andyjfraser
DirtySweetSweetNeckDaddy

Jehovah Witnesses

DirtySweetSweetNeckDaddy

andyjfraser

Con

Should Jehovah Witnesses be banned from going from door to door to peddle their version of Christianity and pray on vulnerable people in order to get a bible study going and then a conversion to their faith?
DirtySweetSweetNeckDaddy

Pro

Should girl scout's be banned from selling cookies door to door. Considering the obesity rate of our country, I would view peddling sugar/salt addictions much worse that telling people about a specific religion. Are the occasional door rings annoying, maybe. I personally have never ONCE been approached by a group of them, but I have seen them out and about. Do they have a right to try to recruit people into there religion? Absolutely. Do you have the right to expose them as something blown way out of proportion, so much so that it requires a debate? Yes, you have that right also. Every single organized religion has some sort of agenda on increasing their membership base, its how the church grows. They have cornered the door to door approach. Don't hate on them for having a recognizable M.O. And one that works at that, cause they surely haven't gone any where. Church is just like a business. They have bills, they have a payroll. I in fact admire them for having the gumption to get out on there and pound the streets for not only something they believe in, but something that has been integrated as part of the financial plan. I wouldn't want to do it. And to conclude my short and sweet initial rebuttal, I want every who follows this, rates it, judges it, and the fine gentleman who argues against it to remember one thing: This is a Church we are talking about for God sakes. They don't hold all of my particular beliefs, but they do believe in God, and for the most part there intentions are more than likely better than most others. So lets just keep that in context. We are talking about the amount of time it takes you to open a door and politely say, "No thank you."
And if your not so completely overextended with the pressures and demands of your unbearably taxing life, you might just be able to quickly squeak out four more. "Have a nice day."
andyjfraser

Con

andyjfraser forfeited this round.
DirtySweetSweetNeckDaddy

Pro

DirtySweetSweetNeckDaddy forfeited this round.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
Ha Ha, Observer: I have read nearly all their gibberish, they even started thinking I was getting close to being one of them, except the only useful knowledge I gained was about making a good coffee. One day, they were targeting a neighbor of mine who just lost her father as they are Obituary Vultures here. They had all their children with them and I noticed they had an eye on my neighbors driveway, when she arrived home, they made a bee line for her and left the children with me.
Since I had studied their literature and made notes on the stupidity within, I started feeding this back to their children and they all agreed with my interpretation of their literature.
A week later I saw one of the fathers with his children walking towards me on the same side of the street and the children called out to me and waved, to which their father grabbed them by their collars and physically dragged them over to the other side of the street.
I didn't get a visit from them for many years after that, they made a wide birth of my place.
LOL!
Though that was almost as much fun as applying for their bible reading online with an address that was in the middle of the school ground next door. I expected one or two to turn up to give the bible reading, not 25. They all stood across from the school ground pointing at where the house should be. LOL!
Posted by SimpleObserverofThings 3 years ago
SimpleObserverofThings
As a former Jehovah's Witness, I would gladly love for them to knock on my door one day when I'm home. The conversation will be wonderfully brutal. With the information that I've been studying for the last 6 years, not to mention the biblical knowledge that I have gained for 21 years, I'm sure the conversation will be interesting to say the least, even though I know they'll leave my door as soon as they realize I was one and will likely brand me as an apostate. I'll still try though.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
Would hate for them not to be trying to convert me @ my door.
Love stirring them up, they do get angry, but try not to.
They always tell me that they are God's representatives.
I do charity work and I'm often at people's doors being a Charity representative and I do need Identification for that.
So they get very annoyed when I ask them for their Identification badges, with God's phone number on it, so I can confirm that I'm really talking with his representative.
LOL, Those obituary Vultures are so funny!
Vote Placed by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
andyjfraserDirtySweetSweetNeckDaddyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Agreements go to Pro, even though this issue is one I have never put much thought on. Conduct is tied because both FFed once. S&G goes to Con because, even though Pro had the much longer argument, Con's made less mistakes. Arguments to Pro because he provided one whereas Con's only one was not even an argument, but a question...sources are tied because neither debater provided any.