It is possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
Debate Rounds (4)
2. Familial love, friendships and poly amorous relationships will be excluded from this argument.
3. you can love someone for their physical appearances, and the other person for their personality.
4. people love each other at different times in their lives so what are the chances those different people came at the same time period in your life.
5. a person can be emotionally connected to one person and mentally connected to another.
6. some people are indecisive, they could be confused on what they want and what they need. So they try to choose in between and end up falling in love with them both.
7. Therefore, you can romantically love more than one person at once.
1 and 2 because these are definition of love and what we are excluding from the argument as we agreed.
3. because some people may believe it is not possible to romantically love someone for only their appearance or only their personality. some people may argue that you must love both.
4. This is difficult to prove that the same feelings were occurring at the same time but for two different people.
5. similar to 3, people may not even see a connection as romantic love.
6. this is unable to be proved, confusion exists and it can lead to mixed feelings or even shared feelings.
2. I agree with your exclusions.
3, I disagree because if you truly romantically love one person for their physical appearance, then you must love the person as a whole and therefore everything about them specifically. therefore you are unable to give your true romantic love to a different person.
4. This is not true because the people may come at different times, but it is not possible to give one person your full romantic love while being in love with another person.
5. I agree but then it is not necessary to be romantically in love with both. Just because you can connect with a person on an emotional or personal level, does not mean you are aromatically in love with them.
6. If there is confusion, the how can it be proved that romantic love is felt for both individuals. It is possible that there are only partial feelings for each of the people.
7. It is possible to feel lust for one person and feel romantic love for another.
8. Lust is defined as a very strong sexual desire.
9. It is possible to be blinded by feelings of lust and confuse them for feelings of romantic love.
10. therefore, it is not possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
I agree with 1 and 2
8. A definition of lust
I agree with yor controversial premises
2. i agree with your exclusions.
3. i disagree, someone can have all the looks and you can be attracted to them physically but if their personality is trash you would just want them for their looks and you can find someone that has the personality but not the looks and you can love them both because they fill each others hole on what they're missing.
4. i disagree, thats not the point, whether you give them the full romantic love or not, the point is to you feel romantic love for two different people at the same time.
5. i disagree, your mind makes you feel things that might not be true because you guys bond a lot and you might feel that you guys are perfect for each other which will lead you to believe you do love that person as well as the other person.
6. i agree if there is confusion no one can truly tell or understand the feelings the person feels.
7. i agree but lust can end up being romantically love if you engage and grow with that person and bond. then you will feel romantically in love.
8. i agree with your definition.
9. it is possible that you can be blinded by lust and confuse it with romantic love but if you are confused and believe it is romantic love then how do you know you're not truly feeling romantically attached to that person.
10. therefore, it is possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
4. If you are not giving your complete potential love. Then it is not romatic love. You either do or do not love someone romatically. There is not in between, that would be not loving someone romatically. It is possible you like both people a lot. or you are physically attracted to both people.
5. I agree that it is possible for your mind to trick you into believing something. Therefore, if you are tricked into believing you have romantic feelings for someone, those may not be real or meaningful.
6. If your feelings of lust turn into feelings of romantic love, then it is also possible to say that while those feelings of lust were turning into something deeper, that any romantic feeling you had for someone else was becoming less.
7. A confused feeling is not guarantee or true romantic love. if your feelings have to be questioned or doubted it is probable that they do not exist.
8. to be in romantic love with more than one indiducal requires more than just feelings. it requires commitment of your time to that person and most of your energy to fulfill their romatic needs.
9. Therefore it is not possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
4. i disagree because you can be in between and make yourself believe you are in love with both especially if you spend time with them a lot and your feelings can grow to romantic love.
5. what if you are "tricked' to the point that you convince yourself you are in love with them both.
6. i disagree just because you are feeling romantically in love with the other person you once just had lust for does not mean your lover before is going to become shallow.
7. just because you are questioning how you feel for someone does not mean the feelings do not exist, but it means that you care and are putting the effort in to think about how you truly feel because you could end up spending the rest of your life with these people.
8. you can divide your time wisely to grow such feelings for those people and then you can be romantically in love with both.
9. therefore it is possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
4. your feelings can not grow to romatic love because that would require you to love both people entirely and also give both people romantic efoort and time which is not possible to give equally. there must be one person who receives more than another.
5. I do not understand what you mean. if you are tricked it is not real regardless of what you are led to believe.
6. your former lover does not become more shallow. you are the one losing interest because you have gained interest in a new person. Therefore, your former lover is no longer as interesting as they once seemed, even though they might not have changed.
7. Simply putting in effort to think about how important someone is to you or thinking they have the potential to be with you for the rest of your life dodes not mean you have love them romantically. It simply means there is the possibility that you could some time in the future.
8. You could divide your time wisely but it is almost impossible to do equally. Especially when you consider your other responsibilities, possibly work, school, family, and then also those of your lovers. it would be very difficult to make that work.
9. therefore, it is not possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
4. if there is a chance of that one of them receives more than there must be a chance that you can distribute your time equally.
5. it may be true feelings because you can be tricked into romantically loving someone for example placebo it does nothing to you but it makes you think you're getting better so you feel better. and in this you might feel in love and the more you think that you'll end up being in love.
6. you can have interest in both people because its easy to have interest in more than one thing because of the different characteristics.
7. to have that possibility in your mind you must be inlove because you are thinking about the future of your life with them. that would not be possible if you had no feelings.
8. whether its a day a week or something you can always split the days you spend with them and then that would even out the time spent with eachother and in that time you can grow feelings for each equally.
9. Therefore, it is possible to love more than one person at once.
4. That is not true because it would be very difficult, almost impossible to distribute your time equally.
5. I agree because people can be tricked into thinking you are in love, and then ending up falling in love, however, once you start doing that with one person, you lose your feelings for another.
6. you may be able to have interest in people but this interest does not necessarily have to be considered romantic love. You can be interested in more than one person while not romantically loving those people.
7. i disagree. in order for there to be a possibility, the actual feelings do not need to be there. For example I can see that there is a possibility of getting my drivers license even though I completely hate driving and I have no desire to drive.
8. I disagree. As mentioned before it seems almost impossible to split time evenly between two individuals, and more than just just equal time, but also give each person the equal amount of attention during that time.
10. Therefore, It is not possible to romantically love more than one person at once.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.