DebateLD
Ricky_Zahnd

: It is morally permissible for victims to use deadly force as a deliberated response to repeated do

Ricky_Zahnd
Started: 2/7/2012 Category: Economics

DebateLD

Con

My first contention is that domestic violence has a lot of NEGATIVE EFFECTS.
Negative Effects of Domestic Violence
By Cathy Meyer, About.com Guide

Bruises, Lesions and cuts, Pelvic pain, Headaches, Back pain, Broken bones, Gynecological injuries, Pregnancy complications, Sexually transmitted diseases, Gastrointestinal disorders, and Heart or circulatory conditions.
Psychological Effects: Where there is physical violence there is also emotional abuse. Whether the abuse is physical, verbal or emotional it can have severe psychological consequences for to victim. Depression, Loss of hope in the future, Suicidal behavior, Anxiety, Low self-esteem, Inability to trust, Fear of intimacy, Sleep disturbances, Inability to concentrate, Flashbacks
Social Effects: The negative social effects can be the very thing that restricts the victims ability to escape domestic violence. Controlled access to services meant to help the victim, Strained relationships with authority figures such as health care providers and employers, Isolation from family, friends and other supportive individuals.

We must make sure that this harm does not happen and that this may create some high situations. Nothing like this should even happen in this society and it will not happen as long as we get rid of this problem of people using domestic violence as a response to solving their problem of repeatedly being violated.
Ricky_Zahnd

Pro

I'd like to thank debateLD for hosting a debate on this excellent topic.

As Pro, I will be arguing the position that victims of domestic violence are morally justified should they retaliate against their partner with deadly force.

I look forward to your opening argument.

DebateLD

Con

DebateLD forfeited this round.
Ricky_Zahnd

Pro

Ricky_Zahnd forfeited this round.
DebateLD

Con

DebateLD forfeited this round.
Ricky_Zahnd

Pro

Okay – DebateLD, I'm not sure whether you made the mistake of identifying as the side contrary to what you actually wished to argue, or whether the time limit just screwed you on this one. Either way, though, I'm sorry this got bolloxed up. Briefly, my argument is that the conditions of stress, physical violence and alienation which occur under repeated domestic abuse align easily with the other conditions under which deadly force is legally and morally justified. A victim may rightly interpret their partner/attacker as representing a deadly threat which they cannot escape in an alternative way. Under cases where one must kill or die, one is permitted to kill. Therefore victims of repeated domestic abuse are justified in using deadly force.

Posted by Ricky_Zahnd 5 years ago
Ricky_Zahnd
I'll forfeit round two as well - hope you're out there somewhere. If you miss round three as well I'm going to make a brief argument to close; don't want to let this one out the window completely.
Posted by Mimshot 5 years ago
Mimshot
Your title got cut off. It appears to me that you intended it to say, "It is morally permissible for victims to use deadly force as a deliberated response to repeated domestic violence." Is that correct?
Vote Placed by Yarely 5 years ago
Yarely
DebateLDRicky_ZahndTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious. DebateLD forfeited in the second round
Vote Placed by phantom 5 years ago
phantom
DebateLDRicky_ZahndTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments didn't even make sense too me. ff