farfrom123789
dbaldwin1215

It is not right to tell lies when somebody is either being hurt or has died

Started: 3/23/2009 Category: News

farfrom123789

Pro

I believe that someone should not tell a lie to another person when someone is either being hurt or is dead because who knows the person who lied might actually be a savior to the person injured. someone may actually need your help when they call upon you for your help and when you see someone that might actually help them and you, you tell the person that can help that the other person is OK and nothing is going on. Say if you were in trouble and the only person that you can call upon for help goes away and leaves you but another person comes along and doesn't see you but hears you and the person that you saw earlier who doesn't help you tells the person who can't see you but hears you that you are just kidding around and that you are perfectly fine. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL? Would you think that that is right what the other person did? The real question is "What will happen if you are on your death bed and you can have help but nobody decides to help you and you see that nobody is paying attention to you,would you do that to another person?
dbaldwin1215

Con

I'm going to base my first round argument on the title of this debate. I think, in the correct situation, it is necessary to lie, or "bend the truth" (that's always a better way to put it in the case of an injured loved one, or one who has passed on.)

For my first argument, I would like to state one reason why it is necessary. If you are dealing with a sensitive child (not necessarily young), it would be completely necessary as not to cause stress in the young individual. If stress occurs, they may want to see the person who has been injured or has passed away, which can be a very traumatic experience. Now, I may not be young, but I am a sensitive individual. Back in July of 2008, I was made aware that my aunt would die of cancer within the next couple of months. I became very concerned, and wanted to spend every chance I got at her bedside. When I finally got in to see her, in her last weeks alive, it was a very traumatic experience for me. She could not talk, could not eat. Tubes everywhere. You can imagine how traumatic it was for me, let alone a little child. It can make the sensitive individual lose focus on important things, such as school, or work, and sometimes the authority in these places can be very strict. I don't mean to make this a sob story. I just felt it was a good example, because I fit the guidelines I am referring to.
farfrom123789

Pro

Well,first of all sorry to hear about that and I am only 11 years old and I have someone sick in my family today too. my cousin is sick with a severe heart disease. I have posted this argument because one of my friends was seriously injured when a group of kids came and attacked her but she is fine now. My friend was attacked by a huge group of kids and when she called for help from another kid the kid had just ignored her and then when another kid came along she stopped and was going to call for help but the first kid that my friend saw had told the little girl not to say anything and little that little girl know that my friend was being seriously injured by a group of evil spirited kids. I understand what you are saying but I don't even think that it is right to at least "bend the truth" because sooner or later that person is going to find out. In your situation with your aunt for example. What if you were very close to your aunt and one day you decide to go and ask your parents if you can go over by your aunt and they haven't told you yet and when you see their faces you can tell what's going on. Another example is the economy. The economy today is in a very bad situation and kids today will want the latest and newest inventions such as the new toys that are out but when they look at you to get it for them you say that you can't what will they turn back and tell you. SOME KIDS MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND BUT I KNOW THAT THEY WILL LOOK AT YOU AS IF YOU WERE THE ONE KEEPING THE SECRET.
dbaldwin1215

Con

I'd just like to say, no offense to you, young man, but 11? That's a little young to be debating. Your arguments have been full of run-on sentences, and if you'd like anyone to understand you, let alone me, you need to develop your grammar skills. I consider this debate done.
farfrom123789

Pro

farfrom123789 forfeited this round.
dbaldwin1215

Con

I didn't mean to offend you in anyway, if I did. I'm just saying. You may reply if you'd like..
farfrom123789

Pro

farfrom123789 forfeited this round.
dbaldwin1215

Con

dbaldwin1215 forfeited this round.
farfrom123789

Pro

farfrom123789 forfeited this round.
dbaldwin1215

Con

dbaldwin1215 forfeited this round.
Posted by feverish 7 years ago
feverish
Hello, no offence, but I can't really understand what you are talking about, could you maybe explain it another way?
Thanks.
Vote Placed by Conor 7 years ago
Conor
farfrom123789dbaldwin1215Tied
Vote Placed by Lexicaholic 7 years ago
Lexicaholic
farfrom123789dbaldwin1215Tied
Vote Placed by kevsext 7 years ago
kevsext
farfrom123789dbaldwin1215Tied