Joella
nickel531

Jade Helm 15

Joella

Con

Jade Helm 15 is a Military excersice wherein the military "takes over" Texas, New Mexico, part of California and some other areas, they are also doing a similar excersice in Canada. All this Summer. Many real cities will be swarmed with real military "learning" to take them over.

I think this is awful. I think if the military is practicing something it means they intend to do it for real once they hone their skills, and meanwhile it's terrifying. We have a right not to be terrified by our own military - if they turn on us who will defend us?
nickel531

Pro

I accept the Pro viewpoint, under the idea that Jade Helm 15 is simply not worth being worried about. Good luck to Con, and may we have a well thought out & fun debate.
Joella

Con

Thanks for accepting! I'll say this - given you're stance I hope you win!! But I'm not convinced. I'll lay our some of my fears:

It is scary enough when the cops pull guns and chase a criminal in the city. I'm in LA I've seen some crazy stuff, and it gets my heart racing & I feel unwell and unsafe every time. As well sudden violence should make me feel. And that's just when every body's doing the job they need to do. There are also these crazy giant military helicopters that fly across the city most days it's really disconcerting, particularly because it is unpublicized what they are doing and why they are here!

Anyway -- that's real, normal life. Now I can't imagine all that at greatly heightened levels being good for anybodies health and daily functinality. It sounds too horrible if my neighboring city were filled with military vehicles and air dropped soldiers at all hours of day and night -- how does anybody know when things are still play and when the are real? because real police and any action is still going to be occurring it's all going to get mixed up, as you sit on your home and hear noises - much less go out for the night. And given the nature of people - not all people would stay hidden away in fear - real, angry, citizens might even come out and challenge the soldiers because they feel threatened and violated by their mere presence, then you've got soldiers already play acting attack - trained to deal with any percieved threats by attacking - and real cizizens expressing anger toward them - real violence could break out and escelate --- that would never have occurred had the military not decided to treat our cities as their playgrounds. Also I can't imagine what the little kids are going to go through, they are going to get PTSD - how are their little minds gonna know the difference between real and fake war in their streets when the actions are made to look as real as possible?
nickel531

Pro

My greatest apologies. I am currently on the way back from an impromptu trip. I will not return in time for this argument round. As soon as I return, we may continue on. For the next round, feel free to write what you wish, as round 3 for me will be a combo of opening points and rebuttal. Again, my sincerest apologies for this delay.
Joella

Con

Hi - your message is appreciated!! ok, I'll lay out a few more oncerns and you can respond to all as you like.

1) language matters. having a government program where huge swaths of Americans are reffered to as hostiles or insurgents -- understadably terrifies a lot of people who are already distructful of government. this mental stress is a hostile act unto itself, even if it's only an excersice or war game. there is no good reason to play at rounding up your own people.

2) we have no defense. IF this game turns into something more real, based on any provocation from agrivated citiizens or orders from superiors that did not disclose their full intentions -- the people have NO DEFENSE. if our own military has us at their mercy - who will defend us?? and you can't say it will never happen, it's happened in many countries - military cues are still common place and horrendous for the civilians. for this reason we should not be infiltrated even in jest. it makes us too vulnerable for real world horrors.

3) americans should not be psychologically trained to submit to military whims. we fund the military with our tax dollars, we pay them to protect us - not use us as a playground.

4) when the military keeps secrets from the public it should ONLY be to save us undo worry, it should NEVER be to cause us greater anxiety, again - we pay for the military, they are here to keep us safe not weaken out mentital fortitude and sense of security.

5) there are plenty of places to practice, the military can afford to build temporary cities in the desert, there is no good reason to use cities filled with peole living their lives -- to presend to attack Americans. It's scary.

6) this is how Nazi germany was taken over, first the said they were bringing in the military just for show, and the flooded the towns with them in parades and what not, once the people accepted their presense - then they took advantage of their acceptenca and proceeded to slaughter much of the population. and by the time the people realized they should object they were too deeply infiltrated and there was no way to organize an effective defense from within. you could say that would bever happen here - there is absolutely no reason to think that, many of the nazis came here aftter the war , and many became part of cia, this is fact, --- so to know what could happen -- we do not -- but I know we should avoid situations that give an advantage to bad things happening.
nickel531

Pro

nickel531 forfeited this round.
Joella

Con

I just saw this story on infowars about an AARP PSA comercial that has a "subliminal" audio track saying the president has announced martial law and everybody stay inside, etc. in the comercial there's also a shot of a bunch of green balls of yarn near a lamp that has a boat steering wheel on it -- I guess that's supposed to be code for jade helm . the comercial is real. and the audio on it, AARP even issued an apology saying it was just meant to harken another era ad not meant to cause confusion.

people are like -- what other era - the martial law era is now!?---- seeeeee -- this comercial is paid for by the government -- they are conditioning us. martia llaw is coming this summer!

thinking about it -- it was the first thing that actually set my mind at ease, I mean how silly!! -- to drop clues like this. i'm sure the comercial is intentional. I'm also sure it was meant to become a story to help freak people out. and get more paraniod and sure martial law is coming. it made me realize --- it's quite possibe the fear and feeling of paranioa is the point. the leaked jade helm documents showing all of texas as "hostiles" were surely meant to be leaked// maybe the point is to mke all thse people who are aready in fear of the government - sure that summer is concentration camp time --- then when it doesn't happen. "conspiracy theorists" appear more cray cray than ever . maybe its a discrediting campaign. and possible a pretty effective one. instead of a plan to physically invade america.

maybe, now I hope that's all it is. either way it's something bad. I just hope it's the lesser of all possible evils.
nickel531

Pro

nickel531 forfeited this round.
Joella

Con

Joella forfeited this round.
nickel531

Pro

nickel531 forfeited this round.