westernmarch
royalpaladin

It would be beneficial to kill every human besides 10 humans form the DDO website.

royalpaladin
Started: 6/11/2012 Category: Economics

westernmarch

Pro

Troll Debate.

The full resolution is: There is benefits in killing the most of the Human Race besides 10 DDO'ers. They are:

WesternMarch
Thaddeus
RoyalPaladin
LDF
TUF
Mestrai
nonentity
LK
Drafter
Innoman

By accepting this you assume no DDO'ers have any disease of any kind and that food water and lube along with shelter.
royalpaladin

Con

Resolutional interp: My opponent must demonstrate that there will be a net benefit to killing every human on Earth besides these 10 individuals. If I show net harm or I prove that there is neither net benefit nor net harm, I win. This is based on the wording of the resolution, which demands that he show that it is beneficial to kill everyone but those ten people.
westernmarch

Pro

I thank the Honorable royalpaladin for accepting this troll debate.

I will post a little backstory so you are not lost.
*Clears mouth*

It is 17 months into the future. The world has invented a weapon that can kill every human, yet not damage the ecosystem(besides diseases) or the world's cities. 10 people can be saved if they some how escape the weapons range. Thaddeus presents a small floating city hiding in the depths of lake saint clair. The city would rise up in times of conflict and darkness. The city, the SS DDO, is rising and the DDO members are racing to the city, before the weapon is unleased. These are the few stories of some to retract to the safety of the SS DDO.

Western- I, living near lake saint clair, was able to get there in time. I taken a car the the shore where I found Thad packing internet cables and others tools up a ramp that lead about 150 feet to the city doors. I walked without threat to the city and claimed a house

Thad- Thad was next to go to the city. He, too, claimed a house.

The rest of the other 10 DDO members you made it followed such way showen above. Other DDO members never claimed a bed. Like JT, who was pushed other the railing by 16kadams, who then, was rammed over the same rail by Medic with a fridge, Medic got a heart attack form the physical stress and died.

The rest of the DDO members bomb the Earth. We have hope it would create a new world. I will explain.

All the Worlds diseases will be killed

Because the DDO members dont have any diseases, most diseases would be killed on the spot because their host was killed. So when DDO repopulates the world, there is no disease.

No popluation crisis

Nuff' said.
royalpaladin

Con

My case is simple.]

First, killing all humans but these ten individuals would be horrendous for the human gene pool. This is because killing all humans but these ten individuals would create a bottleneck effect and would eliminate all human genes but the genes carried by these individuals. This means that any dominant disorders these individuals have would be magnified, and it would also increase he incidence of recessive genetic disorders through the expansion of the human population. Humans would become much more genetically simlar than we are now and would thus suffer extensively from diseases that we are all susceptible to. These problems are heightened by the fact that he selected 7 males and 3 females. Assuming that all of the females agree to reproduce with these males, all of the future are going to have very similar genes. The problem will be further heightened by the fact that 1 of the females (royalpaladin) will not under any circumstances reproduce with any of the males on the list. This reduces the number of females to 2 and further magnifies the problem within two generations.

Second, repopulation will be difficult with these small number of people, and it is likely that all of the individuals will be wiped out. With only two potential female mates, for the next 18 years, only 2 individuals can be born every year (assuming that the females agree to this arrangement). Thus, population expansion will be nonsensically slow. Moreover, since the human population will be concentrated in a small area (the underwater city), a single disaster could eradicate the entire species. A single failure in the oxygen system, for example, could permanently end the human race.

Rebuttals
The first thing that he tells you is that all of the world's diseases will be eradicated. This is a highly flawed assumption and is actually false. First, my opponent does not know if the people he has selected are carrying any diseases. At least one of the individuals could be carrying and STD or have a genetic disease, for example, that could rapidly infest every member of this population. Even if they do not have STDs or genetic disorders, one of these individuals could easily be ill while approaching the center. Moreover, some diseases, such as salmonella, or disaeases caused by E. Coli will be impossible to eradicate because their origins are not being destroyed; only their potential hosts are. Finally, new diseases have arisen throughout history (AiDS, for example, appeared in the late 1900s; it did not exist prior to that date), so my opponent can never truly eradicate human diseases.

Most importantly, however, my opponent's goal and his methods contradict. The reason we dislike diseases is that they kill people/cause harm to people. In the process of protecting people from diseases, he is killing them and harming them. He is creating the same monster he hopes to desatroy through his barbaric methods.

The next thing he claims is that there will be no population crisis. This is actually false; there will be no overpopulation crisis, but there will certainly be an underpopulation crisis as I demonstrated in my case.

Most Important Reason to Negate
The most important reason to vote against his plan is that he does not include thett3 on the list of people who will be permitted to survive. If you want thett to die, vote for him. If not, vote for me.
westernmarch

Pro

I am short on time and cannot get on a computer. So I will add that: Asians hatch at twice then normal speed other offspring. Rape and drugs is a good way to inpreginate someone. LK's hot air would keep us in well-being and that water already has oxygen in it.
royalpaladin

Con

Humans don't hatch . . .

Ok, so first, even if you rape the unwilling women, you are only marginally increasing reproductive success. I provided that argument earlier with the assumption that all three women would mate.

Rape is harmful because it promotes the degradation of women. It itself is another harm even if you improve genetic diversity. Plus, I would rather commit suicide than carry a child that I did not want, so you would lose me anyways.

Extend all of the dropped arguments about underpopulation harms, the fact that his goals contradict is ideas, the fact that repopulation will be difficult, and the fact at thett3 will not be on board.
westernmarch

Pro

westernmarch forfeited this round.
royalpaladin

Con

Extend all arguments.
westernmarch

Pro

westernmarch forfeited this round.
royalpaladin

Con

Please extend all arguments and vote Con. Thanks :)
Posted by Lordknukle 5 years ago
Lordknukle
Lol
Posted by tulle 5 years ago
tulle
"The problem will be further heightened by the fact that 1 of the females (royalpaladin) will not under any circumstances reproduce with any of the males on the list."

LMFAO!!!
Posted by drafterman 5 years ago
drafterman
Thanks for including me in the 10, but 7 guys and 3 gals? No thanks.
Posted by tulle 5 years ago
tulle
Haha yes, I'm saved! Favourited to vote on later.
Posted by royalpaladin 5 years ago
royalpaladin
OMG, thett, you CANNOT give away my arguments! :p
Posted by socialpinko 5 years ago
socialpinko
LDF would obviously be kept around for breeding purposes.
Posted by thett3 5 years ago
thett3
Not beneficial because I'm not there.
Posted by The_Fool_on_the_hill 5 years ago
The_Fool_on_the_hill
or having less childen....
Posted by BlackVoid 5 years ago
BlackVoid
Semantics off "form".
Posted by royalpaladin 5 years ago
royalpaladin
Um, you should have added the backstory earlier, but ok . .
Vote Placed by mongeese 5 years ago
mongeese
westernmarchroyalpaladinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Multiple forfeits. 'Nuff said.
Vote Placed by socialpinko 5 years ago
socialpinko
westernmarchroyalpaladinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit- I wonder what RP looks like in real life.
Vote Placed by tulle 5 years ago
tulle
westernmarchroyalpaladinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's bottleneck effect argument wins the debate. Pro specified in round 1 that none of the DDO members had diseases, but of course, genetic disorders are fair game. Pro makes a "valiant" effort with the suggestion of rape (paradox intended?) but Con successfully rebuts the idea that this would have a net benefit. Con's points remained unrefuted due to the forfeit.
Vote Placed by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
westernmarchroyalpaladinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's argument concerning genetic restrictions, repopulating difficulties, and the colony's vulnerability to disaster went unanswered. Also, Pro forfeited.
Vote Placed by drafterman 5 years ago
drafterman
westernmarchroyalpaladinTied