It"s possible to romantically love more than one person at once
1.Love is an automatic emotional addition for one to other person which is naturally comes from every single person’s mind.
2) Can you please reword your definition of romantic love? It is very hard to understand. Would you be able to elaborate and explain further?
3) Are you saying love can occur no matter the others gender? Or that it has to be opposite genders? Also, are you implying one needs to have a sexual relation to be in a romantic relation with another person? I don't believe gender matters when it comes to love. Love is between two people, regardless of their sex. Not only that, but I don't believe one needs to have sexual interactions to be considered in love with another person. Couples save their virginity until marriage, and others don't feel that sex is needed to prove one loves another in a romantic way.
4) A person does not love their mother romantically, they love them paternally, as in parental love. It is different from romantic love, much different.
5) Just because one can not forget their ex-girlfriend, does not mean they are still in love with them. They can miss them, miss their characteristics and the relationship, but it does not mean they still hold feelings for them.
6) Yes you can be close with two people but that does not imply love. You can be close platonically, or relatively such as siblings, but it does not mean you love them. Even if you are in a relationship with a person, it does not imply love. You can certainly have feelings for them but that does not mean those feelings are love. They can be attraction, or lust.
7) Love is more deep and intricate. It is not as easy to love someone as it is to be friends with someone. Love is much more stronger and different from friendship, and while they may hold some similar qualities like trust and honesty, love is much more. It holds a deeper sense of trust, a deeper sense of affection and loyalty to one another.
1.I disagree because I do not think love is an additional emotion. It is an automatic emotional addition (which is include all kind of loves. It is could be for parents too not only romantic love). Yes, there are so many people who do not love another parson as a husband/wife but it does not mean that they don"t have any feeling. Maybe each one has different feelings but everyone has an emotional feeling of love because people cannot be alive without love.
2. I believe romantic love is much deeper than just someone"s emotions or preferences towards another person. I believe romantic love is when one cares for another person, cherishes them, and makes them feel loved, cared for, and special.
3. People of the same gender can be in love. And love does not mean one has to have sex, or be married to have sex. Yes, some people believe in saving sex until marriage but not everyone believes in that, many people have sex without being married every day.
4. That example, your cousin may be romantically in love with their mother, but that does not mean he is in love with more than one person. While I do accept that your example shows a son loving him mother more than parentally, I still believe it is not how it is often. Even so, the example shows how that person is only in love with the one person, not more than one.
5. Just because one does not forget their first love does not mean they still are in love with them. One can have fond memories about their first love, and it is because it is the most prominent part of their development and first acts of learning about everything personally. Just because one misses them or miss the way they interacted, does not mean they still love that person. One can miss them because they miss the good times but it doesn't have to be because they still love them, it can be because they want another relationship that holds those same types of interactions. For example, when one is in a relationship and the relationship is over, they always take something from that relationship, they always learn something from it. They take that information and put it towards any future relationships, such as knowing signs of abuse or when someone is guilty, or they care about you by little things they do. By experiencing these things first hand, one can learn to pick up signs, but that does not mean they still love the other person.
6. Attraction and lust are different from love. Attraction means you like the person for one reason or another, not that you are in love with them. And lust means you feel sexual feelings for the person, which is not what love is. Love can contain lust in some aspects but lust is not love.
7. I agree that if a man has two wives whom he loves, that it is a person loving more than one person at the same time. However, if he is only doing it because he "does not have any rights" to divorce them, than is that love? If he is only staying with them out of duty or honor or because he isn"t allowed to divorce them, is that really loving the other person? If you love them, why would you want to divorce?
2. I agree.
3. Just because someone has sex outside of marriage does not make it bad. I agree that some religions are against sex before marriage and I can understand that, but if one is not religious, it does not make it wrong for them to do what they do. Everyone has their own beliefs.
4.It usually isn"t. In your example, the love between a child and their mother is considered incest and is illegal in many places. Not only that, many cultures frown upon it as well, being taboo.
5. If one does not trust each other, can they really be in love with each other? If trust is not involved, the relationship would not last very long. And I did not say they broke up because of being guilty. I gave many reasons as to why a relationship may not workout and how one can learn something from their old relationships and apply it to their new ones.
6. One can have sexual relations or feel lust towards someone they have never met before or do not love. For example, hiring a prostitute. Yes, it is illegal, but it is still happening and a perfect example. One hires a prostitute to help them with their sexual urges but that does not mean they love the person they hired.
7. Love one feels for a child is different from love for a spouse or lover or boy/girlfriend. A baby can actually live without their mother, they have their fathers as well. Not only that, they can have relatives or even be adopted. And just because one loves their children does not mean they love the other parent of that child. For example, the father could only be keeping the wife around to cook and clean and take care of the children. This shows that while they love their children, it does not mean they love the other parent of the children as well.
Therefore, it is possible to love more than one person at once.
3. While others need to respect peoples sexualities and what they choose to do with their lives, this does not show one can romantically love more than one person at a time.
4. While it may not be illegal it is still frowned upon. Not only that but in your example you said he doesn't love anyone else except his mother. Just because that one person loved his mother romantically does not show that everyone or even most people, love their mother the same way.
5. You are contradicting yourself, first you say it is not real love or a relationship and now you say it is love.
6. Okay, having sex with a prostitute does not mean the person loves them. But this also doesn't show how one can love more than one person.
7. Just because one has the same blood as another does not mean they have to love each other. If it was a good and happy relationship, then yes, the man may love both his wives, but you say he loves them out of duty. Would loving someone because you have to be real love?
8. Many of your reasons and examples do not show one romantically loving more than one person at the same time besides the man with two wives, but even then it is love out of duty. Maybe if it was a good relationship then it may be loving more than one person but what you say and showed is not that.
9. Thus, for these reasons, it is not possible to romantically love more than one person at the same time