shakiisueteen
Itsallovernow

Itachi should never have died!

shakiisueteen

Pro

Itachi uchiha as all fans who read the manga NARUTO allready know, is dead and was finally killed by sasuke. That was truly horrific. :l

Itachi should never have died! And maybe.... Sasuke should have taken his place.(though Itachi would never have killed his brother) Itachi was a gentle man who grew up in the midst of a war and ended up hating it, the war soon ended and uchiha (his clan) had its own place in konoha. But the uchiha clan, full of pride and are advanced in visual arts as well as skilled ninja`s , wanted konoha itself and were planning an attack! Itachi the most skilled young member of the uchiha was sent as a spy in the anbu black ops to keep an eye on the unsuspecting (or so they thought) konoha village. While acting as a spy for his clan and taking care of sasuke itachi was actually a double agent informing the konoha of all his clans plans involving the village and in doing so he was putting off a war. One day the plans were just to huge and the village HAD to do something so itachi was ordered by THE anbu black ops to kill his entire clan.... itachi set off and killed everyone including his own parents but the one person he couldnt kill was his brother, instead of telling sasuke (the very young lad) the shocking truth, itachi lied to sasuke in saying he betrayed the village and sasuke was the only one who could really take revenge.... but later just when itachi was finally slayed by sasuke.... Madara uchiha, the legendary fiend from the great wars of the uchiha clan explained all the sufferings of itachi and the entire truth behind the killings and sasuke set off to get konoha....

when sasuke killed itachi, itachi kept on lying for sasukes sake.... Does that make any sense? first of all sasuke was evil thanks to itachis actions in lying to him but sasuke was stupid enough to believe that whole story for his entire life! who in the world would kill his entire familly because he`s supposedly evil and doesnt kill one person so he could have a challenge later on...Like how stupid can he be! he might have been a child but if the uchihas were so smart, talented and etc.... sasuke should have been smart enough to atleast look into it more... he could have followed every thing itachi did or devise a plan to infultrate the black ops so he could uncover secret documents of the sort! (seriusly tsunades supposed to have like a whole bunch of documents and such....its sasukes fault really.

Second, why the hell couldnt sasuke die!? If it wasnt for sasuke betraying the village, naruto wouldnt be chassing after him and so one of the worst twist would be even more dramatic! think about it. If sasuke was good and never thought of leaving naruto would befriend him even more, then they will both go on an adventure of somesort like always, naruto will discover more about the fox and sasuke will discover more about sharingan and learn new skills from kakashi sensei. then they can get involved with akatsuki after they start attacking the jinchuriki and naruto along with the others could rescue gaara. later on sasuke will defenetly face off with itachi. What if naruto were to be kidnapped and sasuke would come to his rescue! sasuke would have to kill itachi! Maybe sasuke could not be strong enough and then just when he`s weak he`d free naruto and try to finish off itachi. maybe madara could have just saved all the trouble and killed sasuke! it would be dramatic for naruto would have freaked and itachi could have revealed his story to naruto. (the whole thing makes sense if you see sasuke as stupid, really...)

i`m sure lots of people can make up some story to kill sasuke in many ways.... that was just some random thing to prove a point. naruto would freak if he learned the truth and sasuke died, then he could address konoha about it.It would make for a more interesting problem, a more interesting uchiha and naruto would come to learn the bad sides of konoha the village were he wanted to be hokage. What a twist. :D
Itsallovernow

Con

I do not watch Naruto, and I do not know of the man my opponent is talking about. He gives reasons and portrays this as a real-life event. However, I would like to remind him that it is not.

The entire point of Naurto is to entertain and make money for the crew and cast of Naruto. With the death of this person, it intrgued and challenged the viewers, such as yourself. With this, they could attract more attention to their shows. If the death was pointless, in your opinion, then it obviously affected you enough to write about it and I, who have never heard of Itachi, read about it and posted this arguement.

In this, they achieved advertising methods by viewer "satisfaction", if you would so call it. I am now considering watching this one episiode, and perhaps the series. In this, the crew achieved their goal of attracting more viewers. The crew fufilled their goals and, thusly, Itachi should have died, for the benefiet of the show.

Only time will tell if it's plot will follow through on his death. In this, they achieve viewer interest and anticipation. For these reasons, his death was nessacary.

Thank you, and:

=VOTE CON=
shakiisueteen

Pro

Thank you for the reminder...
I am quite aware that the story naruto is not real although i do try and picture the characters as realisticly as i can to make the most out of what i am reading:D its funner.

You made a great point in saying that the death of itachi might have attracted attention and viewers to follow the series closely and such but did you consider how itachi living and the dramatic death of sasuke a factor in this?
The death of itachi (that according to you, you dont know yet) isnt quite that benefishal, did you consider that itachi could replace sasuke and also easily surpass his younger brother. His skills and brains would make an interesting partner for naruto and his betrayal of akatsuki could bring yet another exciting twist to the story. And hes cool:D

As for your`e comment ``The entire point of Naruto is to entertain and make money for the crew and cast of Naruto``
i think it is not the entire reason behind the creation of naruto, I, a writter presently drawing comic books, write so that i may express my feelings, beliefs and hopes in the world. The money you make is a bonus along with sharing your story with the world...(thats my opinion) Do you think they'd make any less money or even more if they had decided not to kill itachi?
Itsallovernow

Con

Itsallovernow forfeited this round.
shakiisueteen

Pro

Allright then... Guess you dont have any reply for that... :l The thing is that naruto wouldn't make any less money if they changed up the story line a little. Itachi and sasuke have quite a big dramatic story and if itachi were to win the battle he could also profit from sasuke's death (with the entire ' i'm gona take your eyes so that i dont get blinded from my special ocular justsu' stuff) and the series could continue on, no problems. Masashi kishimoto chose sasuke out of favoratism (if you have ever read the actual naruto manga, then in one of the extra pages in vol either 3 or 4 explain that masashi kishimoto likes sasuke better because of howmuch effort it takes to draw him so that he looks cool...)
Itsallovernow

Con

Sorry about that, but allow me to continue.

It is clear that my opponent and I view our arguements pertaining to two different situations. Real life, and character life. While my opponent validates his arguments with points from the Nauruto series, I assert my points of realism, which, unequivically, holds much, much more wieght.

With all due respect, my opponent feebly addressed that: "Itachi and sasuke have quite a big dramatic story and if itachi were to win the battle he could also profit from sasuke's death (with the entire ' i'm gona take your eyes so that i dont get blinded from my special ocular justsu' stuff) and the series could continue on, no problems."

Well, my opponent is not a part of the crew to create and provide a storyline for Naurto, so he can not validate this point of realism. My point(s) hold more logic over his. Obviously, the producers must have a plan filled out for his death, for every action a character does is not wasted. You acknowledged that they did intregue viewers with his death, and, if they do not retain the viewers interest to the maximum, they lose views. It slips their mind or whatnot. When they make ironic and, clearly, unexpected twists like this, then they keep interest. I watched Naurto, therefore they got more views than they would have if they didn't provide his death.

With more views come more sponserships, meaning money. It could very well mean that they could lose money, my friend, because they wouldn't GAIN more money.

I ask the audience to view which debate is more logical, and I thank PRO for the deabate.

Kudos
shakiisueteen

Pro

First of all, I AM A GIRL. (serious, please take that into account.)

Second, I AM A FAN GIRL, meaning that on this site I will debate and state my opinions especially on one of my favorite anime series. I may not be a part of naruto's crew but I am entitled to my opinion. I am a viewer, there for I am aloud to think and believe that the series would be better off with itachi. I may be creating a story line but who doesn't? (well...ok there are some exceptions).

Third, " My point(s) hold more logic over his" do my points not hold any logic? as my opponent said "It is clear that my opponent and I view our arguments pertaining to two different situations. Real life, and character life." in "character" life, my point(s) hold lots of logic. Honestly itachi's death or sasuke's death goes either way, they can both profit from each others death, they can both mourn ones death and all that stuff. I just believe that itachi's better. He has more skill, he's older and he's much more intelligent.

I'd love to get over the entire " the producers must have a plan filled out for his death", they might have plans but they can also have a plan for itachi if he lived. Put that argument aside and then what do you have to back up your debate? That my arguments are indeed unrealistic, naruto is not real... Why just argue about reality when we are arguing on a fictional character? Stats matter but in this case what the viewers want and the itachi fans think makes a big difference.

I ask that the audience to view witch debate really matches the subject and vote for the contestant who actually cares about the outcome of naruto and the character we are debating about, itachi.

thx con for the debate.
Itsallovernow

Con

Sorry, I didn't not realize you were a girl.

Secondly, you have identified that your arguments are an opinion with hypothetical circumstances. This, my friend, is not part of a debate. Also, it is an incomplete story-line. The story-line of the producers obviously believe that their way is best, seeing as they are the overseers for the well-being of the series, they ensured the best possible outcome. They have taken what would be public view, anticipated it, and provided something to follow-up on it, of this there is no doubt.

By the way, I never said your statements had no logic, I said mine has more. "in "character" life, my point(s) hold lots of logic.". If we were to base the character life as real facts and argue hypathetical situations, then it would be a pointless debate. Only with our reality, only with the reality we can see and behold can we articulate arguements. It does no good to mourn what happened; that should be a forum.

This is why I based my entire arguement with facts from Naurto producers. You acknowledge they had possiblity to decide if Itachi lived or not. However, they did not see this as the best course of action.

You state: "Put that argument aside and then what do you have to back up your debate?" If I put my reality and my arguements aside for what could-be's and wishes for a cartoon series that isn't real, isn't tangible, then I would have nothing. However, even with the existance of your arguements, you provide no concrete reason why he should have lived to benefiet the real world. Even to benefiet the "fake world", you just state "they could have worked something out."

" Why just argue about reality when we are arguing on a fictional character?" In the resolution, you didn't state for the benefiet of which. The existance of the show has an effect on real life, and that is important. The death of him has an effect on real life, but the question of it is whether his death is beneficial in real life, not fake life, because it's just color on paper, not real.

My opponent wants you to debate what REALLY matters. Real life matters, real world issues matter, not great drawings on simple paper. " vote for the contestant who actually cares about the outcome of naruto and the character we are debating about, itachi." Aparently, his outcome is finished. He is dead. Secondly, whether or not I care about Naurto is irrelvant (though, I must admit the show is alright).

Thank you, Pro, for this debate and good luck.
Posted by Itsallovernow 6 years ago
Itsallovernow
Lol wtf?!
Posted by shakiisueteen 6 years ago
shakiisueteen
i know... its sad... allthough itachi could have used sasukes eyes too.
Posted by Loserboi 6 years ago
Loserboi
he needed to die to give sasuke the power of the mangekyou
Posted by shakiisueteen 6 years ago
shakiisueteen
hm... was i supposed to keep arguing after he didn't post anything? :l

w.e....
Posted by Kinesis 6 years ago
Kinesis
It makes sense in a certain...um, sense. Itachi's plan to decieve Sasuke and indeed most of the world, continued long after his death. Totally agree with Pro the resolution.
Posted by shakiisueteen 6 years ago
shakiisueteen
good point... i should fix that...:l

um i think i ment in the event in witch sasuke killed itachi...:P oops.
Posted by Puck 6 years ago
Puck
"when sasuke killed itachi, itachi kept on lying for sasukes sake.... Does that make any sense? "

No. He is dead. It therefore makes no sense at all ...
Vote Placed by boredinclass 5 years ago
boredinclass
shakiisueteenItsallovernowTied
Vote Placed by Itsallovernow 6 years ago
Itsallovernow
shakiisueteenItsallovernowTied
Vote Placed by Loserboi 6 years ago
Loserboi
shakiisueteenItsallovernowTied