imabench
Maikuru

It would overall be beneficial to humanity if California was blown off the face of the Earth

Maikuru

imabench

Pro

First round acceptance only
Maikuru

Con

It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!
imabench

Pro

Well Well Well...... http://1.bp.blogspot.com...

I am arguing that it would be good for humanity if California was blown off the face of the Earth. (This is a troll debate btw)

Arguments for why I believe in that ^

1) If California was gone, Obama would have been 55 electoral votes shorter then he otherwise would have been. He still would have won 277-206, but he would not have had his pacific firewall of safety votes and may have compromised with republicans on more issues.

2) If California was gone, we wouldnt have so many god damn hippies in this country. All of them would be stuck in New York and have to hide themselves as 'hipsters', but we know that Hiptser=Hippie in gaywad talk....

3) If California was gone, Nevada would border the Pacific Ocean, meaning you could go from Vegas to the beach in about an hour, hour and a half tops

4) If California was gone, pollution levels would plummet since California is a huge polluting state (http://www.scpr.org...)

5) If California was gone, we would not have 'Keeping up with the Kardashians', a tv show filmed in Hollywood

6) If California was gone, the movie industry would have to move somewhere else, and they would not be as douchy-liberal since California is a douchy-liberal state

7) If California was gone New Mexico would border the ocean, and lets face it people in that state NEED that since what is there to do in New Mexico???

8) If California was gone, that would be one less place for Illegal immigrants to make their way into the US. They instead would have to take their chances with Texas or Arizona, and good luck getting into those states, they go hardcore on border patrol whereas California didnt give a sh*t (as evidenced by the number of mexicans living in LA)

9) If California was gone, then Kobe and Blake Griffin would be on different teams, one of them maybe on the Heat (And who wouldnt love to see Kobe AND Lebron drop 3's all over the Spurs???)

10) If California was gone, that would be 38 million people that the government would not have to spend money on, which is good since California creates the most debt in the nation, more then twice that of the second biggest debt creator. http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

11) If California was gone, then China would have to go that much further to invade the US mainland (Trust me, theyre coming)

12) If California was gone, then we wont have to put up with the Oakland Raiders anymore.

13) If California was gone, Ronald Reagan would have become Governor of a different state, and who wouldnt love having Ronald Reagan as their senator?

14) If California was gone, then the worst state in the nation in terms of regulating businesses would be gone (http://chiefexecutive.net...)

Over to the con now :D
Maikuru

Con

Pro probably could have stuck with just the point about the Raiders and been competitive in this debate, but 14 arguments are fine, too. Enjoy!

1) If California was gone, Obama...may have compromised with republicans on more issues.

First of all, why do we want to compromise with Republicans? They will be assimilated; resistance is futile. Second, it’s irrelevant either way. If California was removed after the election, it obviously wouldn’t matter because Obama is in his second term. If it was removed before the election, as Pro points out, Obama still would secure (and was already projected to secure) a majority of electoral votes [http://tinyurl.com...]. California was icing.

2) If California was gone, we wouldnt have so many god damn hippies...

I’m sorry but those hippies are absolutely pivotal to our country’s way of life. If they were gone, who would make our coffee at Starbucks? Hacky Sac stocks would plummet. American Apparel and Urban Outfitters would go out of business overnight. Headbands would become a thing of the past. No one, and I mean no one, would have good weed. I’m not ready to face such a dystopian future. Are you? Is anyone?

3) If California was gone...you could go from Vegas to the beach in about an hour, hour and a half tops

This is literally the worst thing I ever read in my life. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas preciously because it’s in the middle of the god damn desert, safely away from nagging children and suspicious wives. Placing Sin City a short drive away from the beach transforms the single man’s haven into a pit stop for baby-packed SUV’s on their way to make little Charlie’s first sand castle. Basically, goodbye Caesar's Palace, hello Chuck-E-Cheese. THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN.

4) If California was gone, pollution levels would plummet...

California is actually the 14th greenest state [http://tinyurl.com...]. Considering it’s the USA’s most populated state, that’s pretty damn good [http://tinyurl.com...].

5) If California was gone, we would not have 'Keeping up with the Kardashians'...

As far as the Kardashians are concerned, I want them gone as much as he next guy, but losing California won’t stop them. They’ve already moved on. The virus has spread.

The parasites have found new hosts.

Our only hope is a coordinated military strike from an international coalition of specially trained suicide operatives with orders to exterminate each family member with extreme prejudice. Either that or throw them all a benefit in Great Britain, close our borders, and pray to god they forget their way back.

6) If California was gone, the movie industry would have to move somewhere else...

Removing California doesn’t move the movie industry somewhere else, it ends it, at least as we know it. All the celebrities, studios, sets, props, directors, producers, extras, and agents located there would be deader than dead. What’s left? Well, those New York hipsters Pro loves so much and their indie, black and white, subtitled films. Look forward to 40 minutes of footage of a rusty carousel spinning in an empty playground while a German guy laments in the background. In other words, no Avengers 2.

7) If California was gone New Mexico would border the ocean...

Since when do we care about New Mexico? We didn’t even spend 5 minutes naming it.

8) If California was gone, that would be one less place for Illegal immigrants to make their way into the US...

I’m not sure why Pro wants to limit illegal immigration so drastically, especially considering the huge economic hit the USA would take if California was gone (more on this later). Illegal immigrants overpay taxes (collecting refunds risks deportation), gather fewer governmental benefits (again, deportation looms), and pour billions of dollars each year in the economy. In this respect, these foreign workers are a plus. I'm sure my opponent would reconsider if he had some landscaping he needed done.

9) If California was gone, then Kobe and Blake Griffin would be on different teams...

lol they’d be dead.

10/14) If California was gone, that would be 38 million people that the government would not have to spend money on...California creates the most debt in the nation...California [is] the worst state in the nation in terms of regulating businesses would be gone...

Pro presents some qualms concerning California’s debt, which he claims is too high, and business regulation, which he claims is too low. What is ignored, however, is California’s internal economy, which is not only the largest of any state in the country but also the 12th largest in the world. With a GSP (gross state product) of nearly 2 trillion dollars (triple that of its debt), the sunshine state alone makes up more than 13% of the USA’s wealth and is a key economic partner and trader for countries the world over [http://tinyurl.com...]. California’s economic importance is only magnified by the fact that some of the world’s most profitable companies, such as Google, Visa, Apple, Chevron, and Disney are all headquartered in California [http://tinyurl.com...]. The state’s removal 100% guarantees financial calamity on a national and global scale.

Also, speaking of Disney, it’s important to point out some of those 38 million people Pro wants wiped out:

Not to mention little Lily [see video].

Now I know what you may be thinking: “But Maikuru, I hate kids!” To that I would say, do you also hate boobs? No? Then I’ve got the state for you. See, not only is California home to Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and all the beautiful, beautiful celebrities, it is also home to 8 of the 10 sexiest cities in the country [http://tinyurl.com...]. I’m talking millions of toned, sun kissed bodies all gathered up in one place like an early Christmas present. Also, since so many of them are those freewheeling hippies Pro mentioned, it’s not like they’re the brightest bulbs in the box.

I don’t know about you but when our future and inevitable Chinese masters (long live the Emperor) make their way to our mainland, I want to make it as pleasant an experience for them as possible. Again, I think Disneyland and the toned bodies will come in handy here. Remember, this debate is about what is best for humanity. Since China is a much bigger pile of humanity than we are, we should probably do our best to make their lives easier.

Conceded.

I’ll see you one Reagan and raise you a Schwarzenegger. You don’t want that guy roaming free, legislating people on the street. Like the smoke monster had to be confined to the island, it’s best to keep him in California where there are plenty of distractions to keep him in line.

imabench

Pro

1) California + Obama being more compromising to Republicans

"why do we want to compromise with Republicans? "

Good point.... I concede this argument since i forgot that almost all republicans are completely retarded and not worth compromising with....

;D

2) If California was gone, all those hippies would be gone

"I’m sorry but those hippies are absolutely pivotal to our country’s way of life. If they were gone, who would make our coffee at Starbucks?"

Thats what College graduates who majored in something retarded like art or photography are for....

"Hacky Sac stocks would plummet"

Thats why we have other sports...

"No one, and I mean no one, would have good weed"

Thats what Mexicans are for....

3) If California was gone, Vegas would be a close drive to the beach

" Placing Sin City a short drive away from the beach transforms the single man’s haven into a pit stop for baby-packed SUV’s on their way to make little Charlie’s first sand castle."

Are you kidding me? No family would ever take their young children through Vegas! You have a better chance of families dropping their kids off at Michael Jacksons house when Charlie Sheen is inside having a coke and hooker party.... Sure the kid would have the time of his life but parents are so f*cking protective of their kids that they wont even let them play in the dirt without wrapping them in bubble wrap....

Parents would never bring their kids past vegas because parents are so god damn over protective of their kids.

4) If California was gone, pollution would plummet.

California may be the fourteenth greenest state but they are number one in pollution, and that math doesnt add up (since california's education system also sucks). Claifornia is a net polluter, and therefore if they were blown off the face of the earth, it would be great for the envrionment

5) No california, no Mardashians

"They’ve already moved on. The virus has spread. "

We can take out New York and Florida to if we must. Just give me a day to move all my sh*t and ill happily vote to blow Florida to hell, cause all the weird sh*t happens in florida for some reason

6) If California was gone, the movie industry would move and they wouldnt be so f*cking liberal

"All the celebrities, studios, sets, props, directors, producers, extras, and agents located there would be deader than dead"

Oh please. Celebrities have houses in states all over the US, not just in California! Celebrities would be fine and then they could use their millions to rebuild the movie industry somewhere else in a place that is far less liberal and crawling with homeless people....

"Since when do we care about New Mexico?"

Sh*t, I meant Arizona. My bad. thats what I get for trusting MSNBC as a news source amirite guys ;D

"In this respect, these foreign workers are a plus."

A plus? A PLUS!??!?! THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!!!!!
(Guy in background yells 'DEY TERK OUR JERBS!!!!!!!')
(Other guy in background yells "DA BUR DUR DURR!!!!!!')

"I'm sure my opponent would reconsider if he had some landscaping he needed done"

I live in Florida, thats what Cubans are for.

"lol they’d be dead."

They wouldnt dead. Since neither of their teams are in the playoffs anymore they are not with their teams in California. Blake Griffin is out being awesome somewhere while Kobe is in Colorado trying to make sure that girl who accused him of rape keeps her fat whore mouth shut this time. Therefore if California was blown up they would still be alive and would be on different teams.

"The state’s removal 100% guarantees financial calamity on a national and global scale."

That just doesnt make any sense though, If California is such a great state for wealth then why is it the biggest producer of debt in the US? California may look like its doing well, but the heart monitor says that California is dead, which means its time to fire up the ovens and incinerate this mother f*cker.

And plus we can live without Apple and Google.... Mac's are a complete joke while Google wrecks every relationship Ive ever been in. My girlfriend wants to look up 'Apples' and the minute she types the 'A' into google the first thing google recommends is 'ASIAN A** PORN' because GOOGLE LIKES TO FINISH OTHER PEOPLE'S SENTENCES LIKE AN ANNOYING CLINGY GIRLFRIEND.

If we want to look something up on the internet then people could use Wikipedia or Bing instead.

Ah who am I kidding, nobody uses Bing. Still we have wikipedia and DDO so that works itself out.

"do you also hate boobs?"

Yes I hate boobs. I hate how whenever I look at a good pair of them I just want to motorboat the living sh*t out of them.....

" California is also home to 8 of the 10 sexiest cities in the country"

But you forget con, we are people on DDO. All of you reading this right now are incapable of getting a girlfriend, yet alone one who registers a 10 on the sexter scale! Plus you cant stare at them without their steroid injected douchebag boyfriends beating the hell out of you either, so to hell with all of them.... We still have foreign spanish babes in texas and florida we can go after, If that fails we can do what everyone else does and just claim that we have a hot girlfriend who lives up in Canada somewhere.

11) If California was gone, then China would have to go that much further to invade the US mainland

"I don’t know about you but when our future and inevitable Chinese masters (long live the Emperor) make their way to our mainland, I want to make it as pleasant an experience for them as possible."

If you want their arrival to be pleasant, then you would still support getting rid of California! LAX (the LA airport) is the size of frickin Utah and the 405 highway is called the 405 because people only go 4 o' 5 miles an hour.... Plus there wont have to encounter California drivers who I swear drive around like they have a deathwish.....

"13) If California was gone, Ronald Reagan would have become Governor of a different state, and who wouldnt love having Ronald Reagan as their senator?"

"I’ll see you one Reagan and raise you a Schwarzenegger. You don’t want that guy roaming free, legislating people on the street"

Um, Yes I do! When the robots rise up I think it would be best to have the guy who was the f*cking terminator be in charge of my state to lead the resistance!
Maikuru

Con

1) Obama and the Raiders

If there is one thing my opponent and I can agree on, it’s the complete irrelevance of both Republicans and the Oakland Raiders. We are both happy to concede these two arguments in the hopes that neither group need be brought up again.

I’m afraid Pro’s solutions to a sudden drop in the hippie population wouldn’t save us. See, once Hollywood is destroyed and those few remaining film producers are rushing for replacements, all those art and photography majors will suddenly be in high demand. Also, losing Hacky Sacs would mean losing the World Freestyle Footbagging Championships [http://tinyurl.com...], and I don’t think any of us are ready for that.

Pro’s right about one thing, though: we could still get weed from Mexicans...if he wasn’t trying to keep them out of the country! Like he said, with California gone, there’s no way they’ll risk crossing into Texas or Arizona. They wouldn’t even want to leave Mexico anymore, since they’ll have all of our precious, precious weed.

3) "No family would ever take their young children through Vegas!"

I assume Pro isn’t talking about single fathers, because I think we all know what they would choose between gambling and their kids [http://tinyurl.com...].

Mothers might be a little trickier to get on board, but once they find out gambling is good for a baby’s development [http://tinyurl.com...], you can be damn sure that roulette tables will start coming equipped with high chairs.

4) If California was gone, pollution would plummet

Even if we aren’t considering the gigantic environmental impact of blowing up California, including the massive gas cloud, the nuclear fallout, the debris, tsunamis, and earthquakes, there is still an environmental advantage to keeping California around. That’s because those green state rankings aren’t based solely off of pollution output, but also on green jobs and technologies produced within the states, which would all be obliterated along with California. Without them, we’d be counting on greener states like Idaho for our new green technology. Idaho...

Idaho.

5) No California, no Kardashians

I’m afraid Pro has to make up his mind here. We can take out California, New York, and Florida without giving people time to evacuate, ridding ourselves of the Kardashians but also losing DDO’s favorite bench (and Kobe and Griffin, too; they both live in California. I checked. Don’t ask how. It’s not your concern.). On the other hand, we can first give people time to escape, saving imabench but letting loose the hoards of hippies, bloggers, Kardashians, Schwarzeneggers, and seniors that call California, NY, and Florida their home. Either way, life as we know it will no longer be worth living.

6) "Celebrities have houses in states all over the US, not just in California!"

Pro’s right, not all the celebrities live in California. Some live in...New York and Florida. NOW CHOOSE!

7) If California was gone Arizona would border the ocean...

I forgot Arizona was a state until just now. We should probably continue doing as little to help them as possible, lest they start believing we care.

Trust me, you don’t want their jobs. They earn their money [http://tinyurl.com...].

How are Blockbuster and AOL still around? Who knows, economics is complicated. The point is, the numbers show California making a net profit as a state, so it’s not going anywhere. And neither is Google; do you understand what two hours without gmail would do to our country [Video 1, 0:38]?

As for all the hotties in California, they are not as unattainable as Pro would have you believe. I know it seems daunting but trust me DDO, there are women out there who will eventually be worn down enough from your Star Wars facts and mouth breathing to give you a shot. I speak from experience [Video 2, turn your volume up].

Not to worry. If the way Japan tackles invasion is any indication, the Chinese won’t be coming by plane or car [http://tinyurl.com...]. What we do need to worry about is being able to satisfy their insatiable love of crazy outfits, tour bus sightseeing, and weird sexual fetishes. Now, if only we had a state that could satisfy all of that...

13) "When the robots rise up I think it would be best to have the guy who was the f*cking terminator be in charge of my state to lead the resistance!"

Trust me, this guy isn’t going to be leading any resistance. He can’t even resist the urge to go to Taco Bell.

The poor guy's comfortable in California. Let’s not startle him.

In Summation

I believe I have shown that California is not only of pivotal social and economic importance, it also - above all else - knows how to party. California knows how to party. In the city of LA. In the city of good ol' Watts. In the city...the city of Compton. We keep it rockin.

We keep it rockin.

Posted by Rhett_Butler 3 years ago
Rhett_Butler
I will never understand why it is so hard for people to vote on this website. Either someone has a strong point, or they don't... That's it.
Posted by tulle 3 years ago
tulle
Whoops, I meant "arguments and sources" to CON.
Posted by Maikuru 3 years ago
Maikuru
I just told f-16 to undo his vote.
Posted by tulle 3 years ago
tulle
Pro contradicts a few of his points that Con points out--- 1) California should be blown away to stop Mexicans from going to the US but you'll get your weed from Mexicans, and 2) California should be blown away to get rid of the Kardashians and its millions of citizens, but he acknowledges that people can leave and not get blown up (eg. basketball players). If basketball players can get away from being bombed, what's to stop the other citizens from escaping, thus rendering his pollution and debt points moot.

Con refutes many of Pro's points, while Pro drops the argument about the wittle kids dying :( How can you want to kill Lily? :( Pro also dropped the Obama point. While Con dropped the Raiders point I have no clue who they are and I don't think they are sufficient reason to obliterate Lily.

Pro provided a couple of sources, one of which Con used to disprove his own contention (about California being bad for business).

Arguments and sources to Pro.

Fyi I don't know who that tulle girl is but she has really good taste :p
Posted by Maikuru 3 years ago
Maikuru
It's just a little votebombed, it's still good, it's still good!
Posted by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
Apparently xxCryptoxx doesn't have a sense of humor :/
Posted by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
Posted by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
Ok. Interesting debate. Considering the subject matter, I found it appropriate to judge this debate based on the pictures provided. Since PRO had no pictures, sources automatically go to CON.

Now on to the pictures:

1) Kardashians - conduct & S&G to PRO
2) Tinkerbell - convincing argument.
3) Kids attempting to eat each other's noses - oh dear, what a rebuttal!
4) Mickey mouse - so California is responsible for the gigantic plastic mutant rodent problem? Looks like arguments going to PRO...
5) Arnold with a joint - wow, what a comeback!
6) Baby gambling - man, I thought gambling just happened in Vegas, but it's in a California debate, and with babies!
7) Arnold looking like he got terminated - well then, this says it all. Arguments PRO. If California could do that to the terminator, then I'd want California blown off the face of the earth too.

CONCLUSION

This debate was CON's to lose, and by bringing in the Kardashians and a terminated terminator, I would have to side with PRO, even though that would mean blowing my home off the face of the earth. A small price to pay, and...I'll be back!
Posted by Smithereens 3 years ago
Smithereens
Wb Imabench, I hope you enjoyed your ban as much as I did :)
Posted by tulle 3 years ago
tulle
"If that fails we can do what everyone else does and just claim that we have a hot girlfriend who lives up in Canada somewhere."

I LOL'd.
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 3 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
imabenchMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: This being a troll debate I guess I should base the winner on who gave me the most yucks. So... I counted. R2; pro-2 Con-4. R3; pro-4 con-5. A really great debate. Con got me 3 more times than pro, so I'm giving him 3 points.
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 3 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
imabenchMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: I found Con more funny and convincing overall. His round 2 was devastating to Pro's arguments. Pro's round 3, not so much. I won't go into each of the arguments in detail since it was a troll debate anyways and most of them didn't make logical sense, but I am convinced California ought not be blown off.
Vote Placed by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
imabenchMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: Removing counter.
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
imabenchMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter Juris_Naturalis
Vote Placed by tulle 3 years ago
tulle
imabenchMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
imabenchMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct (tied): Troll debate, thus hard to measure (I suggest labeling such in round 1, just as a precaution). S&G (tied): Neither had issues, as much as I did notice a few errors from pro. Arguments: I think pro tried to make too many points, even having many conflict "Thats what Mexicans are for...." directly conflicted him calling tighter borders with Mexico as a benefit to keep them out. Everyone being dead, except sports stars? Whereas pro did a good job countering each point, and included some great pathos appeals (like that ultra sexy tinkerbell). Sources (tied): I have a bias against tinyurl, as so much of that is Muppet porn; thus I am skipping sources.
Vote Placed by Travniki 3 years ago
Travniki
imabenchMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: I just picked the winner by funniest line "Placing Sin City a short drive away from the beach transforms the single man?s haven into a pit stop for baby-packed SUV?s on their way to make little Charlie?s first sand castle. Basically, goodbye Caesar's Palace, hello Chuck-E-Cheese."
Vote Placed by Juris_Naturalis 3 years ago
Juris_Naturalis
imabenchMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: Just the way it is.
Vote Placed by ClassicRobert 3 years ago
ClassicRobert
imabenchMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter gt4o2007
Vote Placed by gt4o2007 3 years ago
gt4o2007
imabenchMaikuruTied
Reasons for voting decision: Retard