than happy (since you are on the opposing side) Use no sources, only those to provide you with definitions. All of your arguments have to be from your own mind, along with some made up/real experiences such as [when my girlfriend/boyfriend kissed me, it was impossible to become sad, even when my mom told me I couldn't talk to her anymore..ect. I'm weird I know]

Some people would say happiness and sadness are a choice. I say that certain things would make you happy. Such as the simple things like going to your favorite amusement park or getting a new puppy. Yet and still, it is harder to become happy than sad. For instance if you were actually sad, (most people have been) then you know that barely anything can get you smiling again. All you feel like doing is being shut up in that room of yours and crying.
Happiness::
good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy.
Sadness::
affected by unhappiness or grief; sorrowful or mournful:causing sorrow: a sad disappointment; sad news.

You can get mostly happy over things like stated above. But to be happy, it takes time and certain things. If you were sad, nothing could probably make you happy, if it was that serious.
pullanovich

Con

We all have a choice in life, no matter what we have there is always one way or another to move. If you feel being sad is easier it is because you choose that direction. Attitude is the basis of how we feel, if it is piss poor, it will affect you. If it is positive your outlook will be better and less sad. If all else fails you can get a prescription that would make you happy by the power of medicine. I don't think there are pills out there intentionally to make you sad. Smile and make a difference in your life and be happy!
raindrpdew

Pro

But like I stated before, when you are sad, your going to be sad. It has happened that you have tried to help someone, and they've pushed you away. You come back, trying to *influence* them and put a *positive outlook* on their life. Chances are, they won't want to listen to you. When something has got you down, sometimes even your favorite person can't help you out. Next time you sit down and have a good cry, (maybe) even thinking of the happy things won't help. Sometimes it just has to come out.

Medicine has side effects and doesn't guarantee you a win. Just because you have say..an anti-depression pill doesn't mean it works for you, and makes you happy. We are talking about sadness and happiness;I've only heard of anti-depression, not anti-sadness pills.

"I don't think there are pills out there intentionally to make you sad."
I never stated that their was. Their are other ways that you would become sad. (Round 1.)

From my experience in high school (August 12, 2009 up until now) when you come to school happy, you won't necessarily stay happy. Now maybe this is because I am a Freshman, but it is so easy to get let down in high school. The smallest of things such as someone making fun of you, falling and tripping, an oral assignment..are just a few. With kids laughing at you, putting on a happy face is much harder than you think. Especially when you just spilled some strawberry milk in the middle of your pants.
pullanovich

Con

pullanovich forfeited this round.
raindrpdew

Pro

raindrpdew forfeited this round.
pullanovich

Con

pullanovich forfeited this round.
raindrpdew

Pro

extended my arguments.
pullanovich

Con

pullanovich forfeited this round.
Posted by raindrpdew 7 years ago
raindrpdew
yeah i think so to. if he desides to forfeit this...then i win..because my argument was the last one said. Extended arguments. (Pro)
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
yeah, pro wins
Posted by raindrpdew 7 years ago
raindrpdew
obsolete debate. we both forfit, its not work debating. vote Pro as you see i am obviously winning.
Posted by raindrpdew 7 years ago
raindrpdew
well i did it. and i will win! :]
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
I don't know if anyone will be able to debate against this.