It is impossible for the standard idea of God to exist.

I shall be arguing "pro" meaning that I am asserting, myself, what is being asserted in the title of this debate.

I will provide some definitions that I will be using, and will set the "ground rules" but I will wait until an opposition to initiate their argument before I introduce my own.

A "field" in which corporeal objects and actions are allowed to exist and take place. For, objects need length in three dimensions to exist (space). And Objects need a time span in which to change position (which is an action)

Infinite Something which extends forever, proportionally, in all of it's dimensions
Something which already is located everywhere and cannot be less anything else. It is infinite, in this way, within all of its aspects

1. Obviously, sources do not matter here. As this debate is pure speculation, and not historical or "factual". And quoting another person does not change your argument.
2. Obey "1"

I accept this debate.
I assume that the first round is for the definitions, therefore, I will like to define the following resolution:

impossible: Not able to occur, exist, or be done
idea: A thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action
God: The creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority

Now I wait for my honourable opponent to post his second round, and let this not be too much of a factual, historical, and offensive (to religion) round, as mentioned previously, and let this be an interesting round for the both of us.

Thank you for accepting. Also, thank you for further defining the words than I have missed, due to their simplicity.

Also, thanks for agreeing to keep this quite informal, as most of the debates posted on this site are too formal and thus become tedious.

I will now commence my arguments.

Apart from Spinoza's God, the concept of God, especially that of monotheism, is of a being that exists outside of Space and Time. Because of this characteristic, some restrictions must be attributed to him, logically. I aim to point these out.

The Restrictions of Time.

Since God is outside of time, it would follow that he does not experience it. It may not be simple put that "he is not limited by time", since action (defined in my opening statement) requires a time span in which something changes position, and so he would have to enter Space-Time in order to experience it; thus limiting him to a decision of entering it.
Since action and time are inseparable -or, rather, action cannot be committed without time- God is prevented from committing action. This is very important to this debate. And this has significant implications. For, without the ability to act, God cannot Create, or intervene, or control. Since these are part of his definitions given be pro, can God exist?
Now, I know this may be a little bit boring, but I would like you to read on to The Restrictions of Space so that you are fully able to address my argument.

The Restrictions of Space

Space (the dimensions of it) are what allow corporeal objects to have extension, and thus exist.
Since God is outside of Space-Time, he is prohibited from taking shape. This apposes the literal view that "we are made in his image".
But, what is more important, is that this means he actually is not infinite in any sense of the word -whether it is Actual or Countable (see opening statement).
Something that is countably infinite extends forever, proportionally, in all dimensions of space. Thus, nothing, entity or object, can exist outside the universe and be Countably Infinite.
It is often suggested that "Ah! But our God is Actually Infinite! As his perfection extends to all of his aspects". Well, since locations must be mathematically defined in terms of dimensions, since this requires indication, something which is located everywhere in advance must exist within the dimensions of space. Since god exists outside of space, it is also impossible for him to be infinite.
Therefor, it is impossible for God to exist.

Once again, thanks for accepting. I await with anticipation my opponent's reply.

woojin05 forfeited this round.

NadjiGuemar1997 forfeited this round.

woojin05 forfeited this round.
Posted by NadjiGuemar1997 3 years ago
I said the first round was for you to introduce your argument. But I suppose that was useful. Thank you for further defining the words I seem to have missed. I accept your definition of God as exclusively the theist one.