It is unfair that I am unallowed to vote on debates because I don't own a phone.

The first round of this debate is for acceptance.

The second round is for you to state your arguments on this subject.

The third round is for refutals of your opponent's arguments in round 2, as well as your closing.

God bless you and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I accept this debate and look forward to a great debate.

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate. Moreover this is a fun debate. It should not be taken too seriously. I am just having a fun debate with my opposition on this issue.

My main problem is that I do not own a phone, I do not have any friends who have phones, and I shouldn't be required to have one in order to vote.

The order of my arguments are as follows:
1) Terms of Service
2) Security
3) Money

1) Terms of Service.
If we read the terms of service, there is a section called "Eligibility". I would like to cite from that below:

By using the Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) if you are under the age of 18 you have permission from your legal guardian to utilize Services. (d) Your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. (e) Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe you are not "eligible" to utilize the site's services."

It never stated I needed a cell phone to access certain features anywhere within the Terms of Service. Moreover, I would like to cite the following:

"Content Posted and Code of Conduct
You agree to use the's service in accordance with the following content posted and code of conduct guidelines:

Will not create more than one account."

They already made us accept that we should not have more than one account, therefore, I shouldn't have to verify via my cell-phone. Moreover, nowhere in the Terms of Service is there any indication that this is required.

2) Security

I understand the main reason for this is so that votes are not faked with multiple accounts. However, someone can always just make multiple accounts and use their friend's phones. Especially when most people may not do this, they would have an automatic advantage.

They could however track IP addresses. Make sure that only one account pure IP address. If the same account is used in another IP address location, it can be monitored and tracked. It is used on many other services and is not too difficult to do.

3) Money

This assumes that people have to have a certain level of income in order to vote in this website, or not be allowed to protest cellular phones. In a way, one can see this as discrimination. If I, or the people surrounding me, cannot afford a cellular phone, then I am unable to vote.

I thank my opponent again for this debate. Keep in mind everyone, I don't care too much that I can't vote. This debate is just for fun. May the LORD GOD bless you all.

Contention 1: Use of Parents phone

Most American adults have adults. In fact 90% do! ( You see when I first joined the cite I had a cell phone except there was one problem. My parents had blocked my texting so I could not get a confirmation number.

I then turned around and asked my parents if I could use their phones for this website and they agreed. I ended up using their phone and received the ability to vote.

Contention 2: Security

My opponent brings up that you could track IP addresses, but there is a distinct problem with that. IP Addresses can easily be masked by the user making things hard for Juggle (website owners) to do so. (

We also have several members whom of which go to the same school on this site and tracking their IP Address may lead to an unnessiary closing of an account though Airmax1227 had already been notified. Example: DPowell and myself go to the same school and tracking our IP addresses would be futile. He also does not have the voting ability yet either. (

Contention 3: Airmax1227

This problem has actually been brought up several times. All you have to do is PM Airmax1227 and he will get things worked out with you as he has done so with many other users on this cite. (

I thank you again for the debate.

That is interesting, but you didn't answer my question about poverty gaps, the terms of service, etc. That study is also in America, not everyone is an American on DDO.

To quote from my opponent's resource "Unfortunately, it is not technically possible to always hide the public IP address of a home network. ".

It is possible to setup other security measures besides cell-phone confirmation.

That is a good argument I will agree. However, this does not refute my argument. Cell-phones can easily abuse the system. If we have ip address tracking, it atleast curves the abuse. You would just have to wait until you went home.

Even if ip addresses are not the sole system, my point is there are alternatives to cell-phone confirmation.

On the last point my opponent has made, it proves my argument more. If Airmax is willing to go around the system of cell-phone confirmation, then why should it exist? If it wasn't a flawed system, Airmax would not have to do what he is doing now, or would he?

Moreover, my opponent never addressed how this was never mentioned in the Terms of Service of DDO, or anywhere else when we sign up for an account on this website.

To conclude, my opponent has made good arguments against ip addresses as well as cell-phones. However, he has yet to defend or claim at all that the cell-phone system is positive. What I mean is, he has yet to state that the current system of cell-phone confirmation is a good thing. My opponent used a source showing how many people have cell-phones and how you can borrow somebody elses. This raises two issues I have already addressed. The first being that the cell-phone confirmation system is easily abusable and can be used to create multiple accounts. The second is that it is unfair to people who do not have friends, or cannot afford a cell-phone on their own. Lastly, my opponent showed the weakness in ip addresses. I agree with his argument that there are flaws with ip addresses, but not as much with cell-phones. You can always link an account to an ip address. Moreover, ip addresses are traceable. Multiple cell-phones are not.

I thank my opponent for this debate, it was fun. May the LORD GOD bless him, and hopefully people vote Pro.

Contention 1: Use of Parents Phone

My opponent drops this argument only to talk about the wealth gap. He never brings up the point weather or not his parents have a phone. With that I extend my argument here across the board. I am very curious on how my opponent does not have a cell phone, but yet a computer to get onto this site.

Contention 2: IP Address

People have easy access to things that they can use to hide their IP addresses. (see video) People can use what is known as a proxy server to hide their IP address and mask them from those who want to track them making them hard to track. This will easily pose a hardship to Juggle and this is why they have them using the cell phone verification. (

Contention 3: Airmax1227

The reason Airmax does the way to get around the cell phone verification is that it helps the DDO community to vote and that helps debaters on this site. If we relied on him 100% it will pose a hefty burden on him and he wouldn't be able to do his job as mod.

In conclusion, we can see that my opponent has many different possibilities to be able to vote. He can contact Airmax1227 or even use his parent's phone. I have raise the issue that the cell phone verification is important, but the site has given people the opportunity to get around it in order for people who do not have a cell phone to be able to vote.

With that I thank you and please vote Con.
Posted by Mhykiel 2 years ago
Yeah you should PM airmax and vote
Posted by Christian_Debater 2 years ago
By the way sorry, I went against my structure in the beginning. It's okay though since we both did xD.
Posted by Christian_Debater 2 years ago
I am pretty sure he meant cell-phone.
Posted by thedebatekid 2 years ago
Most American adults have adults.
Posted by Christian_Debater 2 years ago
I might be able to get my mom's phone whenever she gets home =/ she's never home.
Posted by Christian_Debater 2 years ago
Nope =/.

I don't know why they don't just send an email verification based on ip addresses.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Just be creative. I'm sure you can borrow a buddy's phone or something.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments were refuted. The poverty gap argument was the only one he didn't drop and even that one makes very little sense unless he elaborates on it more.