MatthewNelson
Kumquatodor

It should be made mandatory for a person to donate all organs upon death.

MatthewNelson

Pro

Organ donation is a great thing. It gives people the opportunity to live longer and healthier.
I will begin by asking; Why would every person not donate their organs upon their death. It saves people's lives, and the person saving the lives is dead. A dead person has no reason to keep their organs. In fact they are no longer ever a person. Their is no reason in taking your organs to the grave. One could look at organs as a resource much like coal or gasoline. Their is a finite amount of organs on this earth and people need them. But they don't need their own. By not donating your organs you are being very greedy. I can assure you a corpse has no reason to keep its kidneys. You have taken all of the pisses you are going to take. But with those kidneys you have the opportunity to give someone just a few more pisses. Those sacs of carbon have no use rotting with the rest of your body. Its served its purpose to you and YOU no longer exist anymore once you are dead.
I would also like to add that all major religions agree with organ donation
Kumquatodor

Con

A dead person has no reason to keep their organs.
The person wanted to keep them. That's a good enough reason.

By not donating your organs you are being very greedy.
WHAT?! They're the ones being greedy! They took parts of my body that I explicitly stated that I want to keep after I die!

And also: why does it matter if I'm greedy? Should I legally requied to give away all my extra money? If so, should I be legally required to give up my home so that the homeless could use it? And should the homeless be legally required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me?

Do you see how absurd it could get if we force citizens to be generous? It digresses into North Korea-esk communism in which everyone shares nothing except for the rich, who own the nothingness.

I can assure you a corpse has no reason to keep its kidneys.
I assure you a living child does not need one of their kidney, nor do they need one of their lungs, nor do the males need nipples. I will hereby take these things from the child and give them to charity.

Do you see the madness? You don't have to have a good reason for keeping your body parts.

It is, however, preferable that you keep your body parts. It is also preferable that you do not cut a (starving) rape victim's baby out of her and force her to eat its eyes so that she can survive.

Remember that babies aren't humans, or are at least sub-humans. They share remarkable similarities to dead people. They lack heart beats and brainwaves to a point. You seem to suggest that, in order to save an actual person, it is permissible to steal the tumor within her womb and force the carrier to eat it.

Your philosophy advocates it since the baby isn't alive.

Or maybe, you don't because a baby IS alive (what is the definition of living?).

What if the baby was certified dead. A miscarriage. While this is an obvious tragedy, another tragedy is occruing. A starving man asks you for food. Since you have no need to have a dead baby, are you then legally required to cut the baby out and give it to the starving man if he accepts?
_________________________________________________________________________

Of course, it is a reasonable assumption that you do not believe this. You are (probably) socially sane. I was trying to show you that wanting to continue owning something, even a dead something, merits the keeping of that something.
MatthewNelson

Pro

MatthewNelson forfeited this round.
Kumquatodor

Con

Kumquatodor forfeited this round.
MatthewNelson

Pro

MatthewNelson forfeited this round.
Kumquatodor

Con

Kumquatodor forfeited this round.
MatthewNelson

Pro

u da greedy b****. Why the f***would u want ur dead body to have kidneys when u could save a kids life u f***ing murderer
Kumquatodor

Con

It is not greedy to say where your things go after
death; you can will your money, house, and other things to people. Why can you not ask to keep your kidneys?

And, while not donating your organs can indirectly lead to death, so can not giving away your house. Should you give away your house, food, and money?
____________________________________________
Since you ignore my questions, I will ask them again.

A living child does not need one of their kidney, nor do they need one of their lungs, nor do the males need nipples. Should we take them?

Why does it matter if I'm greedy? Isn't it my right?

Should I legally requied to give away all my extra money? If so, should I be legally required to give up my home so that the homeless could use it? And should the homeless be legally required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me?And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me? And should I be required to give it back to them? And should they be required to give it back to me?

MatthewNelson

Pro

MatthewNelson forfeited this round.
Kumquatodor

Con

Kumquatodor forfeited this round.
Posted by Kumquatodor 3 years ago
Kumquatodor
@FlamePhoenix:

They are useless, just like male nipples. This does not justify taking them. The argument is that wanting something is good enough to permit the keeping of that thing.
Posted by FlamePhoenix 3 years ago
FlamePhoenix
Hi, it's been quite interesting to skim through the arguments here. I'm taking part in a similar DDO organ debate myself at the moment, so I've taken up quite an interest! I'm supporting Pro, as I also see no need for the organs after death. What does one use an organ in a dead person for!?