It's ok to be lesbian, bisexual, or gay

Thanks for whoever will accept this debate, first round will be for acceptance

I accept, and thank my opponent for creating this debate.

Many people think that likeing the same gender is a choise, but people are people, and each and everyone of us have the right to be who we are. Why do people Judge one another's feelings? People have to mind their own business and move on, if you don't like someone being gay, do not talk to them but respect them for who they are. Speaking as bisexual myself, I had many bumps in the road with haters and homophobics, but I learned that I am who I am and that it is ok to be gay. Even these links prove it:

I thank my opponent for her opening statements. I will refrain from rebuting in order to keep this debate fair. Anyway I will begin with my oppening statements. It will be seperated into 3 main parts:

• Definitions
    • Contentions
    • Conclusion

Homosexual: "sexually attracted to people of the same sex" [1]

Bisexual : "sexually attracted to both men and women" [2]

Ok : "fairly good : not very good or very bad" [3]

So we understand definitions now. The one we must remember the most is "ok". For something to be "ok" it would have to be perfectly non very good or very bad. In some cases homosexuality or bisexuality is very good, demolishing the adjective of "ok" from it. Also in some cases, homosexuality and bisexuality is very bad, which once again removes the adjective of "ok". So it is simply impossible for such to be "ok". I will be explaining my main contention of homosexualty being wrong. I will only be explaining such in order to save arguments for my later arguments.

There are actually many, many wrongs in homosexuality. The thing is however that people are too ignorant to accept them. Some people constantly say "anyone can love whoever they want", but this is completly wrong. Saying such is also saying that I can marry my sister, or a horse, I can't! It's for the simple reason that it is unhealthy.

Though most people can't admit it, but homosexuality and bisexuality is unhealthy. Because of the higher testosterones in homosexuals and bisexualls, they have more sexual intercorse. Homosexual intercorse is dangerous, because it provides a higher chance of STD's. This is very bad.

" Lesbians are also at higher risk for STDs. In addition to diseases that may be transmitted during lesbian sex, a study at an Australian STD clinic found that lesbians were three to four times more likely than heterosexual women to have sex with men who were high-risk for HIV." [4]

Furthermore, they have a smaller lifespan. This is very bad, because you lose a great amount of your life. Because of such, you leave your lover earlie.

"The only epidemiological study to date on the life span of gay men concluded that gay and bisexual men lose up to 20 years of life expectancy." [4]

And to finish off, it can also lead to physical injuries. Homosexuals and bisexuals tend to be more aggresive. Because of such, abuse if possible to occur, leading in more physical damage. This is very bad, because it is hurting people around you.

In conclusion of this contention, homosexuality and bisexuality lead to physical, mental, and health issues. Because of such, homosexuality and bisexuality is very bad.

For my next contention, I will explain how it goes against various people. Homosexuality is very ignorant, because they ignore the beliefs of plenty religions.

There are various verses in the bible against homosexuality.

Leviticus 18:22
"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin." (NLT) [7]

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense." (NLT) [7]

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
"Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people-none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." (NLT) [7]

Homosexuals and people who support homosexuality seem very ignorant when it comes to this subject. They constantly create excuses such as "the bible is wrong" or "God loves all his children". Now the thing about God loving all his children is true, however that does not mean he loves what they are doing. Being gay, you are going against him, and everyone who supports God. Because of such, you are practically going against the 32% of the world that is christian. [5] Now we know that there is 7 billion people in the world. [6] So 32% of the world is around 2 billion people. That is alot. So being homosexual, you are going against the beliefs of over 2 billion people. And this is very bad.

You are going against the beliefs of billions. There is no excuse for that. Homosexuals fail to ignore the fact that they are opposing billions. They simply say "the bible is wrong". But if the bible is wrong then why does the president have to have his right hand on it when he says his oath? Even if the bible is wrong (which it isn't) homosexuality still opposes the people. Because of such homosexuality is very bad.

In conclusion, be homosexual or bisexual it immoral and wrong, therfore incapable of being "ok". It is unhealthy, and opposive. However homosexuals and supporters of such remain ignorant, and create various excuses. So homosexuality is wrong, and what homosexuals and bisexuals are doing is wrong. In other words, very bad not ok.

7. The bible.

I see your point with the religion, but even some people, let's use Christians for example, still have lesbians, bisexuals, and gays in their religion. The religion does not matter, what matters is how the person feels. And about it being "unhealthy", it is always safe to be who you are as long as you protect yourself. For example, I know it's kind of gross but sex, you can use certain treatments to prevent a sickness from happening.

Thank you for the response. This round will be separated into 2 quick sections,

• Rebuttals
    • Closing statements

I) II) " And about it being "unhealthy", it is always safe to be who you are as long as you protect yourself. For example, I know it's kind of gross but sex, you can use certain treatments to prevent a sickness from happening."

Once again, inaccuracy. First of all, some health issues can not be reversed, like the greater chance of having a lower lifespan. And even if you are to do special treatments, they may involve various things such as radiation, which is unhealthy. Because of such, homosexuality is very bad.

Now that I have made my opponent's rebuttals incorrect, I will finish off with my closing statements.

Closing statements
This is more of a conclusion. In conclusion, being homosexual or bisexual provides dangerous health problems. Furthermore, you are going against the beliefs of billions. Because of such, homosexuality and bisexuality is incable of being just "ok". It can be very good or very bad, but no "ok" because it cannot remain on equal ground.

Posted by Jabuticaba 2 years ago
DARN! my last argument glitches, I had written another rebuttal, but it was removed.
Posted by Jabuticaba 2 years ago
The thing is that this subject is very vague. Since she did not give clarification, or establish strict rules, it is impossible for her to win. In some areas it is not okay to be gay, like in religion, therefore whoever accepts this debate automatically wins.
Posted by POPOO5560 2 years ago
its right that people have their choice... but it can be opposite to nature,logic,religion,math,science etc... being christain muslim or jew you cant be a gay and critizing your own religion at the same time, every aspect in life has rules. fuuny thing is there are religious people and the same time they are gays. if you are a gay dont contradict your faith first.
Posted by Kleptin 2 years ago
Define "OK".
Posted by Jackthemarine86 2 years ago
Are you speaking of orientation or behavior?
Vote Placed by PiercedPanda 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: This was an interesting debate. I believe con had better arguments, that were more convincing. He effectively explained how homosexuality though not going against religion still goes against people, which makes it bad. He had various arguments, including health as well, whereas pro only explains how people can like whoever. Pro effectively countered her arguments. In the end, con had better sources, including a website about health risks, and quoting directly from the bible, giving him points for more reliable sources.
Vote Placed by YYW 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: PRO argued that being LGB[T] is ok. CON offered insufficient religious reasons, and inaccurate health reasons which did not prove that being LGB[T] is not ok. PRO rebutted that CON just thought being gay was gross, but that was not a good enough reason. CON reiterated his priorly mentioned bad reasons. Narrow, but decisive win for PRO.