apb4y
Juris

It is morally wrong to rape and murder prostitutes.

Started: 10/24/2014 Category: Funny

apb4y

Pro

Rules:

1. Shared BOP.

2. Sources don't have to be credible, provided they are relevant.

3. No wanking.

Opening argument:

It is my contention that prostitutes should not be raped and murdered because they are people too, and it is immoral to rape and kill people.

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk...

Also, it is ungrateful to kill prostitutes, because they're providing an incredible service to all the lonely, undesirable men of the world.

https://www.youtube.com...

And finally, because it's better to kill politicians instead.

Juris

Con

Challenge accepted.

I know that my side is difficult to prove because it is hard to justify rape and murder. However, I decided to accept the challenge for the sake of the debate.

Firstly, I am aware that killing and/or raping someone is wrong. But this is not always the case as I will show later.

Rebuttals against my opponent’s opening arguments:

1. It is my contention that prostitutes should not be raped and murdered because they are people too, and it is immoral to rape and kill people.

-- This is a weak reasoning. Not because you are a human being, you can no longer get killed or raped. There are many instances in which a person is justified to kill a someone (prostitute) in self-defence. Likewise, rape can also be justified for example only you and a woman is left on earth, and you want to save the human race, so you must rape her. LOL. Just kidding!

Seriously, rape on a prostitute is okay because anyway, she is used to it. She will be more happy if you rape her. :D

2. Also, it is ungrateful to kill prostitutes, because they're providing an incredible service to all the lonely, undesirable men of the world.

---That is true that they are providing service to lonely men.

To add your statement, they are also providing sexual diseases and danger.

Sometimes, they destroy a family when a married man engages to a prostitute.

See? That is the world with prostitute- a world full of sexual diseases.

3. And finally, because it's better to kill politicians instead.

---No reason given. Well I think it is obvious. But please let us also kill prostitutes because politicians have a lot of prostitutes. They have infected the politicans as well and vice versa.

apb4y

Pro

My opponent has put forth a good argument, but it has a few flaws:

"There are many instances in which a person is justified to kill a someone (prostitute) in self-defence."

This is true, but also irrelevant. "Murder" involves the intentional killing of another human being for reasons other than self-defence. The premise is that it is immoral to MURDER prostitutes, and so Con must prove that murdering a prostitute is morally permissible (or at least morally ambiguous), and/or that prostitutes aren't human, and/or that killing them is never intentional.

"Seriously, rape on a prostitute is okay because anyway, she is used to it. She will be more happy if you rape her."

Prostitutes are not asking to be raped. They are asking for money. Politicians, on the other hand, ask for both.

"They are also providing sexual diseases and danger."

In countries where prostitution is both legal and regulated, the prostitutes are generally safe and clean, and get regular STD check-ups (as required by law). If anything, visiting a prostitute is safer than picking up a girl in a bar.

"Sometimes, they destroy a family when a married man engages to a prostitute."

Men in happy marriages don't visit prostitutes. Why would they, when they're getting plenty at home? Any man who's fvcking hookers is already dissatisfied with his marriage.

"Please let us also kill prostitutes because politicians have a lot of prostitutes. They have infected the politicans as well and vice versa."

It's the "vice-versa" that is the problem.
Juris

Con

Juris forfeited this round.
apb4y

Pro

Con forfeited Round 2.
Juris

Con

I was not able to post my argument for round 2 because my internet connection was lost. Though I was not able to post, it cannot be taken against me. Debate should be decided on arguments not on technicalities. So please judge this debate based on arguments.

I did not post an irrelevant argument. What I did was to rebut my opponent’s contention that being human, you cannot be killed or raped anymore for whatever reason. He believes that his contention is absolute, which of course, not. This the fallacy of general rule. He destroyed exceptions to the rule.

Further, he is trying to confuse us with the ambiguity of the words. It is clear that when I said killing, I was referring to murder. He committed the ambiguity fallacy.

There is similarity between rape and what a prostitute does. I am talking about the end result, not the prior (which is asking for money)

How about those countries that do not regulate prostitution? Prostitutes there are not that safe as you might think.

It does not mean that a married man goes to a prostitute that he is no longer happy with his marriage, it may be a fact that by nature a man is like that.

apb4y

Pro

Con's forfeiture was due to circumstances beyond their control, and they should NOT lose conduct points for it.

1. "Killing" vs. "Murder".

This is ultimately a semantics issue. I agree with Con that it is okay to kill another person, even a prostitute, if it is necessary to defend yourself or somebody else from physical harm. However, I maintain that it is wrong to kill them in all other circumstances, and always wrong to rape them.

2. Exactly how is prostitution like rape?

3. Con seems to be confusing morality with reality. It is wrong to rape people, but people still get raped. There isn't really a connection.

4. Regardless of why men visit prostitutes, that doesn't give them the right to rape and kill them.

Juris

Con

Juris forfeited this round.
apb4y

Pro

apb4y forfeited this round.
Juris

Con

Juris forfeited this round.
Posted by POPOO5560 2 years ago
POPOO5560
lol
Posted by moneystacker 2 years ago
moneystacker
LOL I am dieing those are some funny points under rules but some of them are true
Posted by apb4y 2 years ago
apb4y
Adam,

I alternate between serious, sarcastic and satirical, depending on the situation.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
Oh! Well you're always so serious on the forums.
Posted by fazz 2 years ago
fazz
Prostitution [is] Rape!
Posted by apb4y 2 years ago
apb4y
Adam,

Have you actually LOOKED at my profile?
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
I didnt take you for a troll, apb4y.
Posted by apb4y 2 years ago
apb4y
@ Mr.Chorlton

I think the term you're looking for is "joyriding".
Posted by Mr.Chorlton 2 years ago
Mr.Chorlton
Of course it is wrong....to rape a prostitute is not only a sex crime but it is also theft.