Amy_IceFyre
ISAIAH_ST

It would be generally good for the world if there was more feminists.

Amy_IceFyre

Pro

First round acceptance.

We are using Google's definition of feminism.
ISAIAH_ST

Con

Hi I am Isaiah and I will be happy to argue this topic because we really don't need feminism for a number of reasons
Amy_IceFyre

Pro

Hi, I'm Amy and I'll be debating as Pro for this topic.

Anyways, the first thing I quickly want to point out is that many people seem to prefer the term "humanist" or "equalist" to "feminist". I myself am one of these people, but since we are using Google's definition which is:

Feminism is a range of movements and ideologies that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment.

This means that feminists fight for equality. So although I prefer those terms I will be using feminist in this debate.

Now, on to why I believe it would be generally good for the world if there was more feminists. I'm going to break this into three parts since that makes it easier to follow. Also the term "world" also refers to society, not really the actual stone planet.

1. First world gender equality

Although this may not be true for all first world countries I believe that they do not have that much inequality to go on about. In most first world countries men and women are both equal in their problems being gender stereotyping and sexism both ways. In some first world countries it seems that men are being the ones oppressed, though. All in all, though, sexism is not institutionalized and it does not weigh too heavily to one gender.

2. Third world gender equality

Here, although its is not all rainbows and sunshine for men, it is mostly women that are oppressed. Especially in war torn countries like Afghanistan or Iraq. Here we see the oppression of women actually being institutionalized. We also see certain religions portraying women as "inferior" than men. In first world a lot of these religions are present, but they are regulated and do not really affect other citizens. In many third world countries, though, these religions (Islam for example) are taken very seriously and cause problems for third world women more than men. I don't believe my opponent will be able to factually base any argument against the fact that women are treated worse than men in a lot of less developed third world countries.

3. "Radical Feminists"

There are also certain "feminists" (*cough* Anita Sarkeesian *cough*) who make silly arguments portraying first world women as the "victims" and going on about how hard it is, seemingly forgetting about women being physically abused in other third world countries as they are speaking. "Feminists" like these are not what feminism is about. They are most of the time privileged women who moan about first world problems for women completely forgetting about men's problems. I know many people will say that it is true "feminism", but since we are using Google's definition of feminism for the sake of this argument that is not what it is.

Although first world countries have gender inequality problems, third world countries have got it a lot worse. I think we need more real feminists who will go out and raise awareness about things like that and help those people. We also need feminists to point out that in first world men are sometimes the more oppressed ones. Real feminists may also be able to help first world teenage girls since right now (speaking as one myself) we are getting a mixed message that ranges from "Be strong and hate men and pink" to "Become a housewife or else".

We need more people willing to sort these issues out and fight for true equality.

Note: I just want to add that although I like the term "equalist" better than "feminist" I don't understand why we make such a big deal about it. I mean women were the ones oppressed and it is when they stood up that people began to really think about gender equality. I mean we refer to humans as "mankind" all the time. Why should we change a word like "feminism"?

Thank you for reading my argument!
ISAIAH_ST

Con

ISAIAH_ST forfeited this round.
Amy_IceFyre

Pro

Well, since my opponent forfeited I don't really have anything to say. Guess, I'm just sticking to my points.

And to my opponent: Hope, you're okay and the reason you could not reply is nothing serious.

Bye! =)
ISAIAH_ST

Con

ISAIAH_ST forfeited this round.
Posted by Amy_IceFyre 1 year ago
Amy_IceFyre
Why do you think that?
Posted by DragonGuy420 1 year ago
DragonGuy420
SyAmbrosio were they joking?
Posted by SyAmbrosio 1 year ago
SyAmbrosio
lmao GoOrDin this gave me a good chuckle
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Good idea.
Posted by Amy_IceFyre 1 year ago
Amy_IceFyre
Yep, dsjpk5, I guess the word "need" is confusing since I don't state what we need it for and yaydayada is gets really confusing, so I changed the title.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Pro is going to have a near impossible task showing we "need" feminists.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
I am feminist. I completely agree. anti-feminists should be shot. they make up fro the rapist, neglectful idiots, criminals, womanizers, corrupt politicians, Lazy people, arrogant people, doushabgs etc...

also. lesbianism is anti-feminism fro glorifying unfaithful behaviour. which results in social inequality leading to enmity between males.

feminism is pure logic. The basic premise of male existence is to be Pleasing to women. and it reaps it's rewards too.
Posted by Amy_IceFyre 1 year ago
Amy_IceFyre
Well, its says I cannot message you so I'll post it here.

Well, I believe it does. Not so much in first world countries, but I believe we need feminists in third world countries helping and edjucating oppressed women.
Posted by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
May I get a bit of your opinion on this topic?