loucocole
noah364

It is more likely that God is a creation of man than man is a creation of God

loucocole

Pro

I would like to point out that I am agnostic. Which simply means that I am not sure whether to believe in God or to not believe. I have yet to find any reasonable proof at all to the existence of God. But, being objective I believe it would be moronic to automatically rule out the existence of God as it is far from disproven, and there is an infinite amount of mysteries of the Universe that will probably never be solved. So, as my title states clearly, my argument is NOT that God is not real, but rather that it is more likely God is not real than it is likely that he is real. Sorry for my complicated wording. This argument is assuming that evolution is real, and man has evolved from a different species that it is now.

Evolution disproves that God created man. Can you prove me wrong?
noah364

Con

The problem is that it's difficult to define what is God and what isn't. The God seen in the Bible/Torah/Quran/etc. is unarguably a creation of man. A giant floating man in the sky? What could possibly be more man-made? But if God does exist, and I'm arguing that its likely that he does, it seems overwhelmingly likely that he is less a single conscious entity than a driving force behind life and existence. This is shown by looking at the simplest of facts, the facts so simple that they are unexplainable by any toe of science. Why does gravity pull things together? Why does light ounce the way it does. I define God as the explanation for that which cannot be explained by traditional methods. This simple supernatural, possibly conscious force. The best example of this is life. Every living thing, from the most intelligent human to the most primitive microbe to the weeds growing in your back yard has an incessant, unexplainable need to simply exist, continue existing, and pass on existence to others of its type. This may work on the "if a tree falls and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" idea. All of what we call creation would be nothing without some basic, conscious entity to occupy it. The existence of life may be the only so called "act" of God. Think about it. If I hold a gun to your head, why do you run? Why do you not embrace death? It sure would be easier. You have no purpose. Period. Even if you change the world forever our planet will die in a few billion years and you will be completely and totally obliterated, every little trace eternally forgotten. I'm not some suicide-crazed maniac; I strive to live as much as you do. The entire driving force of evolution is this need to survive, to continue serving God through continued existence. This force of survival (there is no "I want to live" gene) proves that the existence of God is incredibly likely.
loucocole

Pro

loucocole forfeited this round.
noah364

Con

noah364 forfeited this round.
loucocole

Pro

loucocole forfeited this round.
noah364

Con

noah364 forfeited this round.