MyMixtape
Dr.Coke

It should not be socially acceptable for women to hit men.

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

MyMixtape

Pro

The opposing argument starts off.
Dr.Coke

Con

Hello! It's a pleasure to debate you. Let me start off with my argument. Topic- It should not be socially acceptable for women to hit men. I'm saying that it should be allowed. First of all, let me start with individual liberty. All individuals are created equal and no individual is greater or lesser than one another. By saying it should not be socially acceptable, you are ignoring human rights and human dignity at the same time. This is also sexist. There is no evidence in the world that says men are greater than women so therefore, both individuals are created equally. I agree that there should be no violence to men but I also agree with no violence to women. If it is legal to one gender, it should be legal to the other. I'll respect all your arguments as long as you respect mine. Thanks for the debate.
MyMixtape

Pro

Let me ask you a question.Couldn't you say it is also ignoring human rights and sexist if someone was hit without their consent?This debate regards to society,and the double standard of women hitting men.I want you to watch this video-https://www.youtube.com... tell me if that seems fair.In today's society a lot of men are raised with the idea that you should not hit women because they are weaker,and that if they hit you just take it.That really dosen't make any sense.That is like me going up to floyd mayweather and punching him in the face,but he can't hit me because i'm not as strong.
Dr.Coke

Con

I agree that you said this debate regards to society and no one in society is perfect. It shouldn't be allowed that women hitting men but that should mean men can't hit women either. On the video you posted, it shows a woman attacking a man first but however, at the end, the man knocks the woman down for 'personal safety.' And that shows that both genders attack each other, however should not be allowed. And in the past, society has taught individuals that men shouldn't hit women no matter what. But nowadays, the worlds has changed. Now society teaches individual value and individual liberty. They teach that all humans are created equal and by violating those terms, you are punished by a sentence in jail or even a capital punishment. Please clarify what you're saying in the last sentence about the Mayweather thing.
MyMixtape

Pro

No,he did not attack her he used self defense,and the media tried and failed to make it seem like he was in the wrong when he was just trying to get the women to leave him alone.He swept her off of her feet and even softened her all.Also nowadays
Chivalry-
Men behaving courteously toward women.Is still very strong,and extends to not hitting women(and even if a woman hits you don't hit her back).There are many cases of this.
The mayweather thing was meant for comparison.
People say women can't hit men back because they are stronger than them and could hurt them badly.
By that logic I could go to UFC Fighter Floyd Mayweather and slap him,but he could not hit me back because he is stronger and could hurt me. I have an eye for an eye view of things.While nobody should be hitting each other,if one breaks that rule then I believe that they should get what they did.If someone hits another person,that person should be able to hit them back.

Overall,It was an honor to debate you.But I think that we were arguing two completely different points.You seemed to be going for a more general perspective of it.While I was going more into society and using real world examples.You made some very good points.And I would like to say again that it was a good debate.
Dr.Coke

Con

It was a pleasure debating you and thanks for all your responses. The video that you have posted makes both genders a bad individual in different perspectives. However, most likely, men are more likely to hit women according to studies. And thanks for clarifying the Mayweather story. You said it was basically an eye for an eye thing but society cannot go around when everything is an eye for an eye. In order for society to work out, all individuals have to respect one another's rights and properties that one has. It was such an honor to debate you and thank you for spending your time for this debate
Posted by Zaephou 1 month ago
Zaephou
So what are your views on the opposite, is it okay for women to hit men?