HELLO_THOMAS
Waffle

It's Hard To Be A Youtuber

Started: 5/22/2015 Category: TV

HELLO_THOMAS

Pro

Youtube videos can be hard to make, think of, and create. Now days there are many videos out there so its hard to be original. Unless you're like RedBull and you have an extreme sport you can film and make interesting its hard to get views and an audience. Creating videos cost money. Yes there is "good screen recorders" but truly, are they really that great.? Most of them are crappy, lag and load into a format that your editor cant read.
Do conclude Youtube really IS a job and It would be great to hear someone say differently.
Waffle

Con

Hello, I hope we can be debate appropriately.
I started doing Youtube Videos and I started at 0. Now I have 6k views total and 20 subs since last year.
It's true that starting off can be bad and hard but we all have to start somewhere, even redbull had to start somewhere.
It is hard for a beginner to get views, but that's the beauty of it. If all averge low youtubers get high views then either
1) All average popular youtubers will get even higher views
2) There is no popular youtubers.

Yes, it cost money and if you don't have good equipment, you're pretty much on your own.
You mention that most "good screen recorders" are bad. If that's the case, how do people like PewDiePie record their screens? It takes powerful equipment to do it and hard work.
Even taking the bus or the train cost money, everything cost money.
So is being a Youtuber hard? It depends, the motion doesn't define what "Youtuber" means. So I will assume Youtuber means "Average guy who uploads video on Youtube sometimes"
Yes, there is lot's of competition, but old, popular Youtubers are dying out. Smosh was a hit back in the late 2000s/ early 2010s but now they get around 2 millions view when before their average view was 5 million.
HELLO_THOMAS

Pro

Thanks for replying :)

But do you think PewDiePie records his screen with a recorder that he just downloaded? What I'm trying to say is that being a YouTuber is not just something you can make money out of (like a job) but you need to really work hard and continue creating interesting things that people want to watch. Yes, there is the exception on people who get a viral video but that isn't the point I'm trying to make.

BTW send me a link of your YT channel and I'll go watch some of your videos :)
Waffle

Con

Waffle forfeited this round.
HELLO_THOMAS

Pro

Hi waffles :) Dont want to post your channel :) ok! I think this debate is done. should have made it an opinion instead of a debate but never mind. :) thanks for taking me up on this,

Thomas
Waffle

Con

Waffle forfeited this round.
HELLO_THOMAS

Pro

HELLO_THOMAS forfeited this round.
Waffle

Con

Waffle forfeited this round.
HELLO_THOMAS

Pro

HELLO_THOMAS forfeited this round.
Waffle

Con

Waffle forfeited this round.
Posted by ImmortalVoddoler 1 year ago
ImmortalVoddoler
Being a youtuber isn't hard, but being a POPULAR youtuber is hard. Otherwise everyone would be a popular youtuber. The popular ones need to put more money into their videos in order to stay popular.
My advice for this would be to never go in with the mindset of "I am going to be a successful youtuber." Instead, go in with the mindset of "I'm gonna do something that I find interesting and upload a couple videos of it."
This is because smiling/laughing, even through the shield of a computer screen, is contagious. If you go in with the "Successful Robot" mindset, smiling/laughing will happen less.