NoahIsRight
Thescarecrow066

Its bad to be gay

Thescarecrow066

NoahIsRight

Pro

My argument is that its bad to be gay. Its WRONG to be gay because its a perversion of the God created natural order, but that debate is for another day. I'm here today to debate why its BAD.

The first reason its bad is because its statistically proven that homosexual men live around 20 years shorter than straight men. Besides that, both anal and oral sex can cause serious viruses including genital warts, gonorrhea and HIV to name a few.

As well as the fact that homosexuals are 2-6 times more likely to attempt suicide, with 50% saying they've attempted it twice. Some say they're depressed from discrimination, but with all these acceptance movements that hard to believe.

I would just like to make it clear now that I am not anti-homosexuals, just anti-homosexuality. I don't want to force them to become straight, I just want them to know the side-effects of a homosexual lifestyle. That's all.
Thescarecrow066

Con

I will accept, I'm not supporting of any anti or pro homosexual remarks.

What does it matter? Does it affect you in anyway? It is the choice of a human, not by someone else. If someone wants to be homosexual then what does it matter? Love is love, it's not up to others to decide. It's not bad either. Homosexual men or women are still human beings. They deserve as much respect as any normal person.

Anal and oral sex, not to mention any other kind of sex is dangerous and can cause genital warts, HIV, any other type of sexual disease, it isn't just homosexuals who experience STD's you know?
NoahIsRight

Pro

Of course I know. But these homosexual males are actually the main group affected by HIV. Besides, only straights can have vaginal which is the safest (because duh, its natural)

I suppose in america, they have the right to be gay... Im just trying to get the word out that its seriously bad.
Thescarecrow066

Con

Sources? You can't just make a claim about homosexuals being at a higher risk of STDs without any real sources to back up your claim, all groups, including straight and homosexual males can both have an equal chance to receive STDs, it is not a homosexual exclusive disease, Im well aware that only straights can have vaginal sex. I also know it is natural.

It isn't seriously bad either, its perfectly fine, it is their life choice.
NoahIsRight

Pro

https://en.wikipedia.org... take a look at this article. And just do a quick search. Gays get are more likely to get stds than straights
Thescarecrow066

Con

You do realize that Wikipedia is not a very reliable source? http://isites.harvard.edu...

Now to get back on topic, Just because someone is more vulnerable to STDs doesn't necessarily mean that it is bad. It is still love, and people can search for love any which way they want. Just because they are more likely to get STDs from sexual actions, which they don't even need to have sex in the first place, and condoms can limit the spread of STDs. https://www.cdc.gov...

Now, like I have said it is a choice,no matter how bad it is, it is their choice.

Glad to debate this topic with you by the way!
Posted by Enferno 1 year ago
Enferno
"...statistically proven that homosexual men live around 20 years shorter than straight men..."
Source needed.

"Besides that, both anal and oral sex can cause serious viruses including genital warts, gonorrhea and HIV to name a few."
This is a risk taken by ALL humans who engage in such sexual pleasure.
It is not an exclusive risk to those who are homosexual.

"As well as the fact that homosexuals are 2-6 times more likely to attempt suicide, with 50% saying they've attempted it twice." Source(s) needed.

Claims for premises are poorly formulated and presented.
At least a round of the opposing view will be spent dismissing claims or requesting the sources for claims.
Posted by RR-5L8S 1 year ago
RR-5L8S
Your argument with STD's can be applied to any sexuality, given they participate in sexual activity. I would cite the fact that on average homosexuals have reported having more sexual partners, and therefore it is likely more exposure to these infections.
Vote Placed by Political.Questioneer 1 year ago
Political.Questioneer
NoahIsRightThescarecrow066Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The pro had an uphill battle in this debate and fell down before hitting the summit. With the lack of evidence especially in a religious case which needs is already skeptical due to the many different translations of the bible. However, with side remarks and comments like "duh it's natural", poor pickings of the one source that he has found, and in comparison to the con much worse grammar and spelling this one is a landslide for the Con. Con 7-0