It's Better to have Feet for Hands than have Hands for Feet

Started: 3/16/2016 Category: Funny

This debate forms round 3 of the outlaw tournament created by Wylted.

I Pro will argue that is better to replace your hands with feet than replace your feet with hands.

My opponent (Con) will argue that it is better to replace your feet with hands than replace your hands with feet

Round structure:

R1: Acceptance
R2 - R4: Arguments with or without rebuttals
R5: Conclusion - no new sources

Rules: 18+, min of 3 completed debates, ranked higher than me, no forfeits allowed.

Please only accept if you think you have good arguments to make

Good luck Con!

Considering the abilities of hands, I would have to defer that Hands for feet would be way better.

It is way better to have feet where your hands are rather than hands where your feet are. Just take a look at the picture below and ask yourself which is creepier, her arms or her legs?

Does this man look approachable? (see link below)

Now look at these pictures below and tell me honestly what you think?

Let's be realistic, if you have hands for feet, your feet will look tiny. People will definitely laugh at you, especially women as they'd think you have a tiny penis, you know what they think of men with tiny feet don't you? Revealing your hand feet would only make the situation worse e.g. you may become known as the Monkey Man.

Meanwhile not many people would laugh at someone with feet for hands, they'd simply think it is a disability even though it isn't and actually be kinder towards me. I might even get disability allowance. - you can still drive - still play the guitar - still eat food

I admit people might not want to shake my foot, however that is not important and unhygienic anyway. Sticking a foot hand out for a handshake and watching people's reaction when they grip a foot instead makes up for that and I'd get millions of youtube hits if that was filmed. Women would definitely remember me, and might see if my hand feet are ticklish too, whereas they wouldn't go anywhere near a man with four hands.

There's no real disadvantages of having feet for hands, if it's cold I'll put an extra pair of socks on, if someone picks on me I could quite easily kick them in the face or say 'hey this bloke over here is making fun of my disability'.

Over to Con

Well, my opponent believes attractiveness is everything. Apparently, because hands for feet isn't pretty then it isn't good. It's all about what you want to use your hands for. Even though hybrids are ugly they are good and efficient, aren't they(Well, the cars are. The drivers...well).

It is more difficult to grip things with the feet. How would you: Open or lock a door? Climb a ladder? Do a handstand? Grab popcorn with movie girlfriend without licking in between your feet, causing you to giggle, in the middle of a sad scene of a drama flick?

At least hands for feet get covered up 24-7 with shoes. Socks on your feet-hands? No way, hose! Also, being called a monkey is a compliment. I would now be able catch a baseball with my feet? Climb trees? Do a handstand right side up :D! Also, since feet are statistically more unsanitary then hands, I can grab four things at once, making the statement "I only have two hands" no longer an excuse.

It may not be pretty, but it least it's a covered up, multi-tooled, cleaner, less hairy and sweaty(Unless you are doing the naughty). You could technically be taller with hands for feet because the bending of the hands would allow you to push up your body weight while standing.

So really, even if hands arent't as cool, there's so much more you can do with hands, and so much less you can do with feet.

Over to pro.

I understand that your own opinion of yourself is more important than what other people think however the two are linked. It is very hard to feel good about yourself when you look creepy due to having hands for feet. People will call you names, laugh at you a lot, avoid you etc. Even if you enjoy having extra hands, and love to climb trees, people who do envy you will call you nasty names. This would make everything less enjoyable.

You seem to think life will be harder if you have feet for hands, but there is nothing that someone with just feet can do especially when technology is available. The video below shows how easy it is to open a door using a foot

Here's a video showing how to climb without hands (climbing ladders is much simpler)

Obviously you can't do a handstand if you haven't got hands. A footstand would be easier though, and you can do it for longer since pressure won't be exerted on a small area.

Licking my own feet will not cause me to giggle, I can't laugh even when I try to tickle my feet.

The problem with putting shoes on is, they will look tiny! People will say you have little girl feet. The people who call you a monkey will also call you a freak, a lower animal etc, so you'll know they are not giving you a compliment. And if you saw a ball coming towards you why would you use one of your hand-feet when you can you use two hands? People will think you're a show off, and not want to praise you. Feet are only statistically more unsanitary because people use hands to eat, and do just about everything, so of course people wash them more often.

You say you can do four things at once because you have four hands but can your brain? Multitasking doesn't really exist"it's a pernicious illusion. You'll want to do more things but feel disappointed that you can't, perhaps the only good thing you'd be able do is juggle.

'We think that we're doing all these things at once but the brain doesn't work that way. Every three or four seconds we switch to another thing, we are paying attention to one thing and then the next and then the next and then we come back around again to the first. All of that switching comes at a neurobiological cost. It depletes essential neuro-resources that you need for actually doing things and thinking things.' [1]

You can't make yourself taller and more attractive either; try doing a handstand with your fingers, fingers can't take your whole body weight without breaking.

I challenge my opponent to find something that someone can't do with their feet but which they can with their hands. So far nothing is impossible, and the only difference is; having hands for feet makes your life a living hell.

I'm sorry, but this debate is absolutely retarded.

I think my opponent is just saying this because he hates the fact that he thought it would be better to just have hands.

For my final argument I could stroke a woman's leg under the table with one of my feet to excite her, if my opponent tried to flirt like this she'd think a spider was crawling up her leg.

Normerican forfeited this round.

If you have feet for hands you will be more approachable than if you have hands for feet, possibly more attractive. People will treat you like a person, praise you, support and love you. There is no task you can't do and technology can remove any difficulties. Also, provided you wash your feet-hands they will be just as clean as washed hands.

I suspect my opponent will break one of the rules again, so I will make this conclusion on his behalf which he can choose to accept or accept via forfeiting:

If you have hands for feet you can wear tiny shoes, although people will still laugh at you, make jokes and avoid you, you can play with monkeys, climb trees, and brag about being able to grab four things at once. People won't want to feel envious of you, and so may ask you to do things for them or disrespect you, however you can have lots of fun on your own doing things like handstands and telling people who don't have hands "let's see you do that?"

Hope you have enjoyed the debate. Vote Pro!

Normerican forfeited this round.
Posted by Rami 6 months ago
C'mon, Pro, why'd you post porn?
Posted by RainbowDash52 6 months ago
This was a fun debate to read. Good job Pro!
Posted by mostlogical 7 months ago
# Normerican - that's fine, you have just shown your position, feet have abilities too, I'll be posting my argument once I write it up. Hope to have a fun debate
Posted by Normerican 7 months ago
By the way, that was just acceptance.
Posted by K-Lew 7 months ago
This debate is retarded. That is all.
Posted by mostlogical 7 months ago
sorry, I've edited the title to make it clearer now, I believe it is better to have feet where your hands are rather than have hands where your feet are.
Posted by MagicAintReal 7 months ago
I'm afraid there's a slight disconnect between the title resolution and the round 1 resolution.

The title reads "feet replacing arms is better than hands replacing legs"
but the round 1 resolution reads "feet replacing hands is better than hands replacing feet"
Which is the debate?
1. feet-->arms, hands-->legs
2. feet-->hands, hands-->feet
Posted by MagicAintReal 7 months ago
Awesome debate topic!
Posted by binkie 7 months ago
I really, really want to debate this! I have good points, but I can't accept since I just made this new account on really want to do this though.
Posted by Rami 7 months ago
I want this.
Vote Placed by RainbowDash52 6 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gets conduct because Con called the debate retarded and then double forfeited. Sources: Pro cited images showing that people with feet for hands and hands for feet that made it obvious that feet for hands look better. Pro also cited videos of people doing things with their feet that Con argued you needed hands for. Con did not cite any sources, so Pro gets sources.