IAlwaysLoseDebates
IAlwaysWinDebates

It should automatically count as a loss if someone forfeits one round

IAlwaysLoseDebates

Pro

First round is acceptance, if you accept then you are agreeing that people should not be disqualified and get a loss on their record for forfeiting a round.
IAlwaysWinDebates

Con

I accept. I think people should be able to forfeit, and thus forfeiting should not count as a loss.
IAlwaysLoseDebates

Pro

As you think this, you know that there are many forfeits that happen in debates all the time, there would be people that have MULTIPLE debates (possibly of the same topic) and ignore one or more while still being active on this site. I know that people have things to do, but you could always plan ahead. I have even forfeited debates, and some I had control over, I just didn't plan ahead. One reason I bring this debate up is because There have been people voting on debates that were not fair to be voted on because of forfeits, but they do it anyways. This type of thing I am talking about is pretty much a thing already. Many people vote for the person who posted their argument just saying things like, "My opponent has forfeited, vote pro/con." So why not implement this as a rule/ punishment for not posting?
IAlwaysWinDebates

Con

First I'd like to address what you said; "Many people vote for the person who posted their argument just saying things like, "My opponent has forfeited, vote pro/con." So why not implement this as a rule/ punishment for not posting?" People do such because for all of DDO, people have became a costume for doing so, in the way that if you see someone forfeit, you automatically know that they're most likely going to lose, but in some debates, people will be nice enough to give them another chance but, on the other hand others will do the "Vote con.pro" idea; as-well as people also post in their rules to their debate things such as "a forfeit will count as a 7 point decrees" etc.

Along with you I've forfeit many debates, and in some cases though I forfeit I still won, which is one reason I don't wish there to be a system in place to where if you forfeit you lose. ( http://www.debate.org... ) Now Taylor this might be hard for you to wrap your head around, but you yourself have forfeit debates and with the rules you wan't you'd have automatically lost. Next I'd like to bring up why you want this rule in place; recently you debated with someone on Chocolate vs Caramel; and you lost even though your opponent forfeit the second round. (http://www.debate.org...)

Next this rule would significantly hurt the 15 min period debates, that we all know we love (hate).
IAlwaysLoseDebates

Pro

As you said, Lucas, This system is already happening and you never said anything against me, you just said that the voters od DDO are already doing this. So it is hard to tell if you agree with me or if you are against me. All I wanted to say was that if someone forfeited a debate, it would either not count on their record and the debate would be discontinued or it would count as a loss. Think about this, if you were having a debate at a debate club or at an event, (EX: Bill Nye and Ken Ham) If one of them would just hear the other statement, then walk off stage, come back after an hour or two and decide to say their argument, do you think that the people would just let him do it and have a say in the debate?
IAlwaysWinDebates

Con

Sure I agree with the Ken Ham vs Bill Nye thing, but that is a live debate, being recorded and watched by thousands, but this here on DDO it a area of which debates could be going on at anytime, they're not "live" with people up on stage debating with a side of answering questions on most cases it is people sitting at home, you said "It should automatically count as a loss if someone forfeits one round" The key thing there is the "one round", not all rounds one round. You are not addressing this you are talking about a forfeit for all rounds, not one. Also I'd like to bring up the fact that this site is made for people to have time to walk away from a debate with argument periods reaching that of 3 days (72 hours), and if one needs more time I believe that they should have it in such; forfeiting one round. Mostly all of us have at-least forfeit one round and we always will; there is a nice thing called life, you should try it. You say that what I've been saying was for you, when the things I read are against you I've made may points on why/what I think or do think on the statement "It should automatically count as a loss if someone forfeits one round" when you keep spewing the same non-sense.

Now Taylor boy I am sorry to put you down again........... But you all first come first serve.