QuiverTheGamer
Ariesx

It is ok for a man to hit a woman.

QuiverTheGamer

Pro

When a girl hits a guy, everyone thinks that the guy did something bad. But when a guy hits a girl, everyone thinks that the guy is a "horrible, mysogynistic, sexist jerk." Say Alice hits Bob, then Bob hits Alice back. Everyone will think that Bob is evil. But what if Bob is defending himself? What if Bob is trying to save his own life? If Alice hit Bob repeatedly, but Bob followed society's rule of "A man should never hit a woman," then Alice could kill Bob! That is why I think that men should have the right to defend themselves from women. Con, your move.
Ariesx

Con

"Women are useless". That was the motto before the western world advanced. I would like to give the pro an example of a "Women are useless" in the England colonies. Women were supposed to stay at home. In order to be a good women you must be quiet, pious, and do all the chores. They were not supposed to socialize. They would be called a witch if they revolted against these rules. Women were thought to be inferior. This is an example of how women were treated before western society advanced. We have these rules, so we don't go back to them.
QuiverTheGamer

Pro

First off, pro, the title is misleading. I realized that AFTER I posted the debate. Mistake on my part. Sorry. The topic should be if it is ok to hit a woman IN SELF DEFENSE. Second off, this isn't about "women should be abused ." This is about if a man has a right to defend himself if he is attacked by a woman. Again, title mistake on my part. A man has the right to defend himself from a woman if the woman is assaulting the man. Lots of people believe that men have no right to defend themselves from women. In the Declaration of Sentiments, there is a line saying, “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men and women are created equal.” Basically, men and women are equal. Yet, society's rule saying that "Men cannot hit women no matter what" basically gives women the upper hand. Not so equal now, is it?
Ariesx

Con

The problem with my opponent's case is that he is relying on basic what if stories. Name a story where a woman was beating down the man. I challenge my opponent in round 3 to come up with a statistic to show the number of times that a woman has beaten a man down.
QuiverTheGamer

Pro

Challenge Accepted. 40% of domestic violence is suffered by men. Now, that might seem relatively miniscule. DareLondon did a social experiment to see how the public reacted to domestic abuse, both man-hitting-woman and woman-hitting-man. How the public reacted to a man hitting a woman? Intervention and warnings to call the police. How the public reacted to a woman hitting a man? SMILES, LAUGHTER, AND ENCOURAGEMENT. That's right, folks, my argument of women having the upper hand is proven! According to society, if a woman hits a man, then it is okay, without any regards to the man! (The social experiment video can be found here: )
Ariesx

Con

I opponent has not proved a single thing about self-defense for men. He has only proved that he has watched one video, and will base his entire knowledge on this video. This is something an average fox news viewer would do. In the video, it says that 40% of men suffer from domestic abuse. My opponent seemed to leave out some vital facts. According to the Guardian, Data from Home Office statistical bulletins and the British Crime Survey show that men made up about 40% of domestic violence victims each year between 2004-05 and 2008-09, the last year for which figures are available. 2007-08 but fell to 37.7% in 2008-09. This is a British crime survey. But Britain men are not the global issue. a26;Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten. a26;Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women"more than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined.

http://www.theguardian.com...
http://domesticviolencestatistics.org...
Posted by QuiverTheGamer 2 years ago
QuiverTheGamer
EVERYONE, LISTEN UP. The title of the debate is misleading. The title should be "A man should be able to hit a woman in self defense." Mistake on my part. Sorry.
Posted by intellectuallyprimitive 2 years ago
intellectuallyprimitive
@ Gordin: Your suggesting that a woman hitting a man represents an underlying method of communication that is acceptable? It is communication, but in the form of physical abuse, which can be considered assault, hence illegal. Are women exempt from the legalities enacted because of a mere difference in methods of communication? I think not.
Posted by Gustav_Adolf_II 2 years ago
Gustav_Adolf_II
@Ariesx Your argument doesn't seem to be about the debate topic, perhaps you could elaborate on your round #1 post here in the comments because it is a little confusing (to me at least).
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
I'm not sure Con knows what he is arguing..
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
I also now read you are only 13.

answer changing moderately.

How did a 13 year old girl murder you with slaps?
Why is she hitting you?
how hard do you hit back?

childs play has an entirely different set of rules.

if she goes overboard and there is no sex involved. Hitting a girl in this scenario is moral. If you restrain yourself, and don't say something stupid afterwards proving that you are not being moral.
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
Quiver you are wrong.

If you do not want to be blue-balled for a lifetime, and blackballed for all eternity,
retrack your statement and grow a conscience.

It is wrong to hit a woman because it demonstrates you have poor communication skills. But when a woman hits you, it only demonstrates you have poor communication skills.

It is not her fault that you do not understand; you should not be in the situation at all if you do not understand your woman and the obligation you have to be a upright, functioning human being who is of a benefit to society.

You are at fault if a woman is hitting you. Because it demonstrates you have not been up to par.

If you have had sex with a woman. SHE is up to par. and you cannot stipulate there after that she is not.

so man up.

Hitting is not murder**