nataliazianturi
Occisionis

It is responsibility of government to support the arts

Started: 7/15/2015 Category: Arts

nataliazianturi

Pro

here i just want to demonstrate what i write about this topic in Longman Course's book for the toefl test. These following passage shows the introductory paragraph of this topic.

The development of art in my country don't get support enough from my state's government. It can be proved by slow increase toward each art's development, particularly traditional art. The illegal drawing in wall-public also demonstrate that government have a lack care toward my country's art. Whereas, government have an important role toward all country's business, involve the art. As a student, i also feel that i didn't get enough knowledge about my country's art.
Occisionis

Con

Which "government" are you talking about and as far as I'm concerned, everything is art so technically speaking this "government" is support many arts. I have a PhD so I know what I'm talking about.
nataliazianturi

Pro

nataliazianturi forfeited this round.
nataliazianturi

Pro

nataliazianturi forfeited this round.
Occisionis

Con

Occisionis forfeited this round.
Posted by mapleleaf173 2 years ago
mapleleaf173
I feel the wording of the topic is incredible weighted towards the Pro. In a perfect world- where government are non-biased, have unlimited resources, and can support the arts fairly, of course they should support the arts. Whether or not this is feasible in real life is a different story. If the topic was reworded as X government should support the arts by Y method, then I would be happy to debate this topic.
Posted by Teaparty1 2 years ago
Teaparty1
Are you including the United States' government in this?