Jedi Don't Use Underwear

First Round is for acceptance, burden of proof is shared by Pro and Con.

Good evening, sir.

I humbly accept your challenge and eagerly await your response.

May the force be with you.

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate. I know this will sound mean and I apologize in advance for saying this, but I was kind of hoping that a slightly more experienced member would accept this debate. However, I'm sure that you'll still make an excellent opponent. If you don't forfeit, that is.
Anyhow, now that the pleasantries are over with, I shall begin.

1. A History of the Jedi:
Until approximately 800\900 years prior to the events of Star Wars: Episode 1, the Jedi wore underwear, like everyone else did.
Once upon a time there was a Jedi named Justin. He never said never. He preferred to say "will not ever." Anyway, he was a bully. He liked to pick on the other Jedi younglings. He was about three years older than the other Jedi younglings in his class, because he had been held back several times (due to the fact that he was dumb). This advantage in size allowed him to pick on the other younglings with little resistance from them.
One day, he gave a youngling Jedi a wedgie. This wedgie was recorded by a teacher and posted on the websites which the younglings were allowed to go onto. Their website options were limited, because of an incident involving an apprentice buying 3000 Republic Credits worth of virtual money for an online game using money from the Jedi Temple Bank Account.
Anyway, the video went viral and soon, all of the younglings were giving each other wedgies. IN FACT, grown Jedi masters and their apprentices were giving each other wedgies. Wedgies ruined the bond of trust between Master and Apprentice, and this was a big problem.
Therefore, the now obsolete Council of Jedi Elders (later replaced by the Jedi Council) convened to discuss the problem. The council consisted of really old Jedi.
They decided that the wedgies needed to be put to a stop.
So, disciplinary measures were to be enforced against any Jedi caught giving someone else a wedgie. In fact, they downright banned underwear among all licensed Jedi.
Also, Justin was to be kicked out of the Jedi Academy (now obsolete).
Swearing that he would have his revenge, Justin fled to the secretive world's of the Sith and became...Darth Bieber.

Two years later, the Sith Lord in power slipped over a banana peel and died.
In the aftermath of this tragedy, Darth Bieber took power. He instituted reforms, such as requiring all Sith to wear underwear, even the ones who didn't originally. Even to this day the Sith wear underwear and the Jedi don't.
Fortunately, Darth Bieber's evil reign over the Sith was short-lived. He had a song of his composition, "Baby," played on repeat 24/7 via the loudspeakers all over the Sith territories.
After thirteen days of power, Darth Bieber was assassinated by his own apprentice, Darth Tinky-Winky.

So, when the Jedi Order abolished underwear, what did they replace it with? The answer is simple: diapers.
The Jedi did, from then on, purchase child and adult diapers from the Trade Federation, who in turn bought their diapers from a bear-like species called the "Charmin," who actually specialize in toilet paper. Their national anthem was "Cha cha cha Charmin." Despite the baseless rumors that they are cute and cuddly, the truth is far from it.

Also, there are several practical uses for diapers. For instance, if you were a Jedi knight operating deep behind enemy lines, you'd need a quick way to pee and poop. So instead of finding a quiet place to poop, why not just do your business right then and there without letting your pants down?

I rest my case and I await my opponent's response.

My opponent says that he hoped for a slightly more experienced member to accept the debate, yet he only has 2 debates completed himself. I hope that this is due to my opponents grand ambition, not pride...

I will first refute my opponents (ludicrous) arguments, then establish my own.

My opponents whole argument is based entirely on speculation. The pictures and examples that my opponent provided are not from the Jedi era, but rather present day. As Episode IV clearly states, "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away." As I am sure that everyone has heard of Justin Bieber and Charmin, it is impossible for them to have existed a long time ago in a galaxy far away.

Can we all agree that my opponents proof is based on a story that he has simply concocted for this debate?

Any true star wars fan knows that Jedi wear underwear.

In the Star Wars Novel: "Approaching the Storm," Obi-wan, Anakin, Luminara Unduli and Barris Offee stop by the river to wash their robes and bathe themselves. The book then describes them as swimming in their underwear.

Last time I checked, Obi-wan, Anakin, Luminara Unduli, and Barris Offee are real Jedi, whereas Darth Bieber and Darth Tinky-Winky are not.

I rest my case and eagerly await my opponents response (please don't just make something up this time?)

In reference to the Star Wars novel "Approaching the Storm," my opponent mentioned "Luminara Unduli," a character who has appeared only in Star Wars: The Clone Wars according to my knowledge (I could be wrong about this).
Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that I can invalidate my the validity of this book by proving that the "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" TV series is not Canon.
I've got several reasons why Star Wars: The Clone Wars is not Canon.

1. The series introduced Anakin Skywalker's padawan, "Ahsoka Tano." Now, the series portrays her in around half of all episodes (if not more), and she is often shown being on the front lines with her master. Now, it is not unreasonable to say that if the Clone Wars was canon, Ahsoka would've been an extremely prolific Jedi warrior during the war. She would've been fairly well-known among the Jedi, especially after she was framed for the "Jedi Temple Bombing."
HOWEVER, as far as I know, she doesn't even appear one time in Star Wars Episode 3. If she was a Canon character and if she was not killed off during the Clone Wars, then it would not make any sense for the writers to not put her in a single scene during the whole movie. That's like making a Star Trek: The Next Generation movie without any mention or appearance of Deanna Troy.
2. The series also introduced the Queen of Mandalore. Or at least, I think that she was the Queen. Either way, the series portrayed a past romance between her and Obi Wan Kenobi, a romance which was put to a stop by the Jedi rules against romance.
Well, when the Jedi were forced to go into hiding and Obi Wan went off by himself (as portrayed in Episode 4), wouldn't it have made sense for him to finally pursue a romance with the Queen of Mandalore? Yet after the Clone Wars ends she is never seen again!
3. In the Clone Wars movie, Jabba was portrayed as having a son. Now, in the original Star Wars trilogy (4, 5, and 6) this son of Jabba's is never seen or mentioned.
4. Generals Rex & Cody are portrayed as being loyal to the Republic, yet at the same time they will not blindly follow orders which they know to be wrong or immoral. For instance, in the Clone Wars, either Rex or Cody (I don't remember which) is shown standing up against his evil commanding officer, General Krell. It is ludicrous to assume that they would blindly follow the order to murder all the Jedi! Yet that's exactly what they do in Episode 3.
5. In Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Darth Maul is shown to be alive. Tell me: how the HECK could anybody survive being cut in half and then falling hundreds (or perhaps thousands) of feet to their doom? Even a Jedi could not survive that!
Note: I haven't gotten this far into the series yet. I could be misinformed about a thing or two.

All of this evidence points to either one of two possible conclusions:
A. The Clone Wars is a Canon series with WAY too many plot holes.
B. It's not a Canon series. Instead, it was created to appeal strictly to 10-12 year old boys
Option B is more likely.

Therefore, my opponent has no evidence that the Jedi actually do wear underwear. Then, my opponent challenged the validity of my story, saying that I made it all up. Does he have any proof that it's made up? I even provided pictures, didn't I? I must conclude that my opponent is a Charmin who doesn't want primitive humans to know about their existence here on Earth within factories all over the United States of America.

I request that the viewers and voters please disregard my opponents previous post, as proving "The Clone Wars" is absolutely irrelevant. "Approaching the Storm" is not a related to "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," and I truly have no idea why my opponent is spending his time babbling on about "The Clone Wars." Whether it is canonical or not doesn't matter, because I was not using "The Clone Wars" as a proof; I was using "Approaching the Storm." Thus, my opponents arguments from the previous post may be deemed utterly irrelevant.

Thus, my evidence provided in "Approaching the Storm" still stands, as it clearly describes multiple Jedi bathing in their underwear, not diapers.

My opponent has begged the matter that his "pictures" help prove his point. BUT, not one of my opponents pictures showed a true Jedi wearing a diaper. He merely provided pictures of (blatant impostor) Jedi.

However, I can provide a picture that proves once and for all that Jedi wear underwear. This picture shall provide closure to this argument beyond a hint of a doubt.

Oh, and for good measure:

Good sir, it is you who are checkmated, not I.

Crud. My overly serious opponent has ruined a perfectly awesome troll debate.

I did some (about thirty seconds worth of) research and discovered that the novel my opponent mentioned took place in between Episodes 1 & 2. I was assuming that the novel took place in between Episodes 2 & 3, during that period known as the Clone Wars. Had this been the case, my string of arguments attacking the Clone Wars would've been valid and relevant for this debate.
Also, my opponent has provided picture evidence (though the second picture looks more like a bikini), fulfilling his burden of proof to the fullest.
Therefore, I must concede victory to Con.

I thank my opponent for his concession and acceptance of defeat.

It was a fun debate, thank you for initiating it!

May the force be with you, and remember to wear your underpants ladies and gentlemen.
Posted by LogicalLunatic 2 years ago
Hmm...My opponent claims that my story is false?
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
silly debate.
Posted by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
Oh my
Posted by LogicalLunatic 2 years ago
You'll find out when this debate gets underway.
Posted by Unknown_player 2 years ago
This seems like it could be a really fun debate. Does "Jedi" include the dark side too?
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: concess'n
Vote Placed by LDPOFODebATeR0328 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro trolled.