Chuwilliams
Volcanoes13

It is in Human Nature to Pursue Worldly Pleasures over Pursuing Morality

Chuwilliams

Pro

I believe that it is in human nature to pursue worldly pleasures over pursuing morality. For con to accept, he or she must believe that it is in human nature to pursue morality over worldly pleasures. First round is acceptance and a brief overview of your opinion. The other rounds are all "no holds barred".

Opinion: It is in human nature to pursue worldly pleasures over pursuing morality.

Definitions:

Human Nature - The ways of thinking, feeling, and acting that are common to most people.

Pursue - To be engaged in.

Examples of Worldly Pleasures - Money, Power, Fame, Material Items, etc.

Morality - Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.

Brief Overview: In this debate, I will be arguing that most people follow worldly pleasures, even if it means violating the general morality of the United States of America (Note: While anybody who opposes my viewpoint can accept, this is a debate better suited for people living in the States). In my debate, I will give examples of how most people pursue worldly pleasures over morality.

I'm looking forward to an intriguing debate and I wish my future opponent luck.
Volcanoes13

Con

The problem with that is that lots of immoral things will be endorsed, like orgies and hardcore drugs. Morality and health should be more important in society than "feeling good." Because our human nature is to go all the way and to not stop. This nature of ours can and will cause many issues to society and there will be much trouble among us. There must be some reinforcement on morals, like drug awareness and bullying awareness. If society focuses on desires more than morals, the entire society will fall apart, for people would be all drunk, high, and violent. It is more important to enforce morals in society, because of our greedy and evil human nature.
Chuwilliams

Pro

Chuwilliams forfeited this round.
Volcanoes13

Con

Volcanoes13 forfeited this round.
Chuwilliams

Pro

Chuwilliams forfeited this round.
Volcanoes13

Con

Volcanoes13 forfeited this round.
Chuwilliams

Pro

Chuwilliams forfeited this round.
Volcanoes13

Con

Volcanoes13 forfeited this round.
Chuwilliams

Pro

Chuwilliams forfeited this round.
Volcanoes13

Con

Volcanoes13 forfeited this round.
Posted by Juan_Pablo 3 years ago
Juan_Pablo
Interesting question. I believe the answer is "yes". Humans require moral instruction and moral reinforcement at all times of their lives.