intellectiq
Jamais23

Jason Voorhees vs Michael Myers

Started: 6/14/2015 Category: Movies

intellectiq

Pro

The conclusion of the two movies which have very similar qualities however I believe that Friday the 13th along with Jason Voorhees not only better but also a stronger character.
Jamais23

Con

Michael Myers is more realistic than Jason Voorhees. First, Michael attacks in the neighbourhood and out in the open air. Jason waits for his opponents to come to Lake Crystal ( I think). Michael makes a big killing spree weeks before Halloween while Jason only attacks on Friday the 13th wwhich uncommonly appears.
intellectiq

Pro

a very fair point it's true that Michael Myers is in a real scenario however Jason makes more sense Jason Voorhees comes to kill whoever comes near crystal lake because his character have a purpose he return to get revenge on those for the death of his mother and also because he been bullied in his past don't get me wrong Michael is a great character but Jason have a purpose for his killing.
Jamais23

Con

Jamais23 forfeited this round.
intellectiq

Pro

intellectiq forfeited this round.
Jamais23

Con

Jamais23 forfeited this round.
intellectiq

Pro

Jason Voorhees haves alot of advantages one thing Jason is undead Michael isn't also Michael key weapon is a knife as Jason have a machete
Not only that although Michael is smarter and faster Jason can take more damage as he dish it out he been on fire shocked been slammed around and that's mainly why it was freddy vs Jason Jason always come back in the battle with freddy Jason won in the real world emerging from the water he won.
Jamais23

Con

It is true that Jason has a purpose of why he kills. It is to note also Michael too has a purpose: to kill anyone who has family ties with the Myers and anything or anyone related to the Myers. However, Michael [SPOIL ALERT] is cursed to kill his family and those that surround his family.

I agree that Jason was bullied when he was young and that many people do not like him but Michael was more quite. He is disturbed and is mute throughout the film series. That's what also makes him creepier because he just lurks in the shadows and attack. He is also more intelligent and again realistic as shown in the [SPOILER ALERT] end of Halloween H20. He quickly switches his mask with the Paramedics man and breaks his vocal chords so the man would be unable to speak.

Also, people would have hard time tracking down Michael than Jason because Michael just appears once a year during the month of October to make a killing spree. He doesn't have any visible wounds and he wears a tracksuit and a mask so if anyone who wears the same outfit as Michael would help hide the real Michael Myers.

There are no any characters that wear the same outfit as Jason and also I find Jason mentally retarded. He fails to distinguish his own mother and the woman who wears his mother's outfit in the end of Friday the 13th 2.

Michael seems impossible to kill like in Halloween 1978, when Dr. Loomis shot him, Michael still survives to return to the next film. I do not think that their weapons matter because they are both deadly in front of people. Except that knives are more common and scarier because of it being a popular weapon choice.

I find Michael more unapproachable and strong so people cannot really wrestle him. However, on Halloween V, he was finally locked up in prison but Michael has one advantage: he has an ally. His ally helps him escape from prison by bombing it. Unfortunately, Jason does not.
Posted by Humanities 1 year ago
Humanities
I think Michael Myers Is better because he has been killed many times and some of them were very painful but he was still able to come back to life.
Posted by Finalfan 1 year ago
Finalfan
Hmmm. I would agree! But I think the Halloween movies are better! Jason is one B.A. indestructible demon though!