TheUntrueFantasy
ViolentPeace

It's bad when Children sexually experimenting on each other.

TheUntrueFantasy

Con

Personally i don't see the problem with children sexually experiment on each other. I think most children would do it if they were not hold back by grown ups. When i was young and probably many others here can relate to my story, i had some sexual desires and i experimented with a girl at the same age as me. I was probably about 6 years old. I felt really bad at that time, because i felt there was something wrong with me because grown ups made me believe that me having sexual desires was not normal and sex was some taboo that i should not be exposed to . Now when i have grown up, i can reflect on my experience and i know that there was nothing wrong with me. Most kids go through something similar. I don't think it is healthy for kids to go through this. I also think painting sex as some kind of taboo to our kids makes those kids grow up always feeling in some way that sex is something to be ashamed of. They start calling each other sluts for having to much sex, telling each other sex should only be to procreate, make fun of people for having some kinky sex. in other words, i think a lot of our social problems come because we aren't honest to kids about sex, we hide it and talk around it. We confuse them and often they stay confused and ashamed.
ViolentPeace

Pro

I don't agree with most of the things my Con has said. It is just not right for children as old as 6 years old to experiment anything related to sex whatsoever. Do you think that a child with 6 years old knows has the total conscious of what he is doing and why he is doing it? It's just not right at all. Children with that age are to live their childhood, play around with their friends but never to have any sort of sexual relationship with any girl or boy. Due to the fact that the child didn't develop his conscious enough to know the consequences of his act he might regret of the sexual relationship he had with 6 years old forever and be ashamed of it. I will agree with you in one thing though, the fact that sex is seen as a taboo is extremely ridiculous. Sex is a natural and normal thing that should be taught and talked to children with no taboos.
TheUntrueFantasy

Con

I agree i don't think 6 year old's are totally conscious of what they are doing (well actually no one is, but i know what you are getting at), that's why i think we should try our best to educate the child and be honest, not dance around the truth but tell the child what you really think and why. I think the only harm that the child gets from experimenting with sex at that age is social damage. People would make the child think it did something wrong when in fact it did not do anything wrong or harmful to anyone, the kid will feel like there is something wrong with him/her because society would convince him/her that his/her actions or thoughts were not normal even tho they are normal. If you take those societal influences away i would argue that the harm would also go. The harm comes from the society not from the child, so the society is doing what is harmful. Not the act of the child. It's like if two gay people feel bad for being gay, because everybody in society looks down on them, then you would not say that being gay is harmful, you would say that society is harming gay people for being gay and society should change not gay people.

I think we are doing the same with kids, kids are curious about their genitalia and they feel good when they touch them self and they will experiment on each other whether we like it or not and holding them back and saying it is wrong, is not healthy. Society makes them feel bad for having their own biology.

when you say 'It's just not right at all. Children with that age are to live their childhood, play around with their friends' i can't help feeling that you feel its wrong because the thought of two children experimenting with sex disgusts you. You might think of them as innocent little angles and you feel like them having sex robs them of their innocence. Well first of all feeling something is disgusting is not a good argument against something, i might feel like the thought of old people having sex is disgusting but i would not say its wrong, if i were to make that argument i would have to explain why old people having sex causes more harm then good, which it doesn't and about kids being robbed of their innocence by having sex. Well sex is not a terrible thing, kids would still be innocent because they had not done anything harmful or bad.

I recommend looking into 'Cambodian fathers build sex huts for their nine to 13-year-old daughters' on google. It shows a group of people that built huts for their kid's to have sex in and this society has no rape problems. I would say they are more advanced than us when it comes to sex. The kids there aren't dealing with the same problems that a kid from U.S.A for example would deal with if they had sex. Those kids don't feel bad or ashamed for what they do. They feel normal and more confident about their sexuality and are less judgmental on others when it comes to sex.

I want to ask you one question.
1. If you would learn that kids experimenting with sex was not harmful for the child, if it was socially accepted, would you still hold your position and if so why? What if it was good for the child given that it was socially accepted?

What i mostly want to hear from your side of the argument is why you think children experimenting with sex is harmful for the child.
ViolentPeace

Pro

ViolentPeace forfeited this round.
TheUntrueFantasy

Con

well i'm still waiting for a response
ViolentPeace

Pro

I withdraw, this is ridiculous.