kdthird3
why_why

Jay-Z is the Best Rapper of All Time

why_why
Started: 11/9/2014 Category: Music

kdthird3

Pro

First round is just acceptance. Good luck to my opponent.
why_why

Con

I accept, I think that Eminem (excuse spelling) is the best. He has better flow, a better attitude and good songs.
kdthird3

Pro

So here is why I believe Jay-Z is the best rapper. First off, no one else in the game can challenge his discography. His debut, Reasonable Doubt, is classic. The Blueprint and Black Album are also both classics. While Hard Knock Life vol. 2 isn't quite classic, but it is defiantly a highly reviewed album. He also holds the record for most number one albums by a solo performer. To put that in perspective, that is higher than Elvis, Madonna, and Michael Jackson. My next point is, he has a huge influence on the culture. Jay-Z was the first rapper to use the word "swag" in a song. Now we all see where that word is now. And finally, he is clearly one of the best rappers when it comes to beef. Now Eminem has undoubtly won all of his beefs, but who has he faced? Ja Rule? Mariah Carey? Jay-Z went toe to toe with one of the greatest MCs of all time, Nas, and arguably won. Now some people will say Nas one and some will say Jay, but either just being close to him shows you how good he is. He has also had some recent small beefs with Drake and Lil Wayne. So let's have a good debate and good luck to my opponent. (I would also like to add that I respect Eminem and find him to be quite skilled but not on the level of Jay-Z.
why_why

Con

Jay-Z may be classic, but he is obviously fake. Ex: I really bet that he really doesn't think if auto tune the way he says he does in D.O.A.
Also I just love eminems personality, he only cares about making his fans happy, and could care less about haters. Plus he has great beat.
He has been in some of the best rap songs of all time and earned it to: Not Afraid, Rap God, and many more. He Is great IN the Monster tour with Rihanna, seems that her voice finally seems good next to him. Don't believe me? Look:
Eminem - Rap God (Explicit): http://youtu.be...
Eminem - Not Afraid: http://youtu.be...
Eminem - The Monster (Explicit) ft. Rihanna: http://youtu.be...
kdthird3

Pro

So you're saying Jay-Z is fake? Than explain to me the undeniable facts that he was a drug dealer and had no father and grew up in the hood. What he raps about is 100% true. Also one of you're arguments is that "he sounds good next to Rihanna". Just because you sound good next to a pop singer doesn't make you any better at rapping. Furthermore, you have listed all of Eminem's "pop friendly" hits. That would suggest that he is a better pop star than Jay-Z (which I could agree with) not a better rapper. Than you proceed to state that Eminem has good beats. I cannot deny that since he has been with Dr Dre, but Jay also gets the edge here. He basically founded Kanye as a producer, has worked with other big producers like Pharrell (Neptune's), Timbalabd, and Swizz Beatz. Jay-Z has a much better taste for beats than Eminem. Jay also has an unmatched ability for word play. I'll give you two great examples of this would be "I'm not a business man, I'm a business, man" and "I Jack, I rob, I sin. Aw man, I'm Jackie Robinson. Cept when I run base, I dodge the pen". Finally, if you want to talk about featured artist, Jay-Z has gone bar for bar with the likes of The Notorious B.I.G, Nas, and Kanye West. As for pop stars he has also worked with Rihanna (see Run This Town which is arguably better than Monster), Mary J Blige, and of course Beyonce who he is married to by the way. Obviously everything Eminem has done Jay has done too, and he's done it even better
why_why

Con

Saying that he was a drug dealer just ruins his personality. And Eminem doesn't need word play, his songs mean something. Even his pop songs. He beats every rapper all the way. He doesn't need to perform with others.
Loose yourself: talks about how he started from the bottom, and then blew up.
Rap God: he raps 150 words in 15 seconds and doesn't stutter.
kdthird3

Pro

Basically all of Jays songs are about him starting from the bottom and blowing up. And his drug dealing added to business savvy (not saying its a good thing). You also bring up Eminem's speed skills which he does posses, but Jay had some speed too. Listen to The Originators featuring Jaz. Jays speed isn't crazy but its sufficient to keep up with em. Its not like Eminem is the fastest of all time either, listen to Twista. Now I will go to my original round 4 plans which was to focus on his out if music careers. He has created an empire out of his name. Rocafella Records, Rocawear, ROC Nation, ROC Nation Sports agency, owned the Brooklyn Nets, and of course has a net worth of $510 million according to Forbes. He has also raised some good proteges too. He has raised Kanye West and J Cole compared to Eminem's 50 Cent. Jay has been the most successful rapper of all time. You could argue for Diddy and Dr Dre, but their rap careers are nowhere near that of Jays. So clearly byy opponent's failure to rebut my arguments with any form of good facts, I think it is clear to see that he is running out of ways to support his case.
why_why

Con

Eminem is successfull too. He has one countless awards, I'll name some:
1. He's in the guiness world records
2. MTV Europe music awards for best
3. Grammy award for best album
4. Grammy award for best rap song
And many more. He has achieved 10 number one albums, sold more than 42 million tracks, 49. 1 million albums in the U.S and 100 million albums world wide. He is considered the best selling artists of the 2000s. His first 3 albums all won Grammy awards, making him the first artist to win best rap album three consecutive times. He has won a total of 13 grammies. Loose yourself, one of his songs, won 8 awards. In addition to his solo career, Eminem is a member of the group D12, as well as the hip hop duo Bad Meets Evil, alongside Royse da 5'9. Here's some more reasons: http://genius.com...
kdthird3

Pro

Obviously Eminem's 10 number one albums is easily rebutted by Jay having 13. Also, Jay and Kanyes Watch The Throne collaboration achieved much greater fame than Bad Meets Evil. Now here comes the statistic I was waiting to throw out to close the deal. Jay-Z was named "Greatest MC of All Time" by MTV. On that same list, Eminem ranked 9th. That is clearly inarguable should reside with the voters of this debate. Now, as is custom in the final round, I will summarize my statements. He has some of the greatest achievements (Most #1 albums by a sole artist), has one of the most successful careers beyond music, has an extremely large impact on pop culture, and has some of the best wordplay and lyrics of all time. I believe I presented the voters enough information to convince them that Jay-Z is the best of all time, but my opponent definitely made some strong points in the fourth. If like to thank my opponent for a great debate and I wish him luck in the voting period.
why_why

Con

I'd like to add, Eminem is more than a rapper. He writes his own songs, he is a producer AND actor. He starred in 8 miles, a successfull movie. Of course I don't discredit jay, but he will be forgotten in a few years. Eminem will stay longer. He is a good person too. Watch some interviews and you'll see that. He is 40 and he is still famous. And no train wreak. He undeniably has the greatest lyrics. His rap is far from forced and he is a humble man. He's also diffirent then other rappers, his songs aren't like:
Drugs and alcohol I'm high now
tit butts money mansions
I'm high
Drunk men I'm rich
Ladies and tits
(Rasist lyrics)
women
Crack and cocaine, girls
I like big butts
That girl has big boobs
BLURRED LINES!
he doesn't auto tune himself to the point where he sounds non human.
Sslp is the most unique album ever
Mmlp had the biggest impact on hip hop in the 2000s
Thank you for the nice debate and good luck in the voting period!
Posted by tyleremery2383 2 years ago
tyleremery2383
It isn't hard to win against Lil Wayne. Just rhyme a word other than n***** with another word other than n*****.
Posted by kdthird3 2 years ago
kdthird3
Moneystacker... I have nas in my top 5 as well
Posted by moneystacker 2 years ago
moneystacker
I belive Nas is. I would debate this but to many debates. I don't think Jay-z is the top but he's in my top 5.
Vote Placed by Exmortus 2 years ago
Exmortus
kdthird3why_whyTied
Reasons for voting decision: way better
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
kdthird3why_whyTied
Reasons for voting decision: con is the only one to use sources. Arg's are tied because pro's amount of successes are doubtfull (no sources), and con shows Enimem a faster rapper, and how pro's showing of how Jay-Z deals with drug rebuts his own case (As far as we're concerned, Enimem doesn't need drugs to help him out as presumed).