AlbertW
Raistlin

It is reasonable to not believe in God

Raistlin

AlbertW

Pro

I will argue why it is readable to be Athiest aand not believe in God , while my opponent will be it's not reasonable to not believe in God let the better debater win .
Raistlin

Con

The challenge is accepted. Just to clarify, as pro has stated both sides must defend either the resolution or its antithesis, the BOP is shared. Good luck to him, and I look forward to an interesting debate.
AlbertW

Pro

I believe it is Reasonable not to believe in God and my reason are stated below remember these are opinions not fact so don't judge me thank u for your Cooperations thank u .
1 . We are all titled to are beliefs if we what's we believe there's no reason to pressure us to be religious the human race has been deveined by many things but different religions have always been s key factor I believe we should leave religion up to those who see it . If your religious then be that way no one should or try to change u for being that way . If your Atheist or have any other belief .
2. Some of us where once religious but unlike that we saw something that made us looses are faith I can't give u a clear reason why we lost hope but all I can say is that there are many reason but most of them aren't good .
Pardon my lack of reasons I'm low on time and am very busy I'll give more reason later . Thank you for your time .
Raistlin

Con

Raistlin forfeited this round.
AlbertW

Pro

AlbertW forfeited this round.
Raistlin

Con

I apologize for forfeiting a round. I didn't realize I only had one day to respond. However, pro forfeited too, so we'll call it even.

Firstly, my opponent gives opinions, not facts, and openly admits they are such. As he has given no justification for any opinion, they should be rejected as baseless.

However, I am willing to address these claims for a brief moment, just so I don't have to deal with them later. Firstly, pro states "we are all titled (sic) to are (sic) beliefs." Whilst that is certainly true, this is not relevant to the resolution in the slightest. We are also entitled to reject science and refuse to believe the Earth is round, but this would not be reasonable. Next, my opponent states an obvious fact: that many people saw something that made them loose faith. As this is incredibly unspecific, it is an illegitimate argument. Also, it doesn't imply loosing faith is reasonable.

Now that I have rebutted my opponent's case, let's look at the overwhelming evidence for God. We know that everything that begins to exist has a cause, and the universe began to exist. [1] Therefore, the universe has a cause. As the beginning of the universe also resulted in the creation of time itself, the cause must be independent of time. The only reasonable cause is God.

Next, we look at the Resurrection of Christ. Jesus appeared to hundreds of witnesses, cross-verifying his story. Also, despite having every incentive and reason not to, Jesus' disciples took their belief in the Resurrection to the grave, indicating they truly believed it. [2]

In short, both scientific and historical evidence cross-confirm the existence not only of a god but the God that raised Jesus from the dead. As the evidence for His existence is overwhelming, it is unreasonable to not believe in God's existence.

1- http://www.reasonablefaith.org...
2- http://www.reasonablefaith.org...
AlbertW

Pro

AlbertW forfeited this round.
Raistlin

Con

That's 2 forfeitures. I will give pro one last chance to respond to my arguments and won't make any more this round.
AlbertW

Pro

AlbertW forfeited this round.
Raistlin

Con

Pro has forfeited three rounds, whilst I have only forfeited one. Pro has failed to make an argument and has failed to rebut my own. Pro has failed to cite a single source, whilst I have cited two. Thank you all for your time.
Posted by jacobyevan3 2 years ago
jacobyevan3
It's reasonable if you're basing all of your beliefs off of scientific evidince, but if you really think about how everything operates so well, and really how the world really exists, it's not reasonable to not believe in God.
Vote Placed by StarHunter 2 years ago
StarHunter
AlbertWRaistlinTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't think Pro thought it through. Next time you jump out the airplane remember to wear the parachute.