The Instigator
AtheistBlackandHomophobic
Pro (for)
Tied
0 Points
The Contender
sjunk
Con (against)
Tied
0 Points

It would benefit heterosexuals and public health if gays were shipped to an isolated location

Do you like this debate?NoYes+2
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Post Voting Period
The voting period for this debate has ended.
after 0 votes the winner is...
It's a Tie!
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 8/13/2015 Category: Education
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Post Voting Period
Viewed: 581 times Debate No: 78653
Debate Rounds (3)
Comments (10)
Votes (0)

 

AtheistBlackandHomophobic

Pro

It would benefit heterosexuals if we isolate gays from society and placed them in a nice, isolated area where they can develop their own government and laws free of homophobia. This will greatly reduce STD infections and eliminate STD epidemics among heterosexuals. That way, heterosexuals would be much better off. This idea could possibly eradicate some STDs altogether among heterosexuals.

Homophobia would be non-existent in the gay world...We could build them a nice country with nice bath houses and gay clubs. They would experience zero discrimination. they could even have children. Any baby born gay will be shipped off to gay land. It would be gay utopia until they are wiped out by diseases. Lol


1. Â Gays triggered the HIV epidemic in North America according to the timeline of aids fromAids.gov

Â
Source Aids.gov


1981

"270 reported cases of severe immune deficiency among gay men, and 121 of those individuals have died"


1982Â

 CDC reports cases of AIDS in female sexual partners of bisexual males with AIDS. Â


1984

San Francisco officials order gay bathhouses closed due to high-risk sexual activity occurring in these venues. New York and Los Angeles follow suit within the year.


Gays refuse to adopt and reopened the bath houses  even though their were high health risks of contracting and spreading hiv.


Source

1984. HIV/AIDS: The closure of San Francisco’s bathhouses. Part One.


2. Gays stopped syphilis from being eliminated and triggered another syphilis epidemic


Syphilis epidemic among gay men (Gail Bolan 2015)


The gay HIV epidemic is increasing in all nations.


Source

3. The gay HIV epidemic is increasing in all nations (aidsmeds 2013)


4. Gay marriage and other gay serious relationships increase HIV infections among gay men

Â

The effects of sexual partnership and relationship characteristics on three sexual risk variables in young men who have sex with men.

Michael E. Newcomb, Daniel T. Ryan, and Brian Mustanski 2011


Here's a quote from the study

"The majority of new HIV infections occur within serious, gay relationships"

Rare and new STDs are lingering among gays.


High health risk among lesbians

Gays are more likely to experience domestic violence
> >
> >Â http://www.smithsonianmag.com...;
> >
> > > Gay and bisexual women have higher rates of bacterial vaginosis
> > >
> > >Â http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
> >
> > > Lesbians are more likely to be depressed because semen is good for WOMENS' health and helps fight depression.
> >
> > >Â http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
> > >
> > > Gay women have higher rates of mental health issues including depression
> > >
> > >Â https://www.lifesitenews.com...
> > >
> > > Gay women are more likely to be overweight
> > >
> > >Â http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
> > >
> > > Gay women are more likely to develop breast cancer
> > >
> > > Study shows women who get pregnant in their twenties decrease the risk of breast cancer. Gay women are less likely to get pregnant in their twenties and even less likely to get pregnant at all compared to heteroexual women.Â
> > >
> > >Â http://www.breastcancer.org...
> >Â Â
> > > Gay men triggered the hiv epidemic
> > >Â http://youtu.be...
> > >
> > > Gay men brought back syphilis and triggered the syphillis epidemic after it was nearly eliminated
> > >Â http://m.huffpost.com...
> > >
> > > Hiv is decreasing among heterosexuals but increasing alarmingly among gays
> > >Â http://thewestsidestory.net...
> > >
> > > In 2010, gays made up 72% of all new HIV infections
> > >
> > > In 2013, gays made up 81% of all new HIV infections
> > >
> > >Â http://www.cdc.gov...
> > >
> > > In 2012, gays made up 84% of syphilis cases.
> > >
> > > In 2013, gays made up 91% of syphilis cases
> > >
> > >Â http://www.m.webmd.com...
> > >
> > > Study: Biology Leaves gay men highly vulnerable to HIV
> > > " According to Unaids, Hiv is more common among gay men in all areas of the world including Africa"
> > >Â http://health.usnews.com...
> > >
> > > Shigella outbreak among gay and bisexual men
> > >
> > >Â http://www.cdc.gov...
> > >
> > > New drug resistant gonorrhea striking gay men
> > >Â http://dailyxtra.com...
> > >
> > > New Deadly meningitis striking gay men
> > >Â http://americablog.com...
> > >
> > > Hepatitis C rising among gay men
> > >Â http://www.natap.org...
> > >
> > > New flesh eating bacterial strain striking gay men
> > >Â http://www.nytimes.com...
> > >
> > > A rare disease, (Lymphograunuloma venereum)Â striking gay men
> > >Â http://psychcentral.com...
> > >
> > > A rare parasitic disease striking gay men
> > >Â http://www.sciencedaily.com...
> > >
> > > Sexually active Gay teens at a high risk of hpv. In other words, when gay teens act on their homosexual behavior, it's not good for them.
> > >Â http://america.aljazeera.com...
> > >
> > > High rates of hpv among gay men
> > >Â http://mobile.aidsmap.com...
> > >
> > > Anal cancer rising among gay men
> > >Â http://www.m.webmd.com...-
sjunk

Con

There is nothing wrong with being gay, and your arguments are completely invalid.

1. Any relationship (Gay, Bisexual, Lesbian, Straight) can get HIV. Because of a statistic, which actually don't prove anything, means that this "statistic" is invalid.

2. They most likely only tested gay men. You're probably going to die if you have an immune deficiency. It's not like your body knows you're gay and then bam you get a disease. Doesn't work like that.

I'm not even going to bother to comment on all your ridiculous statistics or so-called proof. When people try to prove something they only test the subject being proved. Anyone and anything can experience these things, and even if these things happen or are more likely to affect a gay person, then it doesn't affect you. Why "send gays away" for something that doesn't affect you in any way?
Debate Round No. 1
AtheistBlackandHomophobic

Pro



"There is no.thing wrong with being gay"

Gays are no more then 5 % of the population but they make up 81% of all new HIV cases and around 90% of all new syphilis cases. Gays have higher rates of STDs than prostitutes and prostitution is illegal.

So gays are more of a health threat than an illegal activity. Triggering deadly STD epidemics is grounds to outlaw homosexuality. You gays should quit while you're ahead before the majority starts learning this information

If gays were shipped to an isolated location, the new syphilis cases would drop by 90%. Lol. You call stopping a deadly STD epidemic from elimination is not wrong????

"Any relationship (Gay, Bisexual, Lesbian, Straight) can get HIV"

Straw man fallacy. Guess what? Fallacies don't win arguments.

Any relationship does not make up 81 percent of all new HIV cases. Better yet, gays have the highest deadly STD rates on earth

"Because of a statistic, which actually don't prove anything"

Statistics do mean something especially when every single nation on earth shows the same similar results.

"means that this "statistic" is invalid"

so you think every statistic in every nation on earth is invalid? Gay scientist won't even agree with you


"They most likely only tested gay men"

That's false

Google this

Hiv is decreasing among heterosexuals but increasing alarmingly among gays
http://thewestsidestory.net...


"Why "send gays away" for something that doesn't affect you in any way?"

it will affect me because bisexuals exist and bisexual spread diseases to women
sjunk

Con

I think the main thing that you are not realizing is that the "gays" aren't affecting you in any way, so what if someone gay has an STD they aren't going to have sex with you, so you aren't affected by whatever disease they may have. These aren't contractible diseases unless it is with sexual interaction. I am not saying that every statistic is invalid. but what I am saying is that you are only testing a specific amount, and just because that amount has these results, doesn't mean another selection of people would have the same results. People do statistics like this.

2 in every 10 people have an STD
Therefore 20% of the population has an STD.

That isn't true.
Debate Round No. 2
AtheistBlackandHomophobic

Pro

th ink the main thing that you are not realizing is that the "gays" aren't affecting you in any way".

First of all, you have a really selfish worldview and you are obviously projecting your selfishness on me . You are basically saying, everyone's worldview should be based on selfishness. Secondly, gays could affect me because bisexuals exist and bisexuals have sex with women also.

A study shows 75% of women who are infected with HIV contracted it from bisexual men.

Quote
" New stats from the New York Department of Health and Hygiene and the Centers for Disease Control show that, in New York City, the majority of 647 women who tested HIV-positive in 2012 acquired the virus through unprotected sex with bisexual men"
http://www.hivplusmag.com...;

"2 in every 10 people have an STD
Therefore 20% of the population has an STD"

It's really low of you to attempt to deceive voters about something serious as a deadly STD

In 2013, in the United States, gay and bisexual men accounted for 81% (30,689) of the 37,887 estimated HIV diagnoses among all males aged 13 years and older and 65% of the 47,352 estimated diagnoses among all persons receiving an HIV diagnosis that year.
http://www.cdc.gov...

sjunk

Con

How do I have a selfish world view? You are wanting to send people away that love the same gender because basically what you're saying is they bother you because they have an STD and that they don't deserve to be treated as a human because of that. Okay. Whatever then. Excuse my supposed selfishness. I am glad that you know that the definition of a person who is bisexual. But if you aren't attracted to anyone that is gay and that they bother you so much then why would you be having sex with a woman that is bisexual? Most people are open about their sexuality, and if she tells you that she is bisexual and then you get an HIV that is your own fault. I know that STD's are deadly. But so is life. No matter when or how you are born, or the cause of your death, you are all going to die. So, so what. Why do you care how someone else dies if they CAN'T AFFECT YOU. I am not deceiving people. I am simply stating actual facts that prove a point. You are stating facts that prove nothing, but the fact that you know how to use google and you know the word gay, so that you can search bad statistics. Good for you.
Debate Round No. 3
10 comments have been posted on this debate. Showing 1 through 10 records.
Posted by adamfreethought 1 year ago
adamfreethought
Not only will there be more gay people born every day and its a complete waste of money and resources it doesn't address the fact that gay people are humans with rights to travel any place they want in the world. What is really being addressed here is putting gay people in a concentration camp. It's an unworthy debate and it makes me sick to think we still have people in this world who still think this way.
Posted by HermanGomez95 1 year ago
HermanGomez95
His arguments fail to address the fact that plenty more homosexuals will be born after the gays are shipped off. That's one of the many problems with it.
Posted by TBSmothers 1 year ago
TBSmothers
I want to accept this because it seems like it would be an easy win, but something seems off here
Posted by TBSmothers 1 year ago
TBSmothers
I want to accept this because it seems like it would be an easy win, but something seems off here
Posted by TBSmothers 1 year ago
TBSmothers
I want to accept this because it seems like it would be an easy win, but something seems off here
Posted by adamfreethought 1 year ago
adamfreethought
I think we should ship bigots off to somewhere so they can hate in peace with nobody to point out how stupid they are.
Posted by Teaparty1 1 year ago
Teaparty1
Well are you going to claim it's not true? Then accept the debate!
Posted by katie.snappy 1 year ago
katie.snappy
This is... disturbing....
Posted by AtheistBlackandHomophobic 1 year ago
AtheistBlackandHomophobic
I'm trying to help gays. they would be free of homophobia and bullying. they would have no problem adopting kids and making their own laws.
Posted by Jenima 1 year ago
Jenima
People are so f#!$@ing disgusting! Karma will do you good!
No votes have been placed for this debate.