It is likely that aliens have visited earth

I will be arguing that it is very probable that aliens have visited our planet.

First round acceptance.

Actually all humans can recall is that they have seen thing and reported from their dreams and any satellite "proof" is just an Unidentified Flying Object and cannot be proven

Alright, thanks Con. I will begin with an argument from reason.

It is true that our universe is about 13.8 billion years old.
It is also apparent that our universe has the capacity to support life. Since the Big Bang, the light from our universe has been expanding. So the light from the Big bang has traveled nearly 13.8 billion light years. This makes our universe amazingly big. Astronomers estimate that there are between 100 billion and 200 billion galaxies in the universe, and that there are at least 100 billion stars in our Milky Way galaxy alone.
The amount of stars in the universe must be truly incredible. Since we know that there is a massive amount of stars in our universe, and that our universe definitely has the capacity to support life as we know it, the probability of extraterrestrial life existing else where in the universe is high. According to the Drake Equation, there could be anywhere "between 1000 and 100,000,000 civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy."
There is so much potential for life outside of earth, and the universe is so old. Many extraterrestrial civilizations could have become advanced on their planets long before humans arose on Earth (even one million years before human civilization is small on the cosmic time scale). There is ample time in the past for extraterrestrials to develop interstellar travel technology. Technology advanced enough to travel to earth.

I will not claim that all UFOs are of extraterrestrial origin. That would be ridiculous. Nearly 90 percent of all UFOs that have been seen have been explained.
But the 10% still remain. There have been at least hundreds, in not thousands of unexplained UFO sightings. Some of the most famous are:
The UFO incident over Washingotn D.C. in 1952
The Battle of Los Angeles
The Phoenix Lights
The Roswell Incident
And many others as well

There have also been many witness accounts of UFO abductions. And while some, if not many, may have been fabricated, it is lazy and unscientific to dismiss everyone of these accounts as hallucinations or fabrications. Indeed there are countless other accounts of abductions and UFO/alien sightings besides the ones told in this article.

Many astronauts have also agreed with my view. Two of them are Edgar Mitchel of Apollo 14, and Gordon Cooper of the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo missions.

Many people of credibility, like Gordon Cooper, have also claimed that the government is indeed covering up the UFO phenomena.

With all of this information, I believe it makes a lot of sense. Aliens have come to earth, but the realization of their existence has been covered up by the government. I don't claim to know why the government is doing this, but I suspect it is because the public is not ready yet.

Thank you pro, You have good research about aliens, and the drake equation is real but I question your research because all you proof is from That is not a good informational website because anyone can edit the content of it so your research is technically false.

I have not used Wikipedia for all of my sources, but take a look at the Wikipedia pages I did use. They are heavily cited, as are most Wikipedia pages. Scrutinize their sources in order to see whether or not the Wiki articles have any credibility. I have noticed that the Wiki pages that I have used are in agreement with most other websites that speak of the same events, and I chose to use those Wiki pages because they provide a nice summary to the reader who is not familiar with UFO sightings. (You could also choose to find alternative websites of the sightings which I have spoken of)

As you have not delivered any other rebuttals to my arguments, I have nothing else to say.

Thankyou Pro.
If you have noticed you have no proof that the government is keeping the "Alien Secret" from the public. Now how exactly did you come across that assumption.

I cannot give you definitive proof that the government is keeping aliens a secret from the public, but I do have reasons for believing this.

Notice how the very idea of aliens on earth is very taboo. This is caused by the media declaring anyone who believes in aliens in this way as a crazy conspiracy theorist. Look at the way people act for evidence of this. It is very logical to think that if the government wanted to keep something secret, they would make the very idea of that secret taboo.

Other than this, I make an appeal to credibility by providing quotes from credible people who hold the same view. Here are some quotes from the articles I provided in the first round post.

"He [Gordon Cooper] held claim until his death that the U.S. government is indeed covering up information about UFOs. He gave the example of President Harry Truman who said on April 4, 1950, "I can assure you that flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on Earth." He also pointed out that there were hundreds of reports made by his fellow pilots, many coming from military jet pilots sent to respond to radar or visual sightings from the ground.[12] In his memoirs, Cooper wrote he had seen other unexplained aircraft several times during his career, and also said hundreds of similar reports had been made. He further claimed these sightings had been "swept under the rug" by the U.S. government.[7] Throughout his later life Cooper expressed repeatedly in interviews he had seen UFOs and described his recollections for the documentary Out of the Blue.[7]"

References made in this article are here
7), Gordon Cooper Touts New Book Leap of Faith, 30 July 2000, retrieved 20 January 2008
12) - Gordon Cooper Touts New Book Leap of Faith at the Wayback Machine (archived July 27, 2010)

Read this article
"Charles Halt, Former Air Force Colonel, Accuses U.S. Of UFO Cover-Up"

Here is a link which shows many quotes of former government employees, such as
"Russian Air Force, Space Communications Center, General Vasily Alexeyev,"
"Apollo 14 Astronaut, Edgar Mitchell, Ph.D. (Aeronautics, MIT, sixth man to walk on moon),"
"US Air Force, Intelligence Operative, Master Sergeant Dan Morris,"
and "US Army, Colonel Thomas E. Bearden," among others.

The list of people who believe in a UFO cover up included men who have walked on the moon, US army colonels, and Air Force Intelligence operators, and many others. You must be intelligent to hold these types of jobs in the government. These are credible people. That's my evidence.

rtfg2 forfeited this round.
Posted by a_drumming_dog 2 years ago
Umm wtf, the books do in fact contradict each other, on a lot of things. Why don't you go read them instead of arguing with people on this website? If we cannot assume that the written books are false, then how can we assume that they are true?? We can't assume either, that's why we question things. And no, religious books aren't universally accepted. Just look around.
Posted by arushi_baboota 2 years ago
The books don't contradict each other, and the people who wrote these religious books can't be blamed or assumed that they have not written the truth, don't you think that these books are universally accepted?
Posted by a_drumming_dog 2 years ago
So the existence of religious books proves the existence of a god? What? No, not at all. Most of these religious books contradict each other. Also, the people who wrote these books could have just been making stuff up. Like I said, we cannot have CONCLUSIVE proof of God's existence, this is because God is not testable. For something to be scientifically proven, it must be testable
Posted by arushi_baboota 2 years ago
Proof does not only mean you yourself have witnessed it. For your say on God, there exists proof, you can not brush aside the existence of religious books (Gita, Kuran, Bible,...) and on the topic of Big Bang, experiments are going on to come to a conclusion.
Posted by a_drumming_dog 2 years ago

People believe or disbelieve in God even though there is no conclusive proof of his existence or non existence. We don't need direct proof to infer that something is real. The Big Bang, for instance, is known to be real even though we can never go back to see it happen.
Posted by arushi_baboota 2 years ago
It can only be likely that aliens have visited earth when you actually have seen it through your eyes. But still nobody would believe you without a proof!
Posted by a_drumming_dog 2 years ago

Actually, there have been many sighting out of the States as well. One example is the famous Foo Fighters of World War 2.
Posted by SnowyOxygen 2 years ago
Funny how most (if not all) ufo sightings are over the united states.
Posted by Emilirose 2 years ago
You would have to find (very) credible proof to support your assertion.
Posted by AlternativeDavid 2 years ago
I recommend re-wording this title. You could say that it's 0.0000000000001% likely.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture