It's time Jesus finished the job

It’s over two thousand years since God sent his son, Jesus, down to Earth to enlighten humanity and make sure everybody signed up to Christianity, but he only managed to convert a small number of people before the Jews killed him.
Notwithstanding this, some of his followers wrote his biography, which they called The New Testament and cleverly sold free with the Bible in order to spread the word. These early Christian evangelists peddled the Good Book around Europe and beyond and it eventually became a best-seller, and now 32% of the world’s population have read it and identify themselves as “Christian”.
However, that still leaves over two thirds of mankind either not religious or signed up to rival religions such as Islam and Hinduism, and what’s more, Christianity is in decline. And no wonder - the clergymen are out of control and are running about getting drunk and raping young boys, the Pope has been forced to resign, and widespread access to scientific information is making preachers look like a bunch superstitious fools, so God can hardly blame disillusioned Christians for renouncing their faith and signing up to atheism or one of the competitors' faiths.
Clearly, things have got to change, and fast. Of course I understand that Jesus must have been quite upset when one of his disciples grassed him up to the Jews and he got crucified, but surely two millennia is enough time to get over it? I say Jesus needs to stop snivelling like some spoilt little nancy-boy, dry his eyes and get back down to Earth to finish the job he started two thousand years ago.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you

What happened last time God came down? We crucified him. God cannot just let that pass, he has to show us who's boss. He should let us struggle a little longer.

God needs to invest in our future. Many times he's tried to help us stupid and puny humans, and every time we've thrown it in his face. He cleaned our room and we left cig butts, Frosty Jacks bottles, roaches and puke stained clothes all over the floor the next day. Maybe after a while of stewwing in our own filth we'll clean up after our selves.

Free will

If everyone wins, then how will the casino make money? There needs to be some losers. If God reveals himself in the modern age then the evidence will be clear. Somehow (don't ask me how, let the brainbox God figure it out), he'd be able to prove he is who he says he is, and not some powerful alien imposter. He'd also be able to make use all follow and love him. This creates a problem. Heaven's meant to be VIP, the white suit club, if everyone got in, then suddenly God isn't cool anymore.

Meme culture

Meme culture's bad enough without Jesus 2.0 becoming one. No explaination needed.

Area 51

Last time God may have had the freedom to perform miricles, but this time he'd be locked away in area 51 for testing. Aliens got nothin' on Jesus 2.0.

Game over

I'm pretty sure when God comes to Earth again, it's judgement day. Sure when you get a new video game you want to complete it, but once you do you realise it isn't the destination that's important, but the journey. So when God comes down, he's turning on God mode, and boy does that become old quick.

God made a classic, he can't top his last creation this time around. Leave the original alone!

Jesus was classy. If Jesus 2.0 comes, he's profess swag. Very uncool.

I know I haven't laid out many arguments here, but I believe they will suffice. God, if you can hear me (who am I kidding, of course you can, you can even hear my thoughs... creepy), please, please don't send down Jesus 2.0, at least give it another 500 years or so.

Thank you, and in Gods best wishes, in the name of original Jesus, for absolving original sin and providing modern sin, vote con! :D

I should like to thank Albino Bunny for responding to this important ecumenical debate with the respect and dignity that it duly deserves, and I should like to reply to the points he raised as follows:

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you...what happened last time God came down? We crucified him..."

No, that was the Jews, and he showed them who was boss in Germany 70-odd years ago. Personally, I think He went a bit too far, since none of them could have been directly responsible for Jesus' crucifixion, but the Good Book does say that "the sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons, and the sons of sons", so I suppose His actions were Biblically justified.

"Responsibility...maybe after a while of stewing in our own filth we'll clean up after our selves."

If we are speaking literally here, I will have you know that I am a paragon of virtue as far as being clean and tidy is concerned, plus, I employee a cleaner to do those tedious chores that I don't have the time or inclination to do myself, so I should go to Heaven using the VIP Fast-Track Lane in this case.

However, if we are speaking spiritually, then God should recognise that Jesus didn't do his job of guiding us properly because we are still making a mess of the world on a wholesale basis.

"Free will...if everyone wins, then how will the casino make money?"

Yes, there will be winners and losers - the winners will be the punters who have lost their shirts at the casino and the losers will be the cheating gangsters that run them - for does not the Good Book say "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to go to Heaven" or something like that? And anyway, even poor people can scrub up quite nicely and look smart in a freshly-pressed white suit.

"Meme culture's bad enough without Jesus 2.0 becoming one."

But that's progress for you: does not the Good Book say "No man can stand in the way of progress"?

"Area 51...this time he'd be locked away in area 51 for testing."

This would be merely a precautionary measure: as soon as his credentials were verified, having been made to do some amazing miracles (not walking on water or doing tricks with loaves and fishes, David Blaine can do that sort of thing using smoke and mirrors) - I mean something truly spectacular like turning Nevada Desert into a lush paradise by fertilising it with his divine excrement or extinguishing an erupting volcano by dousing it with his holy urine.

"Game over...when God comes to Earth again, it's judgement day."

But that would be very unfair on the people who Jesus hadn't got round to enlightening, for does not the Good Book say "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life". That rather implies that the Hindus, Jews, Muslims, tree-dwelling savages of Borneo and everybody else who has not converted will perish.

On the other hand, the Bible also says ""Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord. And again, the Lord will judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" so perhaps God is a racist? But even if he is, there are still a lot of white non-believers left to convert.

"Remakes...God made a classic, he can't top his last creation this time around. Leave the original alone!"

The same could be said of the original Jaguar E-Type with a straight-six engine but the later V12-powered versions are the more sought after models. I rest my case.

"Classy...Jesus was classy. If Jesus 2.0 comes, he's profess swag. Very uncool."

Sadly, due to being middle-aged and British, I am unfamiliar with the parlance of American youths so this comment meant very little to me, but I suspect Jesus will have the sense not to return looking the same as he did 2,000 years ago - long hair and beards, and gowns and sandals are no longer fashionable these days, except in Saudi Arabia.

In conclusion, we didn't ask to be born into this world, God created the universe together with all creatures great and small, including us humans, so it is the responsibility of God and His son, Jesus, to look out for us. Personally, I'd rather not have be born than inadvertently mess up and spend eternity burning in Hell, just because Jesus couldn't be bothered to come down and show me the true path to righteousness and salvation.

No, it's time God discharged His duties to mankind, went to Jesus' bedroom and told him to stop moping about feeling sorry for himself and to get back down to Earth to finish the job he was given two thousand years ago.

Vote Pro. Thank you.

AlbinoBunny forfeited this round.
Posted by giraffelover 3 years ago
Posted by ChaosAgape 3 years ago
Ill let you know giraffelover.
Posted by giraffelover 3 years ago
If you do, please let me know how it goes. Go, Chaos!
Posted by ChaosAgape 3 years ago
One day, I will have to get your email devient, so that we can be religion and science debate rivals. The way I see it is that it can only help you to furthermore become stronger and stronger in your faith against religion, and belief in science. Mine is {{{CHAOSAGAPE (at) Y-a-h-o-o-. com.}}}} If you want to be mutilated, pulverized, and slapped into back into religious shape. You can drop me your response to my answers that I just gave you.
Posted by ChaosAgape 3 years ago
Think about this too. How many people do you know ( and I am talk about YOU), that are as scientific as you are, and if you had to guess how many people in the world or just in America, statistically, out of every 10 people would you say knew science like you do. If I had to guess, I would say something like maybe every 2 or 3 people out of every 10th person in America knows science like you do.

I would like to also ask whose fault is that? The people who run this country, and not just that either, but the teachers and faculty of schools nowadays. This mostly, kind of, all boils down to politics and crap like that. If you want to make such a change like you say, this is the path you need to seek. A position of power like this, because they are the ones who aren't enforcing all of these things you say. Most of those who are in political power who say they are religious, aren't. I know, I know, without proof where are you getting your information. I am only assuming this because of the things that most of these people in that position of power do everyday that go against any religion out there except for maybe satanism.
Posted by ChaosAgape 3 years ago
Sometimes you do say some funny things. I do understand that there are many religious leaders who are, somewhat, off of their rocker. This is definite, but this is also definite for so many other people. I know that you look at religion as holding the world back from greatness, or something of that nature, and in some aspects in life, it is holding us back. I just wanted to say that religion isnt the cause of delusionalism, or psychosis, and any other form of strange and/or crazy. That blame goes totally towards the human condition. It is humanity that possesses the potiential to become delusional, psychotic, crazy, disfunctional, retarded, stupid, full of greed, lust, pride, sloth, rage, gluttony, envy, and many more other things. Science, alone, is not going to solve this particular human equation. If it were up to science alone, the world as we know it would probably not even exist anymore. Because after all, where did all the morality, ethics, law, and personal values first become inspired from. The bible. Sure, back in those days it actually might have been a ploy in order to help contain and control the masses, but I do still know that it is true. I dont believe everything in the bible, because there are somethings that sounds as though man wrote it, and then that are some things that are profound which have a higher power, or state of consciousness, type of feel too it. Also in those days all there was, was religion, alone, and it didn't work out. Wars broke out, as you already know, and it was actually more dangerous, probably, to live in those days than it is now.

I think that we are fine just like we are now, with religion and science, among other things. Religion keeps us at a slower pace, and Science wants to speed us up. It is balanced, because if it were just science, in the beginning. Just imagine what war would have been like then. We would still be in a nuclear holocaust, and civilization and law probably wouldnt exist.
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
Religious lesaders are psychotic. Religious followers are delusional victims who deny human rights based on old doctrine.

I appreciate the small mind that assumes questioning lifes origins equates to hate. Its the small mind of the religious that the leaders prey upon, so congrats, your mind is small enough to be brainwashed into believing the reason for the sub atomic world had a human sacrifice and resurrection.

as far as spritiual and other nonsense towards a god, there are No deits if there were never any theists.

Without theism there is NO DEISM :)

So you are spiritual towards a god from a fable in the first place.

Deism is theism on its way to atheism :)

Youre almost there chaos, a little more thinkng and research and you can call yourself a man of tomorrow.

Tomorrows man in 500 yrs will laugh at god like a leprechaun at the end of a rainbow, and finally the world will have caught up to the cool kids :)
Posted by ChaosAgape 3 years ago
Dont worry devient, Ofcourse Im sure that you are not, but you will one day understand. Your hate will eventually bring you to understanding one day, and then, maybe, we might just be speaking in a different tone ( I wont to emphasize MAYBE, because it is all up to you what you do with the knowledge that you come to understand). After all, "All that are emotions are seeded through a the entity which is LOVE." -me- (my own personal quote I created through my life experiences, which I have come to learn). Oh yeah, you might have expected this sooner or later, but what is LOVE. Yeah yeah, I know, It is God. If there is anything in your life that you love, that love comes from God, well came from God, but it is your own though too because God gave it to you to do with what you FREE WILLingly want to do with it.

Yeah yeah, I know. My logic is flawed when I say this, but I dont believe so. If you wish to challenge my logic then I will explain what I mean further, Later. Im sure that you will, so I will prepare myself to explain it where anyone can understand what I am trying to say. I have a problem with. My mind is full of so much chaos, but somehow I understand what is going on up there but I just sometimes have a problem explain the chaos to others. Hopefully I will be able to come up with a way for you to understand.

I know, it is me again. THE SCARY DELUSIONAL CRAZY PSYCHOTIC PERSON. I accept your compliment, and raise you a thank you.
Posted by devient.genie 3 years ago
Did I stutter albino? Personal god stories are sorry excuses for understanding the universe and life :)

Believing in a jewish zombie resurrection is sorry :) Believing you will get virgins after death is sorry.
Posted by AlbinoBunny 3 years ago
"there is no reason for a religious person to say they are sorry, we know you are sorry"

Really? Every person who is religious is sorry?
Vote Placed by philochristos 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: AlbinoBunny forfeited. :-(