DakotaKrafick
iPwnuNOW

It is preferable to get into a fight and have make-up sex than not to get into a fight.

DakotaKrafick

DakotaKrafick

Pro

What the debate is about

I will be arguing that it is preferable to get into an argument with your significant other and then later have make-up sex. My opponent will be arguing that it is preferable to not get into an argument in the first place (but by extension, have no possibility of make-up sex). Therefore, we will share the burden of proof.

Debate structure

Round one: Introduction/acceptance only
Round two: Opening arguments only
Round three: Rebuttals
Round four: Rebuttals/closing statements

This is an intentionally silly topic, but I still expect the argumentation to be serious (if not a bit humorous).

iPwnuNOW

Con

Got bored. Accepted this debate without a sound state of mind that is to say tired. very tired. I accept your terms and conditions.
DakotaKrafick

Pro

1. Assert your dominance!

Here at DDO, we all enjoy a good, hearty debate. We thrive off the competition, and we all want to be the very best, like no one ever was. Is it arrogance, or pride, or just sheer awesomeness that makes us such argumentative bastards?

Whatever the case may be, getting into a debate with your significant other is a great way to assert your dominance as the superior debater! "What's that, honey? You're in the 80th percentile? Aw, isn't that cute."

Once your girlfriend/boyfriend is inevitably destroyed by your bulletproof arguments about whatever it is you're fighting over, be it the mortgage, your in-laws, or just what to eat for dinner, he/she will certainly think twice about disagreeing with you in the future.

Then you can say things like, "You just committed the logical fallacy of not-making-me-a-sandwich. Now get back in the kitchen."

And he/she won't even want to argue with you, because, hey, you're just going to win again anyway. So enjoy your ham and swiss!

2. Make-up Sex!

It should come as no surprise, but the crux of my position rests on the fact that you will eventually stop arguing so you can perform the ancient and magical ritual of make-up sex! Anyone who has ever experienced this can tell you it's like the first time all over again (but without any of the awkwardness or premature ejaculations).

Make-up sex tends to be much more romantic or more vigorous, or both, than the normal version. Indeed, it'll be so good that you shouldn't be surprised if your neighbors light up a cigarette afterwards (depending on how thin your walls are).
iPwnuNOW

Con

(the format of my debate includes a HOLD IT! point which starts my argument and possibly an OBJECTION! and TAKE THAT! point in which i feel the strong urge to refute your claim)

HOLD IT!
REBUTTALs:
1) REBUTTAL: Assert your dominance:
Avoiding an argument is still better because it will not include bad/ negative feelings. You can assert your dominance over a whole 'nother set people and make them all make you sanwiches instead of just your Girlfriend/ boyfriend. To craftily avoid an argument demonstrates your stealth at avoiding awkward conversations with you and your partner and would not create the need for make-up sex. when you win over other people it harbors much more satisfication than just winning over in your relationship

TAKE THAT! point:
When you win over a complete stranger online you can say things like,"OP's a faggot and go make me a sandwich because you've just committed the logical fallacy of challenging me now go an hero." Like a boss.

OBJECTION! point:
And by proving yourself online or in public is overall more satisfactory than winning over your boy/girlfriend. And the whole freaking world will know not to mess with you and will make you sammiches for ever.
Enjoy those PB-J and Ham and Swiss alongside Roast beef because Roast beef is a boss.

2) REBUTTAL against: Make Up Sex is better than Normal Sex:

OBJECTION! Point: My crux of the matter is that normal sex is better than make-up sex. After an argument there are some left-over feelings whether you like it or not and therefore make it awkward whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. The crux of my matter is that the ancient ritaul of make-up sex cannot hold up against the ancient ritual of normal sex. Besides, if you accomplish in domineering over multiple people besides your GF or BF then your celebration sex will cause neighbors to burn their whole house down reagrdless of wall thickness.
DakotaKrafick

Pro

*cue cornered music*

Amateur, Wright, very amateur...

My opponent has failed to comply with the terms of the debate (second round is for opening arguments only).

1. Assert your dominance

My opponent says it's much more satisfying and rewarding to assert your dominance over random strangers than someone you actually interact with on a daily basis. I disagree, since random strangers are much less likely to make you sandwiches, but the point is irrelevant anyway. Honestly, it doesn't matter what brings more satisfaction than asserting your dominance over your significant other; the fact remains it is still satisfying.

Con's "objection" is similar to saying "No way is Smash bro a good fighting game, because Marvel vs Capcom 3 is GREAT". Doesn't matter how great anything else is; it doesn't change the truth of the matter at hand.

Con also says to avoid an argument requires stealth and craftiness. Maybe that's true, but the results are not as satisfying. When you get into an argument with your significant other and inevitably win, you will receive sandwiches on demand and (of course) make-up sex. When you purposely avoid arguments just for the sake of avoiding arguments, you'll gradually build up bitter feelings toward the other person and you can be the one who ends up on a tight leash since you just agree with whatever he/she says to avoid arguing.

2. Make-up sex

My opponent says normal sex is actually better than make-up sex. Right. They don't call it "normal" sex for nothing. He seems to have a point about lingering feelings from the prior argument finding their way to bedroom. But this is actually quite rare, if existent at all. The whole reason you and your significant other are having make-up sex is because you... you know, made up. You suddenly have a rejuvenated recollection of why you fell in love in the first place, or deeper understanding of that person in general (some things can only be learned through argumentation). If even the make-up sex is bad with your significant other, then you should, at the very least, suggest an open relationship with him/her.

iPwnuNOW

Con

*cue hotline of fate ()*
Sorry read wrong and was in a rush T.T
and you're right I am an amateur as these few months are the the few months that I have finally been revisiting DDO

1) Objection: Assert Your Dominance:

My opponent disagrees with my rebuttal against him about asserting dominance.

Also, my point was that asserting your dominance in logic over a whole multitude of people is significantly more satisfying instead, versus, your significant other, which is only one person.

" I disagree, since random strangers are much less likely to make you sandwiches, but the point is irrelevant anyway. Honestly, it doesn't matter what brings more satisfaction than asserting your dominance over your significant other; the fact remains it is still satisfying."

In Round One, My opponent suggested sandwiches be a form of satisfaction. However now it is irrelevant. "The fact remains it is still more satisfying" My opponent has still not proven this.

Expressing your overbearing logic-bending skills over a whole population would spread the word and terror of debating over all of DDO and would expand your reputation.

"Con's "objection" is similar to saying "No way is Smash bro a good fighting game, because Marvel vs Capcom 3 is GREAT". Doesn't matter how great anything else is; it doesn't change the truth of the matter at hand."

Pro's argument is not unlike this. Pro's argument is "no way expressing dominance over other people is better, because expressing dominance to your other is GREAT."

"And he/she won't even want to argue with you, because, hey, you're just going to win again anyway. So enjoy your ham and swiss!"

The "he/she" in this sentence would be boosted significantly by a multitude of times because the "he/she" would be a number of people.
Also, I would not enjoy ham and swiss.

"Con also says to avoid an argument requires stealth and craftiness. Maybe that's true, but the results are not as satisfying. When you get into an argument with your significant other and inevitably win, you will receive sandwiches on demand and (of course) make-up sex"

I disagree as Pro did not specify that in this situation of an argument that you have to win. Maybe you will inevitably lose and suffer an emotional crisis or crises and will maybe result in a break-up and, yes, no sex.

2) Objection: Make-up sex:

"My opponent says normal sex is actually better than make-up sex."
False. I was describing celebration sex not "normal" sex. Having celebration sex would "suddenly have a rejuvenated recollection of why you fell in love in the first place, or deeper understanding of that person in general" without the argument with each other and therefore leaving behind some unwanted feelings.

Celebration Sex is a happier and more vigorous sex than make-up sex because one more person instead of you is proud of your accomplishments and is so proud that you two would have sex.
DakotaKrafick

Pro

1. Assert your Dominance

My opponent continues to address the resolution of a separate debate. He states "[...] my point was that asserting your dominance in logic over a whole multitude of people is significantly more satisfying instead, versus, your significant other, which is only one person."

That may be the case, but it is irrelevant. I'm not arguing that asserting your dominance over your significant other is more satisfying than asserting your dominance over a multitude of other people. I'm arguing that asserting your dominance over your significant other is more satisfying than not asserting your dominance over your significant other.

Most of my opponent's arguments for this point were similarly irrelevant, so I will only directly address his final, unique objection: He says it was never a condition of the debate you had to win the argument, so it may be the case that you'll lose.

It's true that it was never a condition of the debate, but c'mon, we're all member of DDO. Of course we'll win against some amateur!

2. Make-up Sex!

Ah, I did not realize my opponent was referring to celebration sex, not normal sex. But what exactly are you celebrating? Not getting into an argument?

This seems to be a red herring, as it was never a condition of the debate that you would have celebration sex for not getting into an argument. The resolution is not "It is preferable to get into an argument and have make-up sex than to not fight and then something great happens like you win the lottery, so you have celebration sex".

Naturally, the most you can expect for merely not getting into an argument is normal sex, unless some kind of anomaly occurs.

iPwnuNOW

Con

iPwnuNOW forfeited this round.
Posted by iPwnuNOW 5 years ago
iPwnuNOW
@16kadams
I said WTF too but i accepted
Posted by Anayansi 5 years ago
Anayansi
Good luck to the debaters.
I imagine that the debate has as a premise that there WILL BE make up sex after the argument, and not a lone night sleeping on the sofa.
:p
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
Wtf
Posted by DevonNetzley 5 years ago
DevonNetzley
Actually, i think this is a great idea. But the only downside might be degrading your relationship.
Posted by DakotaKrafick 5 years ago
DakotaKrafick
It's okay, Maikuru, I made the debate at 4am (my time)....wait, why am I still awake? lol
Posted by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
I might take this if it's still here when I wake up. I've learned to stop accepting debates at 4 in the morning.
Vote Placed by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
DakotaKrafickiPwnuNOWTied
Reasons for voting decision: OBJECTION! This was a great debate. Two points to Con for being a total badass.
Vote Placed by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
DakotaKrafickiPwnuNOWTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm just gonna go with the FF xD
Vote Placed by Buddamoose 5 years ago
Buddamoose
DakotaKrafickiPwnuNOWTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF but wow 2 points to con for being so funny.