Stupidape
nerdydork4044

It is possible to put 100% faith in Jesus?

Stupidape

Stupidape

Con

I was reading a religious brochure and it said you must put 100% faith or trust in Jesus. Is that even possible? I don't think it is, even when I highly believed in Jesus I still has some trust in my chair, couch, the Earth above me, friends, and family.

Burden of proof will be upon my opponent 51% to prove me wrong.

Casual structure, just start debating.
nerdydork4044

Pro

I am a Christian. i believe that it is HIGHLY possible to put 100% faith in Jesus. To me, putting faith in something is believing that it can help you get through. To me, it is a lot like hope, but worth more. If you love Jesus 100%, you will be able to put 100% faith in Him. In the end, it all falls upon whether or not we are able to feel (emotionally) and put all of our faith in Him 100%. It all falls upon us, and if we are up to it.
Stupidape

Con

"I am a Christian. i believe that it is HIGHLY possible to put 100% faith in Jesus. To me, putting faith in something is believing that it can help you get through. To me, it is a lot like hope, but worth more. If you love Jesus 100%, you will be able to put 100% faith in Him. In the end, it all falls upon whether or not we are able to feel (emotionally) and put all of our faith in Him 100%. It all falls upon us, and if we are up to it." nerdydork4044

This makes no sense to me. How can anyone put all their faith in any one person, idea, or object? The closest would be 100% faith in ourselveselves. Yet, then your faith would be divided. Let's say you want to climb a ladder, your faith would be divided at least three ways. Yourself, Jesus, and the ladder. In order to put 100% faith in Jesus you must put 0% faith in yourself and 0% faith in the ladder.

nerdydork4044

Pro

Let me explain. Faith is not something that you can claim to have. You have to be willing to actually believe that the miracle will happen (hope). If you are willing to first believe in yourself, then you will be able to put all your faith in Jesus.
Stupidape

Con

If you believe in yourself, then you are no longer believing 100% in Jesus. You must have 100% disbelief in yourself, everyone around you, every object, every animal, every other religion, and every other God, to have 100% belief in Jesus.

This includes having 0% belief in God the Father and 0% belief in the holy spirit.
nerdydork4044

Pro

I want to forfeit because you are right. You can not put 100% faith in ANYTHING without first put 100% faith in yourself. Thanks for a great debate.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 12 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
You should attend this debate:
Atheism- A lost reality! A hopeless, helpless cause!
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Would have been much better with R1 definitions.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
The way of eternal life through salvation in the gospels, is perhaps the most misunderstood of the present era. Largely because people in their own interpretations (a thing forbidden IN the Bible)
2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation.
Theologians, scholars and laypersons continue to violate this directive, is it a wonder that so many versions of the gospels exist. It is true that in the end times shall come deceiving spirits, who by cunning speech, lure man into a belief system that only relies solely on mans intellect and logic. This of course is in error, as God is so far removed from our way of thinking, as stated in scripture.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaks expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to deceitful spirits, and doctrines of demons;

Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways saith the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

The way of salvation is these:
Romans 10: 9-10 if you declare with your mouth "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Nothing more and nothing less. In this is the "Gift" of eternal life freely given to you, all requirements for salvation are done and completed in their entirety by Christ blood sacrifice ALONE. You can add nothing to or take away from this gift, it is DONE. ETERNAL life IS yours.
FollowerofChrist1955
CONORMCGREGOR123.
well, put.
Mans inability to perform at 100% at all times, is very usual among all saints. The reason it should not cause alarm among believers is precisely that it is cultivated by ones walk in the long term. That is made easier when one finaly comes to the realization that their works pertain only to rewards and has no impact upon ones salvation. No one can earn salvation, it's a free gift from God. God paid it in full.
Posted by CONORMCGREGOR123 1 year ago
CONORMCGREGOR123
I find this debate very important because the Bile says to put our trust into Jesus and have faith in Him. I would say it is very difficult to put 100% faith into Jesus but it's not impossible. It would take supernatural involvement or a long time to do this because we all know it is hard to trust God not because of Him but because of our doubt.
FollowerofChrist1955
The subject is irrelevant where real Christianity is concerned as salvation is 100% free to those who accept the gospels truth, Christ has paid your way completely.

Now for inheritance and rewards, relies on obedience as you will be judged for your works at Christ judgement seat (bema) as stated in 1 Corinthians 3: 10-15
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
In my opinion, 100% certainty does not exist, unless it's factually true (like I know for a fact that my username is PowerPikachu21, and my profile picture is a Pikachu).
Vote Placed by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Stupidapenerdydork4044Tied
Reasons for voting decision: R3 concession, thus arguments automatically to con, but conduct to pro (the only time I give it for merit of amazing conduct).