skinsfan10
dkpokusaev

Italian pizza is better than American pizza.

skinsfan10
Started: 3/15/2014 Category: Places-Travel

skinsfan10

Pro

This past summer, I went on a Mediterranean cruise. We spent most of our time in Italy, going to Pisa, Florence, Rome, Naples, Pompeii, and Venice. Naples, in case you didn't know, is the birthplace of pizza, so naturally, we had to stop there to try some. The pizza was phenomenal. Real mozzarella glued to authentic crust with chunky tomato sauce.
Upon our return to America, we were disappointed and disgusted to find what horrors lay within a flat cardboard box. The cheese was obviously not real, and the crust was so thick that I should call it a loaf instead of crust. Is there anyone out there who actually thinks that American pizza is higher quality than authentic Italian pizza?
dkpokusaev

Con

ammerican pizza is less expensive
skinsfan10

Pro

I'm not talking about the prices, though. What I said was, "Is there anyone out there who actually thinks that American pizza is higher quality than Italian Pizza?". I never said anything about prices of pizza, just the actual tastes involved. Even so, just for fun, I will humor your argument. When 'average price of pizza in USA' is Google searched, the fourth result says $16.13. However, when 'average price of pizza in Italy' is Google searched, the second result shows that a whole pizza in Italy hovers around 9-10 euros. To show that I'm right by more than a little, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that a real, authentic Italian pizza costs 10 euros. When converted to American dollars, 10 euros becomes $13.90. In case you couldn't figure it out, that means that the Italian average is $2.23 less than the American average of $16.13. You may now consider your argument shut down. But thank you for keeping your Round One argument concise.
dkpokusaev

Con

i like Italian pizza but it is very very hard to find one
skinsfan10

Pro

It's not that hard to find if you're actually in Italy.
dkpokusaev

Con

but real italian pizza in amperica is hard to find and it is expensive compare to other once
skinsfan10

Pro

I see. So basically, for you, it's about accessibility and price rather than the actual quality of the pizza. However, what would you do if a real Italian chef cooked a real Italian pizza for you with real Italian ingredients and an American chef made an American-style pizza for you? Which one would you choose? Keep in mind that in this scenario, both are right at your table, both are free, and you can only choose one. Make a decision and give your reasons why.
dkpokusaev

Con

no argument
skinsfan10

Pro

In addition, Naples is the birthplace of pizza, so it stands to reason that they would make the best. In any subject or category, the original will always be the best of its type. I'm sure that Italian people would fully agree that we've butchered their recipe to make it our own, and a pizza made by an American chef can never quite live up to the expectation of real, authentic, Italian pizza.

Please vote Pro and help me make my first debate here a success.
dkpokusaev

Con

no argument
Posted by skinsfan10 2 years ago
skinsfan10
I hope everyone knows that I'm not just trying to be a butt about this. I'm actually interested to see what dkpokusaev (Con)'s reasons are.
Posted by dkpokusaev 2 years ago
dkpokusaev
I acchualy like italian one more
Posted by bettabreeder 2 years ago
bettabreeder
Thank You Pro You actually understand me!!
Posted by B0NEDUDE 2 years ago
B0NEDUDE
As I understand, authentic "pizza" is actually a Pie filled w/ meat, vegetables & sauce with a Seared Cheese head/top.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Hmmm, you'll have to find an opponent who has also been to Italy. This is a very subjective topic...
Vote Placed by Ozzyhead 2 years ago
Ozzyhead
skinsfan10dkpokusaevTied
Reasons for voting decision: The Con should have been a person who has tried both. Also, Con should have been someone that enjoys pizza. Pro did not have to do much to win in my eyes