ksmsparkles
A341

It is wrong to have sex before marriage

ksmsparkles

Pro

I am the pro for this debate. I am saying that it is immoral and just a bad idea to have sex before marriage. The contender should state their reasons for why they think there is nothing wrong with having sex before marriage. Please use reliable sources and be polite. There are three rounds.
A341

Con

I am con for this debate. I am saying that it should not be considered immoral to have sex before marriage. I think you are implying I should state my reasons for allowing sex before marriage in round 1, if this is not what you wanted I will simply forfeit round 3.

I should also say that I have assumed a religious aspect to your thinking about this issue based on other debates I have had over this topic.

My Problem With "Wrong"

It does seem that the word "wrong" is poorly defined, I will be working on the assumption that it means something along the lines of "morally wrong".

Higher divorce rate

It has been shown far beyond reasonable doubt that both earlier marriage and "saving your self for marriage" (the confounding variables make the two factors are indistinguishable but there is little doubt one leads to the other) lead to a higher divorce rate [1]. This begs the question, is encouraging higher divorce rates "good"? I don't think so.

Man made institution

Marriage is nothing more than a man made institution [2] [3] (very specifically man made but that's a different issue) I don't see why it would be wrong to opt out of a frankly arbitrary institution.

Gay couples

I see no reason why gay couples who are not allowed to be married because the state/country cannot have a loving, consensual sexual relationship.

[1] http://paa2011.princeton.edu... (you have no idea how hidden this was)

[2] http://www.bbc.co.uk...

[3] http://yesterday.uktv.co.uk...
ksmsparkles

Pro

ksmsparkles forfeited this round.
A341

Con

A341 forfeited this round.
ksmsparkles

Pro

ksmsparkles forfeited this round.
A341

Con

A341 forfeited this round.
Posted by A341 2 years ago
A341
Should I post my argument in the first round?
Posted by A341 2 years ago
A341
Posted by Dufflepud 2 years ago
Dufflepud
Should Con post an argument in the first round, or simply accept?