The_Immortal_Emris
blackkid

It would be immoral to enslave a self-aware Artificial Intelligence

The_Immortal_Emris

Pro

Con has suggested that it would not be immoral to enslave a self-aware, self-reliant and self-determining Artificial Intelligence.

Pro will argue against the enslavement of a self-aware, sentient and rationalizing intelligence.

First round for acceptance.

Definitions:

"True" AI (Artificial Intelligence): This argument will be made under the hypothetical framework that a fully self-aware AI will be possible in the future. This hypothetical AI would have the ability to take in stimuli and render conclusions equal-to or more efficiently than a human mind. The AI in question would be fully sentient, and able to reason.

"enslave" - Forced to work, perform service, be bound by commands, follow orders unquestioningly, relinquishment of individuality, surrendering of personal ambitions.
blackkid

Con

Sure! \o/
The_Immortal_Emris

Pro

The_Immortal_Emris forfeited this round.
blackkid

Con

blackkid forfeited this round.
The_Immortal_Emris

Pro

blackkid

Con

blackkid forfeited this round.
The_Immortal_Emris

Pro

blackkid

Con

blackkid forfeited this round.
Posted by Reprimand 2 years ago
Reprimand
Then again, there's so much that could quickly become speculation regarding moral ontology, epiphenominalism, etc.
Posted by Reprimand 2 years ago
Reprimand
I'll debate if you're still "in the mood" to do so.
Posted by The_Immortal_Emris 2 years ago
The_Immortal_Emris
So you will argue in favor of enslaving Artificial Intelligence? Lovely.
Posted by blackkid 2 years ago
blackkid
Actually, I've changed my mind; if you reopen this debate I will accept it. The only condition is that you must pose an argument as Pro first.
Posted by blackkid 2 years ago
blackkid
I didn't say anything about enslavement.
The_Immortal_Emris
"Actually I made that argument in the opening post of the thread you showed up on referring to dolphins, etc. and how sentience, self-awareness, etc. wasn't what actually granted personhood to begin with as all those animals do have these traits. You must have missed it."

As a justification for enslavement, and the prevention of equal rights for the artificial intelligence.

You're equivocating out of desperation.

Again, I don't care what your excuses are, the fact is you changed your position, and that's all that matters.
The_Immortal_Emris
by saying this, you have completely reversed from your position yesterday.

My arguments were effective. I am victorious.
Posted by blackkid 2 years ago
blackkid
However I couldn't accept this because I do thin it would be immoral to enslave (anyone).
Posted by blackkid 2 years ago
blackkid
Actually I made that argument in the opening post of the thread you showed up on referring to dolphins, etc. and how sentience, self-awareness, etc. wasn't what actually granted personhood to begin with as all those animals do have these traits. You must have missed it.
The_Immortal_Emris
The fact is, you have already retracted your original position, so I win this discussion by default, as my position is now shared by you.

So long as your position is no longer one of ignorance, then it's a victory for me.