It's unlikely that the Origin of Life was brought about through Natural Means.

The argument will be on what is more likely. The Origin of Life through Natural Means, or Supernatural Means.

In order to win, either side must prove that their point is likelier.

This isn't about Macro Evolution, whether Evolution is true or not, or what god brought about life. If anything i'll opt for a Deist interpretation of God.

Google defines 'natural' as this: "existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind"
and 'nature' is defined as this, from dictionary reference: "the material world, especially as surrounding humankind and existing independently of human activities"

tschuk forfeited this round.

Because natural means is loosely defined as "not made or caused by humankind", I have to prove that life was not created by humanity, and my opponent has to prove that it has been made by humankind (because he has set the BoP on both of us).

To prove that life was not created by humanity, I will be assuming that it was and use logic to prove that this idea is false.
  • P1: All life was created by humans.
  • P2: Humans are alive [1]
  • C1: Life requires life to exist.
The idea that life requires life to exist is flawed at its core.
This is comparable to "the creation of paper requires paper"... well, where did the first paper come from?
Because my opponent has to prove that humans caused the first human, and I have to refute this idea, I can say that God created the first human and that all life after that was created.

My point is more likely than the very first life requiring life to exist, so vote con.

[1].;(population requires life)

Wait, what? Since when did I say that I was trying to prove that Humans caused the Origin of Life? You were aware of what the point of my debate was Con. The point was whether God created life, (Which I am for) as in the first self replicating cell, or influenced life to some degree.

You were supposed to be arguing for the point that life could come about on it's own, without a guiding force. Yet, you opted to be a child and make this debate into an argument focused on a poor reading of my intent, which I clearly voiced in Round 1, I might add.

I have nothing to rebut against because my opponent has not made a constructive case.

I ask the gentle reader to look at his second paragraph, where he says "oped to be a child" (referring to me), and it is apparent that he is using ad hominem, a type of logical fallacy. This is not civil in any type of debate, and I ask that you review this instance of poor conduct accordingly.

You argued a different case then what I intended to represent in this Debate, given your track record on it's not a surprise.

I think you are misunderstanding what an Ad Hominem Fallacy is. I didn't insult you and try to influence the argument through that, I insulted you because of your poor debate manner.

Let it be known that she is sending me explicit messages on this website in an attempt to get my phone number.

I... was not sending you explicit messages...

Regardless of this attack, vote con because pro has not met the BoP he set upon himself, forfeited a round, and is accusing me of trying to steal his phone number for no reason...
Posted by tschuk 1 year ago
Sorry if you misunderstood. In a why I am supposing that it is more likely that the universe was brought about through supernatural means. Rather than natural means.
Posted by Subutai 1 year ago
Are you arguing that God created the universe, or that God explicitly created life? There are theist theories that posit a god that created the universe, but left it alone after that. In other words, life still originated naturally.
Vote Placed by Lee001 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro came up with no argument. con gets more convincing arguments because for 1. Pro FF the 2nd R. Con didn't necessarily even know what Pro's stance was because he didn't post his argument in the first round. And for 2. He never rebutted her. He also didn't provide any other arguments in this debate. All he did was attack Con. Conduct goes to Con because Pro accused Con of sending him explicit messages. When for 1. these things shouldn't be mentioned in a debate. For 2. This has nothing to do with the debate. Also, even is she was sending him explicit messages (which I highly doubt are true, where's the proof?") Con stayed within the topic while Pro took it to a different level. Reliable sources go to Con since she's the only one who used them.