mostlogical
SactownBoom

It is should be illegal for women to have a miscarriage

mostlogical

mostlogical

Pro

I Pro will argue that it should be illegal for women to have a miscarriage while my opponent Con will argue that it should be legal for women to miscarry.

Structure:

R1: Acceptance
R2 - R4: Arguments with or without rebuttals
R5: Conclusion

Rules: 18+, min of 3 completed debates, ranked higher than me (if you can accept you may accept), also no forfeits

Good luck Con!
SactownBoom

Con

Do you even know what a miscarriage is?

I don't think it means what you think it means.
mostlogical

Pro

My opponent appears to have accepted this debate because he thinks that I have made a typing error or thinks I don't know what a miscarriage is. A miscarriage is the birth of a fetus before it can survive independently. I'll first argue why abortion should be illegal, and then why miscarriages should be illegal.

An abortion is the deliberate ending of a human pregnancy. It is a scientific fact that a human fetus is human life. Even if you think it is not a person yet, it still holds value because it will develop into a human being. If a pregnant woman's baby was killed by someone she and everyone probably would want the killer to be punished because society values human life. The only time when a fetus is regarded as worthless is when a mother decides she doesn't want a baby however on what grounds can a mother alone decide a fetus's worth? Feminists will say a woman has the right to do whatever she likes with her body BUT a fetus is not part of her body, it is inside her body, and is in fact an individual. Once a baby comes out of a womb killing it is murder. Surely then killing it before is also murder. If it is okay to kill an unborn baby, and scientists can determine whether it is a boy or girl, is it right to kill it if you don't want to have a boy? Or what if scientists knew whether it would be born gay, and you want a straight child? Killing a fetus for whatever reason is wrong, and should be discouraged through law.

From the moment of conception, the fetus is no longer a part of a woman, and should not be extracted like a tooth. A woman should be responsible for protecting it. The problem is many women take drastic measures to have a miscarriage and avoid having an illegal abortion e.g. they may "accidentally" fall down stairs, stay in abusive relationships, not wear their seat belt. By making miscarriage illegal less women will be reckless, and babies will be healthier as women will minimize their chance of having a miscarriage via maintaining a healthy weight, treating STD's, avoid smoking and drugs during pregnancy.

You may think for a woman to have a miscarriage is nothing short of a tragedy however feminists will actually pay someone to abort their child, see source: "the pregnant girl paid a man $150 to beat her in hopes of prompting a miscarriage" [1]. She then expresses her hate toward men like all feminists do, by saying "after her boyfriend threatened a break up if she didn't get rid of the child." This prompted Utah legislators to pass a law. Something should be done to prevent this reckless and unacceptable behavior. What is the point of having abortion laws which women can break easily and get away with by simply claiming "it was an accident, I didn't know I was pregnant until 3 months later".

A lot of women don't know they are pregnant until many months pass, and continue to do things which harm their baby. Making miscarriages illegal would encourage women to value the health of babies and their own health. What is wrong with that?

sources:

[1] http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
SactownBoom

Con

SactownBoom forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Pro

It appears my opponent agrees with what I have said
SactownBoom

Con

SactownBoom forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Pro

My opponent doesn't have a single argument
SactownBoom

Con

SactownBoom forfeited this round.
mostlogical

Pro

not sure why my opponent accepted this debate if he has no arguments to make
SactownBoom

Con

SactownBoom forfeited this round.
Posted by mostlogical 10 months ago
mostlogical
Don't you think I know the difference, your definitions are the same as mine below?

"An abortion is the deliberate ending of a human pregnancy."

"A miscarriage is the birth of a fetus before it can survive independently."

I think I know that an abortion is the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, I defined abortion remember? I also defined a miscarriage, and yes, the fetus does more or less die at birth because it can't survive independently. Have you only read the title?

If you want to tell everyone you survived a miscarriage just say that, there is no need to be arrogant.
Posted by Le_Phoque_Orange 10 months ago
Le_Phoque_Orange
A miscarriage and abortion aren't the same thing.
An abortion is "the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks."
A miscarriage is "the spontaneous or unplanned expulsion of a fetus from the womb before it is able to survive independently."

Please note that in abortion it says deliberate, a miscarriage is more or less the baby died at birth, sometimes they even survive. Like me... I was a miscarriage but an emergency caesarean saved me. So please know what you're arguing about before you make yourself look dumb
Posted by SactownBoom 11 months ago
SactownBoom
Inducing a miscarriage - yes. But that's not what your debate states.

You state it should be illegal to have a miscarriage.

More times than not, a miscarriage is not induced, nor wanted.

You're a dumbass.

And Utah and Tennessee are bass ackward states anyway.
Posted by mostlogical 11 months ago
mostlogical
What are you talking about? It is illegal in States like Utah and Tennessee
Posted by Heirio 11 months ago
Heirio
I look forward to this debate.
Posted by SactownBoom 11 months ago
SactownBoom
the expulsion of a fetus from the womb before it is able to survive independently, especially spontaneously or as the result of accident.

You can't illegalize a natural medical function, dipshit.
Posted by mostlogical 11 months ago
mostlogical
there is nothing else it can mean
Posted by mostlogical 11 months ago
mostlogical
a miscarriage is the birth of a fetus before it can survive independently
Vote Placed by Overhead 10 months ago
Overhead
mostlogicalSactownBoomTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Con FF round 2 - 5 Convincing argument: An argument > No argument Reliable source: Any Source > No source Lack of response from CON makes this clear victory for PRO, as much as I disagree with PRO, think their argument wasn't put together well and think the source of a single sensationalist newspaper article isn't good.
Vote Placed by illegalcombat 10 months ago
illegalcombat
mostlogicalSactownBoomTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeits 4/5 rounds, conduct Pro.