DudeStop
josh_narrow

It is logical to say that God exists

DudeStop

DudeStop

Con

No one has the Burden do proof as no one is able to prove it. This debate will be decided through logic and facts. Let's not go through the: You can't prove god exists, and you can't disprove God exists thing. :) We know who would win anyways...

If you think you have proof to support your god then please show it though.

Arguments are allowed to continue in the comments if desired. You are allowed to use the bible, but you must remain with the bible for the rest of the debate. Or any other sacred text and beliefs your Religion might have. I was using the bible
as an example. Also by using this you now take the burden of proof to show how your Religion is the most logical option for how the universe has gotten here.

One round forfeit forfeits the debate

Not citing sources is a forfeit

You may use Youtube videos And/ or articles, but please do not just give me a link to Bible.com or whatever and expect me to read the entire website and then refute it all.

If you don't like the rules, don't take the debate. The winner is declared on who is most logical in reasoning, so may the logical debater win!

PS: Pro will now go first.
josh_narrow

Pro

Let me begin by stating my religious beliefs. I do not follow any specific religion but am I devout believer in God. God is an abstract force and cannot be proved by any means of text. The Bible, Koran, etc. are all man written texts with stories that are either myths or exaggerated events that could be scientifically explained. This, however, does not disprove God's existence. God does exist and it is completely logical to say this.
You state that I must "have proof to support your god..." This is my exact point. God cannot be defined as a single thing, so it is completely logical to say God is anything. God is something that is seen by an individual, not something that can be clearly defined. For the sake of the debate, let's assume that there is no clear definition of God. This, therefore, opens the definition and proof of "God" to all religions, including Atheism. Atheism itself is just the disbelief in the divine, or rather the belief in the physical. Atheists believe in science, nature, etc. all of these which could be considered "God." Remember, God has no clear definition so a belief in anything could be considered a belief in God. Let me give another example. In Catholicism, there is the belief in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; all three of the entities combined are the holy trinity which is a belief system. Again, God is not clearly defined here and any of these entities could be considered "God."
Now, based on what I've said, believing in anything is believing in God. So a belief in something is a belief in God, no matter how absurd or how abstract. According to the Oxford dictionary, a belief is "an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists" God is simply a way of categorizing a belief in something of profound meaning.
People have taken "God" to mean something that is divine or supernatural. This is simply not the case. God is anything that has meaning, this could be as logical or as illogical as you want it to be. A scientist believes in an atom. Now, granted this has been proved, but still, it has a meaning and is of great importance to many individuals. This is what God is about. A belief in God can be considered logical when looking at it from this sense.
To conclude what I'm saying, let me simplify my points. A person believing or not believing in God does not make a belief in God logical or illogical. A belief in God is simply a belief in something that is of meaning to a person, whether divine, supernatural, scientific, etc. Finally, once we put God into the perspective of a belief, any belief that is based upon an idea can be considered logical. Therefore, it's logical to say that God exists.
DudeStop

Con

I wanted to argue the divine creator, not the definition of God. Plus I'm not exactly sure if you're right... It is not logical to say that God is anything, because then I would be a god. By god I mean a divine creator, yet again. My fault for not giving the definition first round,,,
josh_narrow

Pro

josh_narrow forfeited this round.
DudeStop

Con

Would anyone want to debate this with me? ...
josh_narrow

Pro

josh_narrow forfeited this round.
josh_narrow

Pro

josh_narrow forfeited this round.
josh_narrow

Pro

josh_narrow forfeited this round.
Posted by Silentsvc 3 years ago
Silentsvc
dudestop
I would like to attempt this debate with you. As long as we can both agree we arent trying to convince the other we are right, Im more interested in presenting evidence and hearing yours.

I think the debates are more civil that way!
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
Actually no I won't.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
I'll post it anyways.
Posted by jesusfreak22 3 years ago
jesusfreak22
Guess not.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
I could still give my arguments, but it seems that this person has not been on since he has signed up and accepted my debate.
Posted by jesusfreak22 3 years ago
jesusfreak22
Josh, while I saw where you were going with this, I think you should have explained a little more. Just because something is an object, doesn't mean it's a God... yes, people do idolize objects. However, the way you explained it made it seem a bit extreme.
Dudestop, anxiously awaiting your arguements!
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
... Definition of God:The creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

That is my definition. It is also inside of dictionaries. We need a clear definition in order to debate this topic.

As we said people may have different definitions of God, but the one we are debating on is the divine creator. Not everything one could believe in..

If you still do not want to debate this topic that is understandable. Basically I'm arguing a creator cannot exists, (intelligent design etc) and you are arguing that we must have had a creator. You may not just say that God is everything so therefor he is real. Why can't God be literally nothing?

Anyways my definition is a creator. Not an atom. Otherwise we would be able to call ourselves God be cause I believe in myself.
Posted by PETRO 3 years ago
PETRO
I recommend for the Instigator and THE Contender to read "The Answer TO New Atheism"
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
In fact if you think you have evidence then please present it.
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
DudeStopjosh_narrowTied
Reasons for voting decision: This site sucks for Voters. Con get's arguments and conduct due to Pro's forfeit.......I do not agree with the resolution, but hey ho..