xxxballisticxxx
SlaterJ23

It is not okay to be an adult over the age of 25, and still live at home for no legitimate reason!

SlaterJ23

xxxballisticxxx

Pro

There is absolutely no reason for any grown adult in general, male or female, to live at home under their parents roof, with their parents financially supporting them. There is no reason that they cannot simply go out each day and apply for any and all job opportunities and move out. I can understand if you are a young adult, still figuring your life out and needing a few extra years at home... But at what point in time do you realize that it is not okay to rely on your parents for the rest of your life, to support and take care of you? I think there is no excuse for this topic, UNLESS the child of the parents has something wrong with them to make them UNABLE to move out. (not able to live alone for various reasons...) (wheelchair, disease of some sort, illness, brain problems) And so on... But if it is simply, "I can't find a job. No one is hiring.." THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT! You're right! Our economy is horrible! But that is even MORE of a reason NOT to rely on your parents who are only getting older! You are not their problem. I don't agree unless you have a substantial reasoning.
SlaterJ23

Con

Well since you set no parameters I'll assume I am free to go against your statement any which way I please. How kind of you to allow me this honor I must tell my parents whom I live with right away!

1) "There is absolutely no reason for any grown adult in general, male or female, to live at home under their parents roof, with their parents financially supporting them."

What if the parents like their company? I mean my parents love having me around and they pay for me to live here. Who is to say there is no reason?! There are reasons everywhere!! Also you make no mention of animals!! Is an adult animal allowed to stay at home or will that poor mongrel be kicked out for freeloading!? Also why is 25 the age limit? Is there a law that says all persons 25 and above must move out of the house? I'd like to believe there is no law!

2) "There is no reason that they cannot simply go out each day and apply for any and all job opportunities and move out."

Tis seems there is no reason for anything here eh? I say there is a reason they cannot. What if.... the parents are absolutely loaded!! I'm pretty sure if my parents had millions and millions of dollars the last thing I would be doing is applying at the local market basket.

3) "But at what point in time do you realize that it is not okay to rely on your parents for the rest of your life" Exactly! What point in your life do you realize it?

It is different for everyone and not every person has an alarm in their brain that goes ding! Lets go out of bed out of the house to work we go now now now! Uh no.

4) "But if it is simply, "I can't find a job. No one is hiring.." THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT!

But I really can't find a job.... And I certainly cant go buy an apartment right away. Please Daddy don't cut me off yet! I need time I'll find a job I praaaaamise!!!!

5) "You're right!"

Oh I know I'm right thank you for saying so!

6) "Our economy is horrible! But that is even MORE of a reason NOT to rely on your parents who are only getting older! You are not their problem."

Tell that to my illegitimate child. That thing certainly is my problem if I have ever seen a problem good net. Also the economy is bad yeah so getting a job is tough and making enough money to live in an apartment especially at that age and let's not forget paying back the student loans you will be so far in debt than you would be just chillin' relaxin' with the rents.
xxxballisticxxx

Pro

Well, let me start picking apart your "ever so beautiful written" argument. First off, you prove my point for me. I'm saying someone who forces themselves upon their parents. Okay, their parents enjoy the company? That's nice. Maybe they enjoy peace and alone time too? Ever think that people do like to spend time to themselves? A pet is much more different than a human. A pet is a choice. Not a grown child living at home, freeloading off his/her family. if your parents were rich, you wouldn't work? That is pure laziness and lack of respect. Why wouldn't you get off your gluteus maximus and make your own living and be productive even IF your parents were filthy stinkin' rich? Why would you let your poor old mother and poor old daddy do all the work for you? It's called respect. Apparently some adults just completely lack it for their own parents. Of course if you should ask your mother or father if having you at home bothers them, they would probably say no. Why? BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS... After all, they are your parents. Obviously they never got done raising a child because one just wouldn't get up and go out into the real world.
SlaterJ23

Con

1) "Okay, their parents enjoy the company? That's nice."

I know! Who doesn't love spending time with their children? Hitler probably wouldn't but thats aside the point here eh?

2) "Maybe they enjoy peace and alone time too? Ever think that people do like to spend time to themselves?"

So they leave the house for a bit or go out with friends! We're not talking about a hermit here. My neighbor happens to be 28 and she is rarely home but still lives there. Plenty of peace and quiet if you ask me.

3) "A pet is a choice. Not a grown child living at home, freeloading off his/her family."

And a child isn't a choice? Well tell that to my illegitimate child from Botswana. A pet freeloads more than anything too! What pet pays taxes?! Other than scooby doo. That dude is on point.

4) " if your parents were rich, you wouldn't work? That is pure laziness and lack of respect. Why wouldn't you get off your gluteus maximus and make your own living and be productive even IF your parents were filthy stinkin' rich?"

Okay mitt romney let's settle down now. If my parents were that rich there is no need to make any money because there would be so much in inheritence i could not possibly spend it all by the time they died and by then ITS MINE ITS ALL MINE!! Mwaahaha. But no seriously im not working if my parents made Bill Gates bank.

5) "Why would you let your poor old mother and poor old daddy do all the work for you? It's called respect."

And i respect them for doing all the work for me! Thank you mama and dada!

6) "Apparently some adults just completely lack it for their own parents. Of course if you should ask your mother or father if having you at home bothers them, they would probably say no. Why? BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS."

:'( don't hurt ma feelers mama and dada. Look man not all parents kid their kids out nor do they all want them out. Believe it or not some like having their kids around

7) "After all, they are your parents. Obviously they never got done raising a child because one just wouldn't get up and go out into the real world."

All the more reason to keep them around! Thank you for conceding to my point.
xxxballisticxxx

Pro

xxxballisticxxx forfeited this round.
SlaterJ23

Con

Well that was anticlimactic. I extend all arguments then
Posted by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
Take it away, bench.
Vote Placed by newbiehere 3 years ago
newbiehere
xxxballisticxxxSlaterJ23Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made my brain hurt and forfeited without rebutting Con's points.